• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT36| Fifty Shades of TTK

They really did blow their load with the original exotics. Very few if any of the expansion exotics measure up.

I wouldn't say that necessarily. But like most of the rest of the decisions they've taken with this game, it just seems to me that they change things just to change things. Exotics were good year one, why make them useless now? Xur was good year one, why is he useless now? Nightfall was cool year one, why doesnt it feel as cool anymore? Events were useful year one, why are they useless now? Exotic bouties were fun, why is that gone? And i can literally keep going...

Its as if they got into a meeting and said:

hey, lets change everything.

But sir, some stuff is fun!

Fuck that stuff, change everything i said!

What was good about them?

Quad jump.

Dat quadruple jump bruh, it's the bees knees

I beg to differ...

Pka3zTQ.png

Deku Tree

What was good about them?

Four jumps instead of three. Quadruple jump! And extra heavy perk! An actually useful exotic perk!

Edit: quadruple reply!

What about them other exotics for each class that were never obtainable, huh?

Probably getting them soon as well.

Dat quadruple jump bruh, it's the bees knees

Qua
Dru
Ple
Jump

:)

Quad jump.

I beg to differ...

Pka3zTQ.png

Four jumps instead of three. Quadruple jump! And extra heavy perk! An actually useful exotic perk!

flkraven

Does anyone think that Bungie would ever put the vanilla version of Destiny digital version on sale? Getting sick of using this disc

GhaleonEB

Why are you guys upset? You don't know how they rebalanced it yet.

This. From the BWU:

We’re infusing loot tables with some more gold to mine from your action. Two of them are exclusive to Year Two. Others are weapons and armor from Year One that have been upgraded to keep pace with your Level 40 character. A couple of those Year One reprisals might even have some new surprises tucked away in their talent trees.

Dragon's Breath was a poster child for an exotic that was good in concept but poor in execution. With another pass it could be great. If it's the same, then it's a lost opportunity. I'm optimistic.

My personal hope: either the damage from the solar flare is increased, or it leaves a small shower of solar blooms in an area around the blast radius, creating a large area of denial / damage over time. Would be useful in both PvE and PvP.

Heck, just adding tracking would make it great, with three rounds in the tube.

flkraven

I didn't get MIDA until the week before TTK, and I didn't use Dragon's Breath bc lol Gally and Truth. I'm actually really excited to try both now, especially DB with the Taikanout

flkraven

My personal hope: either the damage from the solar flare is increased, or it leaves a small shower of solar blooms in an area around the blast radius, creating a large area of denial / damage over time. Would be useful in both PvE and PvP.

Heck, just adding tracking would make it great, with three rounds in the tube.

What if the solar flare sucked in enemies sort of like the tether!

Top Bottom