• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT36| Fifty Shades of TTK

mcz117chief

Guys, if I don't have The Taken King nor level 40 what do I get for doing Crucible? Back in the days I was getting crucible marks but now it seems I am getting nothing. Is there any incentive for me to play Crucible before reaching level 40?

SonComet

Anyone need to do VoG for NTTE or just wants to do it for fun? I finally got my HM Oryx kill yesterday. Now I need this weapon.

MrDaravon

Does the director show that you have completed the daily?

Good call, but yes it does. Like, I don't even care about the Marks really (I don't need any vendor stuff, I'm just pulling the last couple of Y1 items out that I don't have the Y2 versions of at this point) but just like what the fuck. Then when I got on Friday I got hit with the horseshit Heroic Strike matchmaking where it put me in a Strike with one AFKer dancing, never put in a third and after the AFKer quit/got booted never replaced them either.

Combined with knowing I will never get max grimoire (I can't bring myself to grind out the wins in some of the PvP stuff) it's pretty much completely drained my will to play the game. I'm OCD when it comes to game completion so knowing there is stuff I will never have makes me not want to bother at all (I basically go all or nothing), so I've just been sitting on the 3 exotic sword strikes, the NttE quest, etc. Even though I wouldn't have touched Trials anyway it's a bummer to see all of the reports of that being kind of a mess this weekend. Motivation to play is low :p.

As a slight aside it's extremely interesting to see how incredibly proactive and engaged 343 is with their community, even on the Halo 5 reddit. Say what you will about 343/Halo 5, I feel like they're doing a significantly better job of at least pretending to care or give a shit then Bungie is right now.

Haha also waiting on it.

Yeah, I actually went and dug it up this morning, last time she sold it was 9/1.

Nuova

Banned
Any ToO groups forming? I'd tried using reddit and lfg, but the people there were pretty terrible, and one guy disconnected from every match leaving us 2v3 every match.

PSN: Nuova

Ken

Guys, if I don't have The Taken King nor level 40 what do I get for doing Crucible? Back in the days I was getting crucible marks but now it seems I am getting nothing. Is there any incentive for me to play Crucible before reaching level 40?

I'm not playing Y2 but from what I understand, they consolidated Vanguard and Crucible marks into a single Legendary Marks currency. I would assume those are awarded at level 40 only now, much like how you only earned the old marks at "launch level cap."

No idea if you should still be getting drops though. The cynical part of me says that since all current gear drops have the TTK symbol, and since you don't own TTK, you can't get anything in the same way people without HoW couldn't buy HoW gear from Xur. Someone actually playing would know.

SeanR1221

So Im going to vegas with my wife from friday-friday. Originally i was planning on putting some time into Destiny through remote play while my wife is at her conference and then just going out with her at night. But after how the end game has played out, i think Assassins creed will be in my system while Im away. Kind of bummed I can't manage a way to put black ops and fallout in!

Kyoufu

So Im going to vegas with my wife from friday-friday. Originally i was planning on putting some time into Destiny through remote play while my wife is at her conference and then just going out with her at night. But after how the end game has played out, i think Assassins creed will be in my system while Im away. Kind of bummed I can't manage a way to put black ops and fallout in!

Digital solves all your problems.

Ugh dropped into two skirmish games halfway through back to back where my team is getting absolutely stomped and having my teamates leave after a minute. This kind of stuff does not make for a fun multi-player experience.

taoofjord

Looking for one more for Trials. First time doing Trials for both of us so keep your expectations in check :) We'll only be playing about an hour. PSN: kiniro

Doomguy84

Anyone up for some Trails? Ive never done it but I frequent pvp more than pve if that means anything...also up for NM Raid/NF too. PSN: Doomguy1984

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
How much of a struggle would hard mode be for 300-305 players? Don't expect to beat Oryx but realistically how far could we go?

This video has some of the best callouts I've heard. Mixed with good Last Word play.

Call outs are excellent. Really like the spark, lobby, and window call outs. I'll have to incorporate those.

But all I see in the gameplay is fantastic Night Stalker neutral play and garbage TLW accuracy. He can't hit the broad side of a barn with that thing. Look at that 1v1 in the hallway before he gets the res and then the final kill. His shots are flopping and bopping every which way, it's sad.

Krafty is attempting to carry despite using TLW, not because of it. His sniper is doing all the heavy lifting and he would lose fewer games by playing to the meta with a pulse primary. If you actually watch his stream the TLW 1v1s are a dice roll at best.

Speaking of lag, it's a tragedy Trials can have some atrocious lag.

I had some woeful matches just now, if I didn't know better I would have called shenanigans on half of them. Unfortunately its just shit connections where the other team are that .5 of a second ahead so you're fucked

zewone

So that video inspired me to dust off TLW.

Maaaaannnn..

I am fucking shit up and having a lot of fun.

Missed this gun.

Today is like the best day to get your 100 Rumble wins. Anyone good at PVP will be in Trials and all the daily mark hunters will be ripe for the picking.

Curse you for tempting me to actually play Rumble even though it breaks my Destiny Golden Rule: "only do what's fun."

Kyoufu

Curse you for tempting me to actually play Rumble even though it breaks my Destiny Golden Rule: "only do what's fun."

I was like "ugh, Rumble... sigh, I guess I'll do it for the marks anyway"

then I rolled in and cruised to victory without even trying. lol

I'm not going to bother with it though. It's not fun and grimoire score means nothing in Y2. The only PVP I'm going to willingly do is Trials.

ocean

Banned
https://twitter.com/armdaygaming/status/660897012901019648

Skirmish tourney on PS4 starting today. Are any of these teams the 13 Devils? 3v3 is their favorite PvP mode... Why wouldn't they play?
Last tourney their invite was buried in Nghtly's PSN inbox, he didn't see it until way after sign ups closed. Hadn't heard about this one though.

The big PvP streamers have been totally absent lately. Haven't seen War, Poshy, Gabe, Nerd, Wish or anyone steaming sweats tbh

Top Bottom