• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT36| Fifty Shades of TTK

CoO is so dead. Trying to get my 300 artifact on Xbox and I had 4 reciprocal and 2 unchanged antiquated. Did all 4 reciprocal and no stolen were earned so I'm stuck with nothing!

Dagnabit.

Dante316

The matchmaking is highly irregular. Friday night we faced 3-4 9-0 teams on our way to flawless. Sunday morning was a laugher we went 10-0 with no mercy needed. Sunday afternoon every single team we faced had adept weapons and emblems on atleast 2 of the 3 players. We lost one match and made it to 9-0 barely. Every match was a 5-2 or 5-3 affair. Very close. Our match we lost was 4-5.

Maybe it's taking into account our prior 9-0 trips? Idk.

Yea I think if the matchmaking is how they are promoting is fixed, mayb all sides will be happy. Something definitely is irregular.

gatti-man

Yea I think if the matchmaking is how they are promoting is fixed, mayb all sides will be happy. Something definitely is irregular.

I'll tell you I'm not really happy about it. I can't run trials with my friends anymore. Just the sweaty internet friends I have. It's the only way to win consistently for me.

What does everyone think the minimum amount of content going forward should be for the major releases of Destiny? I feel like they should be as follows:

3 new raids
1 new subclass
20 new strikes
5 mini games like CoO
4 new weapon archetypes
10 new PvP maps
4 new PvP modes like IB and ToO
5 entirely new locations/planets
1 new enemy species

If the main Bungie team can't get this done then they should farm out content to third party developers. I feel like the original vanilla should have had Vanilla Destiny, TDB, HoW, and TTK in it instead of being sold piecemeal. If anything, it should have had TDB and HoW in it. TTK seemed to already have been intended as the final part of Vanilla until they scrapped everything..
You mean Destiny 2 when you say major release right? If so I'd still say that amount is probably a pipe dream, but here's what I'm anticipating (minimum) from Destiny 2 content wise:

1 new class
1 new sub class
2 new enemy types
2 new weapon types w/ removal of side arms and buff of hand cannons
8 strikes
1 raid
3 new planets/locations
1 mini game like CoO/Prison of Elders
some pvp crap i dont care about
More exotic quests lines with less time gates
All new and hopefully more exciting perks, with exotics feeling more exotic

Anything less than that and I'm sure I'll be bitching and complaining about a lack of content while still playing for a couple hundred hours.

Kal_El

I have the warpriest hard mode check point if anyone wants to run from there. I need to daughters but if everyone wants to run orxy we can do that too. PSN Clark_Kent

also down for trials if I can't get six for raid. LL 314

I just ran 3 nightfalls and got a 308 legendary ghost, and 17 strange coins 2x. I think these rewards are better now. Before they sucked!

I asked many about their experience for the trials and it's definitely split. People who didn't play last year and those who aren't pvp specialit's like it due to bounties and getting to 5 to 7 wins isn't impossible.

Bounties are a great improvement. I also really like the new Iron Banner bounties and even most of the new Vanguard/Crucible ones. General bounties you get from playing normally are greatly preferred over specific ones that make you do particular things just for the bounty.

The new MM is the problem with Trials. It needs to be purely connection based for this game mode, end of story. They don't have the luxury of skill based MM with P2P networking in a notoriously laggy game. The mode itself self-selects more competitive players by requiring pre-made fireteams, plus the sweaty reputation keeps many players away.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
I think I've just found a bug in the game. Need to test some things but if it does happen again then oh my.

inthrall

Bounties are a great improvement. I also really like the new Iron Banner bounties and even most of the new Vanguard/Crucible ones. General bounties you get from playing normally are greatly preferred over specific ones that make you do particular things just for the bounty.

The new MM is the problem with Trials. It needs to be purely connection based for this game mode, end of story. They don't have the luxury of skill based MM with P2P networking in a notoriously laggy game. The mode itself self-selects more competitive players by requiring pre-made fireteams, plus the sweaty reputation keeps many players away.

I sympathize with this, but making MMing connection only forces people in geographical extremes (such as me) to really long queue times. Also screws over people who play the game at times that aren't regular to their timezone, as the pool of available players shrinks exponentially outside peak hours

I'm sure there could be a happy compromise though, I personally would love a selector that let you choose one or two for queues out of "prioritize Connection/Queue Time/ELO"

https://guardian.gg/en/profile/2/therealinthrall

Interesting stats on this site, shows that Rift is definitely my jam. Iron banner is an interesting one though, not sure how I got mine so high (gaf trains maybe?)

I don't really understand that site. I was ranked #118 in Iron Banner and like 612 in Rift but 14,000 something in Trials even though my Trials stats are way better. Rankings make no sense, besides I mainly just look at K/D and win% for different modes (revives/times revived in Trials also).

I know the raid pulse doesn't have max stability but man, I really like it in PVP. Am I crazy?

Raid pulse is legit. I've got 310 ones with Glass Half Full and Life Support. Vendor Nirwen's or a well rolled Hawksaw are probably better but it's still good.

we need 1 more

I'll be around and can help with a run if needed. Of course priority goes to those who still need loot, as always.

I don't really understand that site. I was ranked #118 in Iron Banner and like 612 in Rift but 14,000 something in Trials even though my Trials stats are way better. Rankings make no sense, besides I mainly just look at K/D and win% for different modes (revives/times revived in Trials also).

Yeah that site tracks in a weird way. My highest ranking was rift and I don't play it anymore unless it's the daily. My second highest was elimination which I've probably played 10 matches of outside of Trials since TTK which is where the stats start being tracked. I prefer Destinytracker and even that isn't great.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
So I'm using Tower Ghost for Destiny on Firefox and this happened.

I had a 300 raid machine gun which I infused into my Arc sword. I did this infuse on my Warlock. I then selected on my Titan to set highest light. Once complete the machine gun icon had moved to my Titan. But how is that possible when I just infused?

So I then moved the 300 machine gun back to Warlock and it brought the weapon back. So I still have the 300 heavy but also a 300 sword which I infused with that heavy. I'm trying it again and some other things to replicate.

No, the Sunbreaker is supposed to get all his health back after every kill. That's how it works.

Lol.

inthrall

Its an ELO ranking system, like what they use in WoW/Dota 2 matchmaking. In a nutshell, you get more points when you beat good players, and less points when you beat bad players. There is a decent chance Bungie has one of these behind the scenes, Halo 5 implements one when you hit the Semi-Pro or Pro rankings

Criticisms make sense though, there is more transparency in the DestinyTracker rankings. I'm not a huge fan of how much KDR is valued on there though, KDR means nothing in Rift for example

Jetman

Is LL 282 a bit too low for Trials? I did Iron Banner at a pretty low 250-ish and did pretty good.

If anyone has a third spot, and don't think I'm too low I'll roll.

PS4 - JetmanJay

Ramirez

What does everyone think the minimum amount of content going forward should be for the major releases of Destiny? I feel like they should be as follows:

3 new raids
1 new subclass
20 new strikes
5 mini games like CoO
4 new weapon archetypes
10 new PvP maps
1 new enemy species

If the main Bungie team can't get this done then they should farm out content to third party developers. I feel like the original vanilla should have had Vanilla Destiny, TDB, HoW, and TTK in it instead of being sold piecemeal. If anything, it should have had TDB and HoW in it. TTK seemed to already have been intended as the final part of Vanilla until they scrapped everything..

Holy shit, dream on, bud.

Mindlog

To make tournaments easier and deal with the stupid matchmaking situation they should have a rule that an apple equals an automatic win.

Ozone

Need a group for Trials. I have a card with 1 win already on it. Didn't fill in anything on it since I need to save up a few coins.

3 new raids
1 new subclass
20 new strikes
5 mini games like CoO
4 new weapon archetypes
10 new PvP maps
1 new enemy species

You're thinking way too big.

What I think is a realistic expectation from Year 3 Destiny.

3 new Destinations (EDZ, Europa, Merucy)
1 new social hub
1 new Class (with 3 subclasses)
1 new enemy unit per enemy race
6/7 new PvP maps
4/5 new strikes
1 new Raid
2 new PvP gametypes.

If it's a $40 expansion, probably just 1 new destination.

Dante316

Is LL 282 a bit too low for Trials? I did Iron Banner at a pretty low 250-ish and did pretty good.

If anyone has a third spot, and don't think I'm too low I'll roll.

PS4 - JetmanJay

Definitely low. 290 is the recommended and u will get absolutely destroyed.

Jabronium

Traveling for work tomorrow makes me sure that Lost to Light will be the daily again and I'll still be without a Spindle. That is all.

Lunar FC

I haven't played Destiny in over a month. :'(

After completing all the main content with each character, I just have to urge to return..

Top Bottom