• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT36| Fifty Shades of TTK

I sympathize with this, but making MMing connection only forces people in geographical extremes (such as me) to really long queue times. Also screws over people who play the game at times that aren't regular to their timezone, as the pool of available players shrinks exponentially outside peak hours

I'm sure there could be a happy compromise though, I personally would love a selector that let you choose one or two for queues out of "prioritize Connection/Queue Time/ELO"

So playing HoW Trials gave you way higher wait times than Year 2? That's the only mode that's ever been connection based. Personally I can't comment on wait times. Sometimes the queue takes forever one match then speedy the very next game. Hard to identify factors like geography and peak hours since I play with people around the world and at all different times.

They'd never let you influence Trials with a MM selector. Everyone will always be forced under the same rules. Bottom line is Trials needs connection MM, the new system isn't going to give you faster matches. The skill based MM is further diluting the player pool on top of the connection basis, especially later in your ticket.

Yeah that site tracks in a weird way. My highest ranking was rift and I don't play it anymore unless it's the daily. My second highest was elimination which I've probably played 10 matches of outside of Trials since TTK which is where the stats start being tracked. I prefer Destinytracker and even that isn't great.

Yeah I just don't care for obtuse formulas that output results which don't pass the eyeball test. No way in hell I'm more than an order of magnitude better at Rift than Trials.

Bungie's Comabt Rating is also super silly. No idea how it calculates the numbers and don't care. I remember looking up DJ Booya's stats after our Mercury run and he had a higher rating than me. Can't get any more meaningless than that.

Got a 308 Tamarind from Trials. We had the most laggy matches ever in a few games. Seems like one of our team and someone else from the other team was kicked and then came back a couple rounds later...it was very strange.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Anyone looking for a 3rd for a Trials team? I haven't even attempted it yet this weekend, so would like to at least get the bounties done.

gatti-man

So playing HoW Trials gave you way higher wait times than Year 2? That's the only mode that's ever been connection based. Personally I can't comment on wait times. Sometimes the queue takes forever one match then speedy the very next game. Hard to identify factors like geography and peak hours since I play with people around the world and at all different times.

They'd never let you influence Trials with a MM selector. Everyone will always be forced under the same rules. Bottom line is Trials needs connection MM, the new system isn't going to give you faster matches. The skill based MM is further diluting the player pool on top of the connection basis, especially later in your ticket.

Yeah I just don't care for obtuse formulas that output results which don't pass the eyeball test. No way in hell I'm more than an order of magnitude better at Rift than Trials.

Bungie's Comabt Rating is also super silly. No idea how it calculates the numbers and don't care. I remember looking up DJ Booya's stats after our Mercury run and he had a higher rating than me. Can't get any more meaningless than that.
It definitely shrink the pool. We played the same groups twice. As in two separate teams twice. The second time around both teams seemed particularly salty.

inthrall

I never queued as party lead for Trials, but I do remember having longer queues than Y2, so all I have there is circumstantial evidence.

Eyeballing your games makes less sense as it only tracks Y2 Trials, DestinyTracker does both Y1 and Y2

Was there an xbox update today?

I was just going to join a gorup for hard mode warpriest, after looking for 40 minutes someone finally invites me, and then i get kicked out to update my xbox for a little over a Gig patch. On a Sunday?

Nothing wants me to have fun in this game.

Quest for 300 artifact on Xbox concluded in a very good way.

Only took 5 trips to the 'Naught to find 2 different groups to finish stolen and antiquated runes. Final Antiquated boss gave me an exotic helm.

Light 299 with 300 Artifact bumped me to 301. Exotic helm turned into a 310 Helm of Inmost light which bumped be to 302.

Hard Raid Ready! Now once my xbox gets done updating, I want to do Warpriest so I can join VAETRO to do Golgy tomorrow

I hope we see Fallen as a playable class in D2. Probably a dream, but I'd love that.

I could totally see that. The fallen are basically the same as us only less lucky. The need leadership after the decimation of the different houses and we've shown our strength and leadership capabilities by defeating our mutual enemy, the hive/taken.

blackflag

KF NM, preferably from totems for me, as i'm just chasing loot to get to HM
10pm EDT, if that works?

looks like the original FT isn't down, so away we go at 10pm, if you're all still interested?

1. rasengan1337
2. Ichabod00
3. Fahlco
4. Ubergrmn
5. Pandora012
6. stuckd

alt: raadius

Drizzay can join us too, if we're in need

I'll join if not everyone shows as a second alt. done many times.

Casmith7509

Takuan

10pm EDT, if that works?

looks like the original FT isn't down, so away we go at 10pm, if you're all still interested?

1. rasengan1337
2. Ichabod00
3. Fahlco
4. Ubergrmn
5. Pandora012
6. stuckd

I'm also interested if anyone on the confirmed list can't make it. PSN is Steakjuice (if you're rasengan, you have me on your FL).

Sulik2

Oh man, I just ran Kings Fall for the first time tonight. Pugged it only took about 2 hours. I wish I could run with them again. But holy smokes what a raid. Avoids the issue of just fighting infinite yellow adds making it difficult instead of having to execute on mechanics that both VoG and CE ran into. This raid blew me away. Started grinding my titan to raid readiness, I really want to run this more often now.

I never queued as party lead for Trials, but I do remember having longer queues than Y2, so all I have there is circumstantial evidence.

Eyeballing your games makes less sense as it only tracks Y2 Trials, DestinyTracker does both Y1 and Y2

Ah, that makes sense. Y2 stats definitely not as good or extensive as Y1 stats for Trials, nor will they ever be.

Nice, looks like you have plenty of people. I'm not online now but send me a party invite if you need me, I'll see it on my phone.

Deku Tree

Just watched Tfue and Redeem get the WR for HM KF on their second attempt.
35 min. Previous record was 38.5 min.

One cycled WP.
They just about Two cycled Golgi using the one gaze strat with a man down.

They jumped straight across the piston wall from the start point using swords.
And they did oryx using the OG strat.

The whole time Tfue kept saying "yo this run is trash".

10pm EST, if that works?

1. rasengan1337
2. Ichabod00
3. Fahlco
4. Ubergrmn
5. Pandora012
6. stuckd

alt: Casmith7509
alt: steakjuice

*snip*
Nice, looks like you have plenty of people. I'm not online now but send me a party invite if you need me, I'll see it on my phone.

thanks, Drizzay!

So I went from an Xbox Patch that failed in the backgorund so had to restart and get it updated.
To having my controller needing an update.
To having Destiny update.

Finally logging back in now.

If Luke is around anywhere, I'm curious what you guys will be using as metrics to determine if the changes for Trials will be considered an improvement or not.

Like, obviously there is going to be complaints in any competitive PvP setting, so it's hard for us to see exactly what is happening.

I'm assuming you guys are looking at trials bounties completed and stuff like that.

Basically, I just hope Deej actually talks about it in the next BWU.

Other than that, the more I read about it, the more I think it feels like the "middle class" of PvP players has been dissolved. The best of the middle class has made it into the elite, but most of the middle class has been reduced to lower class players that.

I always thought I was on the better end of the gaming spectrum. Hell, DestinyTracker would have me believe I have great stats:
jDyZweM.png

Yet somehow, I haven't been able to get 7 wins on a single card. And it's not like I'm playing with different people. I'm playing with the exact same set of people I've always played trials with.

So I'm left scratching my head here.

I watched his stream one time for like 30 minutes and couldn't take it anymore. He's a fuckin asshole.

But yea just from watching him briefly it's obvious he is a monster at fps games.

It's best to watch them on mute. The dude isn't funny, he rips on chat for the dumbest stuff, and whines about how nobody supports his stream. Literally the only thing he has to offer is dominant gameplay.

Just watched Tfue and Redeem get the WR for HM KF on their second attempt.
35 min. Previous record was 38.5 min.

One cycled WP.
They just about Two cycled Golgi using the one gaze strat with a man down.

They jumped straight across the piston wall from the start point using swords.
And they did oryx using the OG strat.

The whole time Tfue kept saying "yo this run is trash".

It's gonna be exactly the same as NM once people get slightly higher Light, around 31:45. Lots of time to shave off still, just a question of leveling. Oryx is such a time sink with nowhere to optimize.

Avoids the issue of just fighting infinite yellow adds making it difficult instead of having to execute on mechanics that both VoG and CE ran into.

This was very much a thing in CE but really not a thing in VoG. Not sure what part of Vault you'd be referencing. Iirc Confluxes have major fanatics but they blow up real easy, barely count as majors. Major Axis Harpies during "summons legions" phase but could always hide from them. Maybe I've forgotten but don't remember any majors during Oracles or Templar. GateKeepers has a lot but they all despawn after sniping the GK, then a few major Praetorians outside while grabbing each relic. More majors inside but usually just run past them. Atheon only has one major Minotaur in future portal.

HM CE was real bad though. Legit Abyss, Bridge, Deathsingers and Crota were littered with Majors. DSinger is like a bad joke gone too far.

Top Bottom