• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT36| Fifty Shades of TTK

With all the exotics on the way announced the gravity of the laziness of this concept is being made clearer

Before TTK every expansion allowed you to bring your old exotics up to par as a given and then you'd have the new exotics added on top. Typically a small number of weapons and a couple pieces or armour per class. Now on the weapon front, there was a pretty big injection of guns, I won't discount that. HOWEVER, TTK only introduced 3 pieces of armour per class. Just 3. That's the same as what House of Wolves introduced. So 3 new per class and the entirety of Destiny Y1 up until that point. Now we're getting a couple pieces per class, thanks Santa.

Sorry but I'm not gonna get hyped to use my Armamentarium again after it was arbitrarily locked away for 3 months.

With all the exotics on the way announced the gravity of the laziness of this concept is being made clearer

Before TTK every expansion allowed you to bring your old exotics up to par as a given and then you'd have the new exotics added on top. Typically a small number of weapons and a couple pieces or armour per class. Now on the weapon front, there was a pretty big injection of guns, I won't discount that. HOWEVER, TTK only introduced 3 pieces of armour per class. Just 3. That's the same as what House of Wolves introduced. So 3 new per class and the entirety of Destiny Y1 up until that point.

Sorry but I'm not gonna get hyped to use my Armamentarium again after it was arbitrarily locked away for 3 months.

I hope they made some major changes to the weapons...but yeah it's hard to disagree. I mean, sure we can say 'well obviously they weren't finished yet!' But like...Twilight Garrison has been floating in the game for a while now, when someone 'accidentally' decrypted it, and it worked just fine. It's....just milking the content and gating it. If they had all of this upfront, people would've stopped playing, and they would actually have to work on substantial new content. It's lazy what they're doing tbh.

I hope they made some major changes to the weapons...but yeah it's hard to disagree. I mean, sure we can say 'well obviously they weren't finished yet!' But like...Twilight Garrison has been floating in the game for a while now, when someone 'accidentally' decrypted it, and it worked just fine. It's....just milking the content and gating it. If they had all of this upfront, people would've stopped playing, and they would actually have to work on substantial new content. It's lazy what they're doing tbh.

bingo.

Destiny needs new content really bad right now.

It'd be one thing if they dropped the full suite of new stuff with the new expansion. Have the whole game feeling brand new. Instead they created this old content + new content = new content dynamic which just seems kind of dirty.

As far as we know, there aren't any new weapons being hidden away so why they're employing a separate strategy to armour is beyond me. There's probably some cynical reasoning why it'd work better.

how do you know that this is in lieu of new content though?

The Party Crasher +1 is better than the CT-D in every way, so imagine that!

Yah I had a party crasher in year one with a perfect roll. Thing was a beast but I despise shotguns. :-/ I have also been at the end of many kills against the party crasher in year 2 also.

I enjoy using shotguns occasionally but they hould be like they are in Halo. Up close OHK and two from a certain distance. The OHK from the distance in Destiny is way too much lmao.

how do you know that this is in lieu of new content though?

Until they announce new content(And Challenge Mode barely scratches that terminology), this is what there is to assume. Maybe 3 months from Decembers patch there will be another drip of 'Old weapons for Y2', maybe some older raids 'remixed' for Y2 or the other missing strikes 'Remixed' for Y2...

We don't know if it's in lieu of new content. Time will tell if it was.

ERMint13

IB solo has to be one of the most brutal things in this game. Spawn into game after game that are lopsided and just keep repeating the same thing...

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I got the Trials ghost but it's terribad. It's just yellow and had worse stats. Instantly deleted. :(

E92 M3

Feels good to be back.

Some thoughts:

- Fuck yeah BONES!

- Not too happy with the random nerf to Hawkmoon (don't even use the gun). Bungie keeps rotating weapons around and it's getting a little old. Also, AR meta is the most boring one, in my opinion.

- Shotguns were castrated

- Separate PVE and PVP

Zocano

All of the above. Everytime you're in a GAF train you'll find that either the Matchmaking puts you against players that are normally above your skill level (so your K/D is lower than normal) or your timing is off just enough that you get assists to your teamates kills (or vice versa).

yup yup

Also lag is exacerbated because a gaf train team can be composed of people all over the world.

stay gold

Hit 5 and finally got some decent stuff.

310 ghost and 312 RL from the package, and some 306 gloves from the post match rewards, int/str like I needed too!

In 2 minds about whether I should grind for an Int/Str chest piece, could be painful, but it looks so nice...

Top Bottom