• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT36| Fifty Shades of TTK

Afrocious

I used to disagree with Unstable about Mercury being rewarded for Flawless Trials runs, but after some time in TTK and actually doing Trials, I've changed my mind.

I do wish PvE had something at the same level of difficulty with awesome rewards, and make the flawless run rewards better to be on par with this theoretical PvE change I'm proposing.

KF HM is piss easy compared to Trials basically.

Kyoufu

I used to disagree with Unstable about Mercury being rewarded for Flawless Trials runs, but after some time in TTK and actually doing Trials, I've changed my mind.

I do wish PvE had something at the same level of difficulty with awesome rewards, and make the flawless run rewards better to be on par with this theoretical PvE change I'm proposing.

PVE will always be piss easy compared to PVP. That being said, maybe Challenge mode will be...challenging.

ocean

Banned
Hmm, I'd probably be hard-pressed to find a group to do all that with me. I'd be down for potential Y1 exotic rolls though.

Also great suggestions btw. Still on the fence though :/. I have my eye on the hacksaw, but you raise a good point about optimizing gear.
Weapons you like and feel good with are probably a better investment. I wouldn't start optimizing armor until I had my weapon loadout sorted out.

Hawksaw is beautiful and probably the top choice among top players right now but I'm partial to Niwen's for the higher impact and Third Eye. The quest 1,000 Yard drops at low light but has Shortgaze, so it's a better PvP option than the vendor one (which shines in PvE, amazing roll for that)

MrDaravon

At least the shipwright is selling two rare ships today. I already owned one of them though.

I am only missing three rare ships to complete my collection.

Yeah I'm missing one Uncommon and 3 Rare ships now. Doubt they're going to sell all 4 of those in the next 9 days though, and god knows what is up with the Winterborn Mark (the concept of certain vendor goods being "rare" is incredibly dumb).

Afrocious

PVE will always be piss easy compared to PVP. That being said, maybe Challenge mode will be...challenging.

It doesn't have to be. Star Wars: The Old Republic? Raids had three difficulties: Story(normal), Hard, and Nightmare.

Nightmare modes for older raids were still piss hard even if you got all the current endgame gear and optimized your stats.

ocean

Banned

I think there's just a bridge in terms of vision among the player base.

Some people feel everyone should be able to get everything. Others feel some content should be set aside to reward players who demonstrate high skill.

There's no PvE equivalent to Trials, sadly. And I wish there were! Flawless Raid runs should, in my opinion, give an extra emblem / shader / chest. Most people won't be able to do it, or will maybe do it once. Others will do it on the regular in their 3x reset runs. Just like Trials - some never do, some get lucky or carried, some farm it 3x every weekend.

I personally feel skill deserves being rewarded. You guys who are better than I should totally have an emblem I can't get by going 9-0. I think it's fair and aspirational! Hopefully PvE gets an equivalent skill-gated reward. Like Mercury, it could be largely symbolic. You shouldn't out the best stuff in the game there. Just a little something you know? Tokens to reward your skill, that's all.

Some people feel everyone should be able to get everything. Others feel some content should be set aside to reward players who demonstrate high skill.

There's no PvE equivalent to Trials, sadly. And I wish there were! Flawless Raid runs should, in my opinion, give an extra emblem / shader / chest. Most people won't be able to do it, or will maybe do it once. Others will do it on the regular in their 3x reset runs. Just like Trials - some never do, some get lucky or carried, some farm it 3x every weekend.

I personally feel skill deserves being rewarded. You guys who are better than I should totally have an emblem I can't get by going 9-0. I think it's fair and aspirational! Hopefully PvE gets an equivalent skill-gated reward. Like Mercury, it could be largely symbolic. You shouldn't out the best stuff in the game there. Just a little something you know? Tokens to reward your skill, that's all.
Problem is people get salty when they can't get skill based rewards.

What scope am I supposed to use for Hawksaw? Slo-19, spo-28, or Sro-37?
Also, snapshot or hand laid stock? I already have fitted stock, so I can have full stability with hand laid stock. But maybe more range with snapshot with less stability is better. I don't know.

Jabronium

At least the shipwright is selling two rare ships today. I already owned one of them though.

I am only missing three rare ships to complete my collection.

Slipper Misfit is my favorite ship, I think. I just wish (as do many folks, I think) that they were more than just loading screen backdrops. Setting myself up for disappointment, sure, but I still hope there's ship combat in Destiny 2.

Afrocious

Absolutely agreed.

Complete Normal KF in under an hour. Complete Hard KF in under an hour. Flawless KF. Hell, do the same things with the older raids as well.

A third, even harder difficulty would be nice too.

There's a lot Bungie could do to test the PvE skill of folks.

lt519

You guys have probably one of the best raid teams in Destiny though. The only reason it's easier is because it's predicable. Still extremely challenging content especially for groups that haven't done it or are going in blind, as it should be done. People getting flawless cards at the same pace it took them to beat the raid. I saw more people here with a flawless trials run day one then people that had cleared the raid day one.

For the record I love the current trials set up and I'm awful. You should get heavily rewarded for going 9-0. HM clears are pretty heavily rewarded, you are basically guaranteed 2 of the 4 HM drops through the raid from 310-320 and a shot at an exotic. I've never seen anyone get boned on more than two drops in one HM raid.

MrDaravon

Slipper Misfit is my favorite ship, I think. I just wish (as do many folks, I think) that they were more than just loading screen backdrops. Setting myself up for disappointment, sure, but I still hope there's ship combat in Destiny 2.

Yeah, I already had the rare Slipper Misfit she's selling today because I've been using that as my ship for months.

Nah i really dont think thats what they are going for with Destiny. Ship combat at this point would feel weird even in this game. I would be surprised if they added it.

ocean

Banned
Found that dude's stream. Bit disappointed to learn he uses XIM to play with mouse/keyboard. Didn't even know people did that in Destiny :p

That was still an impressive play, the rolling and shooting was on point. But doing it with a mouse knocks it down a few points imo

Owensboro

Looking for two more for a normal King's Fall. We're at the Sisters. Never beaten Oryx, but know the fight and how it works!

PSN: OwensboroEsq

MrDaravon

Found that dude's stream. Bit disappointed to learn he uses XIM to play with mouse/keyboard. Didn't even know people did that in Destiny :p

That was still an impressive play, the rolling and shooting was on point. But doing it with a mouse knocks it down a few points imo

XIM is real in Destiny PvP.

GutZ31

Guys, is this good? I got a hawksaw from a crucible care package, and I leveled it up.
Should I just delete it?
Totally wrecks btw
862fe2bd1cdc63e284969bc9bbda504d.jpg

deafmedal

Space for 2 for a fresh HM KF, through daughters!

jeez, second weekend and having real trouble getting groups together :S

I've been doing match-made strikes a lot recently and I've always been surprised and disappointed at how I perform in them. At the stats screen I always end up being the player with the fewest kills, even with people lower in light level are on my team.

I bought the Supercell from Xur and that made a HUGE difference. Ran about five strikes and came out ahead in kills by a wide margin every time.

Quick question, are the Heroic strikes worth doing for anything beyond the Legendary Marks? I'm using up my Three of Coins and I was doing Heroics thinking that they'd have better drop rates and give better gear, but I did a few regular strikes and it really doesn't seem to me like that's the case. And the regular strikes are doable in like half the time it takes to do a Heroic.

GutZ31

People in this thread were getting salty when bungie required more skill to get skill based trials rewards :p

Its all well and good to have skills based rewards, but 80 times out of 100, the MVP of the match gets next to nothing, and the last guy gets the rewards for the match.

Then, in Trials, you reward laggers for being able to take 5 headshots from a 1000 yard stare, then shoot players thru walls from across the map, in a room completely enclosed with no sightlines.

This is where salt comes from.

I've been doing match-made strikes a lot recently and I've always been surprised and disappointed at how I perform in them. At the stats screen I always end up being the player with the fewest kills, even with people lower in light level are on my team.

I bought the Supercell from Xur and that made a HUGE difference. Ran about five strikes and came out ahead in kills by a wide margin every time.

Quick question, are the Heroic strikes worth doing for anything beyond the Legendary Marks? I'm using up my Three of Coins and I was doing Heroics thinking that they'd have better drop rates and give better gear, but I did a few regular strikes and it really doesn't seem to me like that's the case. And the regular strikes are doable in like half the time it takes to do a Heroic.

No. The gear can drop on Level 36 strikes too, just a higher chance on Heroic Strikes.
It's sort of balls, I've gotten maybe 2-3 drops in the strike playlist from using a 3oC.

MrDaravon

Ha, so I'm doing the daily story mission; I kill all of the enemies, Petra is going into her spiel at the end. I drop down off like a two foot ledge and die because of the Architects. Somehow doesn't count as completing the mission even though she's like halfway through the speech. Complete horseshit, but okay. Clear the final room again, mission completes but I don't get Marks, and I know exactly how many I had going into this mission, and nope nothing. This is the third time in a row I've gotten on kind of reluctantly after not playing for a few days and I get hit with complete bullcrap within 20 minutes of play. You're making this real hard for me Bungie.

Kyoufu

Today is like the best day to get your 100 Rumble wins. Anyone good at PVP will be in Trials and all the daily mark hunters will be ripe for the picking.

Deku Tree

Ha, so I'm doing the daily story mission; I kill all of the enemies, Petra is going into her spiel at the end. I drop down off like a two foot ledge and die because of the Architects. Somehow doesn't count as completing the mission even though she's like halfway through the speech. Complete horseshit, but okay. Clear the final room again, mission completes but I don't get Marks, and I know exactly how many I had going into this mission, and nope nothing. This is the third time in a row I've gotten on kind of reluctantly after not playing for a few days and I get hit with complete bullcrap within 20 minutes of play. You're making this real hard for me Bungie.

Does the director show that you have completed the daily?

Top Bottom