• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT36| Fifty Shades of TTK

Iceman829

What's up dgaf.

Been busy yesterday with work and then my teammates came over to watch Office Space because my Lead hasn't seen it and we work in an office so it was only fitting.

I also tried some Rum from Mexico another coworker just brought back with her, Tortuga. Smooth as butter. Also got a new phone yesterday, note 5. Loving this thing so far especially compared to my previous S4.

I'll try some trials out today when it releases.

If I didn't have all sorts of health problems I'm visiting the doc about today, things would be looking pretty good.

Good luck with the doc, hopefully they can patch you up quick. Haven't seen you around since that one night you took wipedout's raid spot

StMeph

Not having played the game too much before, I'm not defending Bungie's history of patching Destiny, but a single week turnaround for balance changes is way too fast. There's no way to get enough feedback on changes in the meta and let things actually develop if there are constant endless tweaks.

Monthly tune-ups are probably a good pace, and most of the feedback should come from Trials of Osiris or some other hypercompetitive PvP mode where there's a much better pool of data from the highest level of play, where the meta is most relevant.

LTWood12

What's up dgaf.

Been busy yesterday with work and then my teammates came over to watch Office Space because my Lead hasn't seen it and we work in an office so it was only fitting.

I also tried some Rum from Mexico another coworker just brought back with her, Tortuga. Smooth as butter. Also got a new phone yesterday, note 5. Loving this thing so far especially compared to my previous S4.

I'll try some trials out today when it releases.

If I didn't have all sorts of health problems I'm visiting the doc about today, things would be looking pretty good.

Sorry to hear that x. Hope you are able to get some kind of relief.

So if anyone is curious, here is everything I got on my way to Rank 5 in IB:

• 284 Finnala's Peril w/ Hotswap and Hidden Hand
  • 280 Finnala's peril w/ Third Eye and Tracker (Bought)
  • 280 Bretomart's Stand w/ Spray and Play and Crowd Control (Bought)
  • 310 Iron Shell Bonus Glimmer on Titan kills(Rank 5)
  • 311 Iron Companion Helm (Rank 5)
  • 293 Iron Gauntles w/ Grenade distance
  • 296 Iron Gauntles w/ Melee speed
  • 292 Iron Plate w/ Scout, Sniper, and Solar Armor
  • 280 Iron Plate w/ Scout, Fusion, and Solar Armor
  • 292 Iron Plate w/ AR, Sidearm, and Arc Armor
  • 284 Iron Plate w/ AR, Fusion, and Void Armor

Note that basically skipped Rank 4 by turning in my weekly bounties when I was 75% through Rank 3.

Afrocious

So if anyone is curious, here is everything I got on my way to Rank 5 in IB:

• 284 Finnala's Peril w/ Hotswap and Hidden Hand
  • 280 Finnala's peril w/ Third Eye and Tracker (Bought)
  • 280 Bretomart's Stand w/ Spray and Play and Crowd Control (Bought)
  • 310 Iron Shell Bonus Glimmer on Titan kills(Rank 5)
  • 311 Iron Companion Helm (Rank 5)
  • 293 Iron Gauntles w/ Grenade distance
  • 296 Iron Gauntles w/ Melee speed
  • 292 Iron Plate w/ Scout, Sniper, and Solar Armor
  • 280 Iron Plate w/ Scout, Fusion, and Solar Armor
  • 292 Iron Plate w/ AR, Sidearm, and Arc Armor
  • 284 Iron Plate w/ AR, Fusion, and Void Armor

Note that basically skipped Rank 4 by turning in my weekly bounties when I was 75% through Rank 3.

Did you begin IB the day it started?

Daemul

Seriously, check out the balance change thread here from the forums:

http://forum.bioware.com/topic/264032-multiplayer-balance-changes

Just look at all those weekly balance changes!

And this was for a game where MP was initially just tacked on.

Man, I'm so happy that the people behind Mass Effect 3's combat and MP are the ones handling Mass Effect:Andromeda. The series is in good hands and I'm looking forward to losing another year of my life in their Multiplayer.

Awesome. How'd you handle your alts? I'm trying to figure out efficient ways to get exp.

Getting one character to rank 5 gives your alts an enormous rep boost (maybe double? Not sure) on top of the huge Tempered Buff late in the week. At most do a few Daily bounties here and there or at least pick them up on your alts since they don't always repeat each day.

You could then do all the daily bounties and the weekly bounties starting around Sunday or even Monday and easily hit rank 5. Probably wouldn't take much if any more than the 13 games played required for one of the weekly bounties, assuming you finished all bounties during those games.

Awesome. How'd you handle your alts? I'm trying to figure out efficient ways to get exp.

Haven't touched them yet. I thought about started on my Hunter today, but at the same time, I kind of want the ship, so I'm torn.

Then of course, Trials is starting, so I may just be done with IB, I dunno.

Agent

Had enough of Blops3 already? Tired of 60 fps?

Hell no. Having ALOT of fun on Blops 3, but I have friends in Destiny that feel lonely when I dont play :p

Took a bit of a break from BO3 last night to try out some Iron Banana. I lasted two games before going back to BO3. I was so bad at it and it felt like my character had 500 pound sandbags on it as I moved around. I don't think it was the FPS difference, but maybe it was. Whenever I get more into Destiny it is going to be a struggle to get used to everything again.

Getting one character to rank 5 gives your alts an enormous rep boost (maybe double? Not sure) on top of the huge Tempered Buff late in the week. At most do a few Daily bounties here and there or at least pick them up on your alts since they don't always repeat each day.

You could then do all the daily bounties and the weekly bounties starting around Sunday or even Monday and easily hit rank 5. Probably wouldn't take much if any more than the 13 games played required for one of the weekly bounties, assuming you finished all bounties during those games.
Last time I got my warlock to rank 5 in, I believe, exactly 15 matches on Sunday, not having played a single game on her before that day.

1K Stare, take the wheel!

CCDzk0j.gif

That extra moment of zoom after the kill was me in a state of bewilderment. I did like 10% of the work lol

The buff for alts is double rep, and starts working once your main character is rank 2 and above.

Obviously it only works until the alt char Reach's the same rank as main, then the buff stops.

If you can play on Sunday or Monday the buff gets crazy. I am below average at PvP and could get an alt from 0 to rank 5 in a few hours in year 1 ib.

maomaoIYP

Got to IB rank 5 on hunter.
My pitiful loot:
3 x chest pieces
3 x handcannons
310 artifact from rank 3 package
310 iron ghost from rank 5 package.
No MG, gauntlets, helms etc.
None of the chest pieces had a good roll, two of them had fusion rifle ammo wtf.

Can someone explain to me what they mean by level 3 and 5 packages on IB?

That just something you get automatically when you hit those ranks, and they are just drops, not actual packages in your inventory? I hit rank 3 last night, got a blue engram (of course).

Guess it's just like trials in this way, but asking cuz I am bored at the moment at work :)

Deku Tree

Can someone explain to me what they mean by level 3 and 5 packages on IB?

That just something you get automatically when you hit those ranks, and they are just drops, not actual packages in your inventory? I hit rank 3 last night, got a blue engram (of course).

Guess it's just like trials in this way, but asking cuz I am bored at the moment at work :)

You go to lord salad and pick it up, just like a rank up from the other vendors.

Namikaze1

Here's the list of the new year 1 exotics being updated:

Necrochasm
Necrochasm
Necrochasm
Necrochasm
Necrochasm
Necrochasm
Necrochasm
Necrochasm
Necrochasm

Fuck all other exotics!

noomi

Any idea at what point today details about the updated Y1 exotics will start trickling out?

No clue, but I would watch their instagram page for new images that will tease these new exotics ;)

Here's the list of the new year 1 exotics being updated:

Necrochasm
Necrochasm
Necrochasm
Necrochasm
Necrochasm
Necrochasm
Necrochasm
Necrochasm
Necrochasm

Fuck all other exotics!

Nami, never change :)

Sorry to hear that X, hope everything gets sorted out soon!

I should have much more time for Trials this weekend than last so hopefully we can do another run and I can redeem my scrubiness from our abbreviated Firebase run.

Thanks Drizz. Yea that was a tumultuous run to say the least :X

Good luck with the doc, hopefully they can patch you up quick. Haven't seen you around since that one night you took wipedout's raid spot

Thanks man haha hopefully he finally killed Oryx

Sorry to hear that x. Hope you are able to get some kind of relief.

Thanks LT. I hope so too!

Top Bottom