• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT36| Fifty Shades of TTK

Everyone refuses to play them because of ZLChris being from New Zealand.

FarNorthLegend is the down under lagger, not ZL. People only refused to play against ZL because he was too damn good.

FarNorthLagger or the Legend of Far North's lag etc. Having played him twice I can vouch that the reputation is well deserved. Can't expect much from a P2P system with someone so far away.

Deku Tree

Last tourney their invite was buried in Nghtly's PSN inbox, he didn't see it until way after sign ups closed. Hadn't heard about this one though.

The big PvP streamers have been totally absent lately. Haven't seen War, Poshy, Gabe, Nerd, Wish or anyone steaming sweats tbh

This tourney they were scrambling until the last minute waiting to hear back from people who registered.

Regarding Poshy: https://twitter.com/wtfisposhy/status/660322171609313280

Deku Tree

FarNorthLegend is the down under lagger, not ZL. People only refused to play against ZL because he was too damn good.

FarNorthLagger or the Legend of Far North's lag etc. Having played him twice I can vouch that the reputation is well deserved. Can't expect much from a P2P system with someone so far away.

Chris and two BSK players (one of them was Psychonot) beat TripleW and Lumi and someone else in a 7-0 trials match up on Friday. I think ZL and Triple both lead with 14 kills. ZL beat triple 1v1 a few times too. ZL als went unbroken in his first Trials 2.0 run. Didn't hear anyone on their stream complain about lag, and I thought I heard them say that ZL is also in Florida.

Running trials today?

We played ZL_Chris in Skirmish and dude was a laggy blinking shotgun POS. D:

Really? Could've been due to someone else as a laggy host, or just usual Destiny silliness. Also ZL is known for his pro snipes, never really heard of him blink shot gunning. Maybe he was switching it up for variety or w/e.

Chris and two BSK players (one of them was Psychonot) beat TripleW and Lumi and someone else in a 7-0 trials match up on Friday. I think ZL and Triple both lead with 14 kills. ZL beat triple 1v1 a few times too. ZL als went unbroken in his first Trials 2.0 run. Didn't hear anyone on their stream complain about lag, and I thought I heard them say that ZL is also in Florida.

Twilight had posted before that he thought Chris is the best PvP player in Destiny and I'd have to agree. Definitely on the very short list, especially for PS4.

Wish You Luck can be pretty unlikeable but his skills are absurd. A few days ago I saw him get loaded into Rumble matches down 1500+ points and still win. He'd go like 22-1, happened two games in a row. Of course he never played sweats and pub stomping Rumble scrubs is not the same skill. He would do double Trials carries though which is always super impressive.

E92 M3

Have all of my characters at 313 with their own gear - unoptimized max. Pretty happy for now. If Bungie increases the light level again, I'll be pretty pissed lol

ocean

Banned
wish actually quit Destiny and is streaming Halo 5 full time. He's doing pretty well apparently. Despite the attitude issues and all that the dude is unquestionably an amazing player.

And yeah Chris' Trials stats are just ridiculous. 100% win ratio on his Warlock with a 5+ K/D. You might say oh that doesn't count sinceit's just 50 games.

No prob. On his Hunter? 99% wins with 7 K/D over 700+ games. I'm not qualified to really say whether he's the best player on PS4 but I think he probably is.

wish actually quit Destiny and is streaming Halo 5 full time. He's doing pretty well apparently. Despite the attitude issues and all that the dude is unquestionably an amazing player.

And yeah Chris' Trials stats are just ridiculous. 100% win ratio on his Warlock with a 5+ K/D. You might say oh that doesn't count sinceit's just 50 games.

No prob. On his Hunter? 99% wins with 7 K/D over 700+ games. I'm not qualified to really say whether he's the best player on PS4 but I think he probably is.

Wow holy shit. Does he stream?

Definity

Picked up the binary dawn shotgun from a trials bounty with range finder. This thing has more range than the conspiracy theory.

Very rarely. Dude was also in the World 6th or 7th King's Fall (normal) clear team. True beast :p

Damn, wish he did. Must be insane looking through his pov. Even the pro guys like krafty or triplewreck dont have stats anywhere near that i think. Must be mlg play after mlg play.

Whats his twitch?

Have all of my characters at 313 with their own gear - unoptimized max. Pretty happy for now. If Bungie increases the light level again, I'll be pretty pissed lol

I could see 330 coming from CM Kings Fall and 350 coming some time after that. Curious to how this is going to work going forward for them. I really don't want to be sitting around with little to no content with a everyone at 320 for ages

ocean

Banned
Damn, wish he did. Must be insane looking through his pov. Even the pro guys like krafty or triplewreck dont have stats anywhere near that i think. Must be mlg play after mlg play.

Whats his twitch?
Zl_chris or ZL_chriss I'm not sure. Best part is he's a super nice and laid back player. Some of the pros are constantly salty or too cocky.

My favorite video was his 76 kill Control match in an attempt to highlight how broken Blink + Shotty + Thorn was a few months back:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=y2MjAvVC6VU

OP weapons, a ridiculously skilled player and terrible opponents + terrible teammates = this total madness lol

Namikaze1

I just want to say thanks to Afro and Falifax. I needed to do something to keep my mind off of what happened. You guys helped out for a bit. Didn't expect to go to Mercury but yet we made it there. Been keeping myself busy all day long playing games and walking the dog having the dog walk me.

Ghazi

Sniper rifles are fine

AntiqueDaringIrishwolfhound.gif

Afrocious

After Trials is over, I wonder what's next.

That's the thing with Destiny. Nothing ever stays big long enough since everything made for the game is so small.

I just want to say thanks to Afro and Falifax. I needed to do something to keep my mind off of what happened. You guys helped out for a bit. Didn't expect to go to Mercury but yet we made it there. Been keeping myself busy all day long playing games and walking the dog having the dog walk me.

No prob man. Anytime. If you need someone to talk with, myself and I'm sure other DGAFfers would be willing to hop online and listen.

Sniper rifles are fine

AntiqueDaringIrishwolfhound.gif

This the 1000-yard stare? What scope is that? Is this the vendor version or the version you get from the TTK quest? Never seen a scope like the one you have before.

Zl_chris or ZL_chriss I'm not sure. Best part is he's a super nice and laid back player. Some of the pros are constantly salty or too cocky.

My favorite video was his 76 kill Control match in an attempt to highlight how broken Blink + Shotty + Thorn was a few months back:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=y2MjAvVC6VU

OP weapons, a ridiculously skilled player and terrible opponents + terrible teammates = this total madness lol

I was just going to post this clip (I would have beat you but I watched it first ☺). It's craziness from the Golden Age of the Bladedancer.

Gave it one more shot and got 9 straight, didn't even use a boon.

But I'm done with Trials this weekend and I'm done bitching.

EDIT: Freaking garbage auto rifle. Whatever, at least we made it.

Falifax

Likewise. I have midterms tomorrow and you guys helped me cool off for a bit. Might do one more run on my Hunter tomorrow, still have to finish the Gold tier bounty on her.

Top Bottom