• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT36| Fifty Shades of TTK

Dante316

Can someone explain how the Titan shoulder charge works? I've never used it, but from what I understand it's just a one hit kill melee ability? Why is that a thing? I don't think any other class has a one hit kill, especially one that can happen in the blink of an eye and cover 5ft instantly...

You have to run and then ur screen has streaks of blue and u hit R1 and if u hit someone they die but it's very risky move if u get spotted.

Can someone explain how the Titan shoulder charge works? I've never used it, but from what I understand it's just a one hit kill melee ability? Why is that a thing? I don't think any other class has a one hit kill, especially one that can happen in the blink of an eye and cover 5ft instantly...
You have to build up speed for the shoulder charge to activate. Most often you can see it coming a mile away.

On mobile ATM so hard to reply, but it's clear that Trials needs some adjustments. The new Pulse Rifle meta is painfully boring. I can honestly see myself just doing reset stuff and Xurday going forward. Bungie is really pushing ToO to be not for everyone and I think it's a bad move. Once you segment players like it starts to become us v them in the community. The PvP aspect of this game is so weird. Lars said don't take it seriously...but then let's make the most competitive PvP mode in Destiny even harder with P2P connections...there's loot at the end but only if you're good...and you'll want it...but don't take it seriously. Wat?

I'm sure we will get some significant changes...soon...ish...right?

It requires a run up and can easily be countered with a shotgun. It can be crazy good in the right hands, but it's not OP like it sounds.

Blink Strike can also be a one hit kill, and frequently glitches so you get a kill even when you hit someone in the front of the head.

gatti-man

Was it easy for you today? Hrm..

Sunday morning I railed off ten wins without a loss. Wasn't easy but it wasn't nearly as hard as Friday. Sunday night was hardest but I did 9-0 with my best class Friday and my worst class Sunday night.

It's not like it's just me lol. I'm playing with really good players and in this map especially it's tough to play with even one bad link.

Mindlog

Just upped my hunter from 240 light to 289 using infusing fodder but the artifact is 200 light. How do I get a high light of that? Or I have to do the court of oryx quest?
After you get the fragments for Eris she will give you the Court of Oryx quest. That quest ends with a 300 artifact.

Namikaze1

Was it easy for you today? Hrm..
It was for me. Played 10 matches in total (for the gold tier bounty) and my team (consisting of Afro and Falifax) never lost our mercy boon. I certainly wasn't playing at my best due to personal stuff but we still managed to head to Mercury.

Sunday morning I railed off ten wins without a loss. Wasn't easy but it wasn't nearly as hard as Friday. Sunday night was hardest but I did 9-0 with my best class Friday and my worst class Sunday night.

It's not like it's just me lol. I'm playing with really good players and in this map especially it's tough to play with even one bad link.

Where do you live, if you dont mind? Its hard to gauge your time since it just got night where I live o.o
It was for me. Played 10 matches in total (for the gold tier bounty) and my team (consisting of Afro and Falifax) never lost our mercy boon. I certainly wasn't playing at my best due to personal stuff but we still managed to head to Mercury.

Ooh soit sounds like today is the best time to do it.

spyder_ur

Went 14-1 in one match - probably my greatest Trials match. Next match: 1-6.

#consistency

Tlaloc is pretty damn nice though- finally got mine fully leveled. It's good even without a charged super but it turns into a supergun when you're fully charged. I feel like Eye of the Storm can help you in one on one battles, serves as a quasi-unflinching. What 2nd/4th column perks are people using on Tlaloc? I'm running smooth ballistics and injection mold.

Zocano

As someone who mastered thorn, I can tell you they werent. Hawkmoon is much better in an aggressive style, more free form, with a persons approach taking into account the lucky bullets. Thorn is better defensive, better suiting a turtlish style with the ability to advance when the dots in effect. They can both hit hard from far away, but at the finer levels of play they were radically different.

"Mastered", huh.

I would disagree that those nuances are as intense as you say they are. You can easily play Hawkmoon as a hand sniper which you describe Thorn as. Aside from TLW, the hand cannons play almost identically between each other, and each of the other 3 weapon classes have the same situation, too.

It requires a run up and can easily be countered with a shotgun. It can be crazy good in the right hands, but it's not OP like it sounds.

Blink Strike can also be a one hit kill, and frequently glitches so you get a kill even when you hit someone in the front of the head.

I dont think i have ever seen a blink strike not proc against a bladedancer. It always glitches out and kills him.

Afrocious

All this time I figured I had to snipe.

All this time, Destiny was trying to tell me to let the sniper rifle go.

All this time, Destiny wanted me to become a conspiracy theorist.

gatti-man

Where do you live, if you dont mind? Its hard to gauge your time since it just got night where I live o.o

Ooh soit sounds like today is the best time to do it.

Sorry it got dark at like 5pm here lol. 5pm cst, 11am cst is when I had the run in the morning. Friday night was around 11pm cst I want to say? Can't remember. I was still struggling with the map then and trying to figure out how I wanted to play it.

Namikaze1

All this time I figured I had to snipe.

All this time, Destiny was trying to tell me to let the sniper rifle go.

All this time, Destiny wanted me to become a conspiracy theorist.
I love that shotgun. Well, not as much as my god rolled Matadors and Party Crasher.

I just can't seem to get into snipers for PvP. I'll stick to shotguns for the foreseeable future.

CSxwOUZU8AAjh0v.jpg

Of course.

"Mastered", huh.

I would disagree that those nuances are as intense as you say they are. You can easily play Hawkmoon as a hand sniper which you describe Thorn as. Aside from TLW, the hand cannons play almost identically between each other, and each of the other 3 weapon classes have the same situation, too.

Spoken like someone who doesn't understand the nuances between the guns @_@ Hawkmoon can be played like a sniper yes, but it's a better medium-long range HC because every shot counts compared to say, the thorn which is practically a sniper rifle if played in that style.

Like, I preferred Thorn and TLW. Thorn because it allowed me to play safe, TLW because it's much more aggressive. I highly disliked Hawkmoon because it was inbetween Thorn and TLW. Thorn for example, if you land a shot on someone most of the time they're going for cover letting you push up and get in their face. Hawkmoon is more 'Fire and hope you kill them', giving you less opportunity to push up if you didn't get LITC. Thorn is literally fire and forget, if you landed 2 shots the poison will knock em out meaning you can close the gap while they're ticking and by the time they're dead, you're on their body, making their revives take longer than if you sniped someone with a HM and you had to rush up.

dunt maek me fite u 1v1

Sorry it got dark at like 5pm here lol. 5pm cst, 11am cst is when I had the run in the morning. Friday night was around 11pm cst I want to say? Can't remember. I was still struggling with the map then and trying to figure out how I wanted to play it.

Oh kk, so yeah there's a few hour difference between us. Hrmm. I believe in there being times where it's alot easier to do trials, but my work schedule is counter-intuitive to that.

Once you get to 5 or 6 trials wins the difficulty ramps up to an unbearable degree. The way this is set up is kind of a dick move. They tease the average to decent players with some "easy" wins and then they put you against a team with all flawless emblems.
It's like Bungie somehow expects for people to magically become twice as good at pvp after the 5th win. It's nonsensical.

Nightstalker Hunter is my favorite class to play with in PVP there was so many clutch moments in my, Kadey and Gazz's run that it was just insane and shock that I was alive.

GGs to all of you and DOCTRINE OF PASSING HYPE!

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
All classes are fun to me, just in different ways. Hunter as more of a stealthy type. Titans for all out asswhupping. If Titan didn't have skating, it would be really weak.

Zocano

Spoken like someone who doesn't understand the nuances between the guns @_@ Hawkmoon can be played like a sniper yes, but it's a better medium-long range HC because every shot counts compared to say, the thorn which is practically a sniper rifle if played in that style.

Like, I preferred Thorn and TLW. Thorn because it allowed me to play safe, TLW because it's much more aggressive. I highly disliked Hawkmoon because it was inbetween Thorn and TLW. Thorn for example, if you land a shot on someone most of the time they're going for cover letting you push up and get in their face. Hawkmoon is more 'Fire and hope you kill them', giving you less opportunity to push up if you didn't get LITC. Thorn is literally fire and forget, if you landed 2 shots the poison will knock em out meaning you can close the gap while they're ticking and by the time they're dead, you're on their body, making their revives take longer than if you sniped someone with a HM and you had to rush up.

dunt maek me fite u 1v1

Ouch. I played them all long enough to understand that only TLW is really any different. Thorn I can understand your point, but Hawkmoon is definitely just your standard hand cannon with a potential OHK, much like most exotics (pick weapon class + add goofy ability that sometimes matters).

And if there were actual customs, I'd have the easiest game of my life.

Afrocious

Hunters have the agility I had been missing in Destiny for a year. Dunno why I never moved onto other alts - maybe because I'm quite stubborn sometimes and will refuse to change so I don't look like I flip-flop.

But seriously, even after learning how to skate as a Titan, Hunters seriously take the cake for the best feeling class for me. I feel I can turn on a dime when I play as one.

I've always been the kind of player to rush folks. I've never been a sniping person in shooters. I was the sword and shotgun guy in Halo 2. Even outside of shooters, I've always been more for faster characters. Dex builds in Dark Souls for life. Dual wielding or bust. Rolls for days.

Playing hunter in trials briefly today with Nami and Falifax? Oh man. Maybe the folks we got MM'd with were easy, but I felt I could rock them 1 vs 2. Keen Scout? Voidwall Grenades? Shadestep? Oh man I was on their asses.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
We ran into a couple of teams using The Last Word. But they couldn't get close enough to do any major damage. It would've been more competitive if they used anything else.

Ouch. I played them all long enough to understand that only TLW is really any different. Thorn I can understand your point, but Hawkmoon is definitely just your standard hand cannon with a potential OHK, much like most exotics (pick weapon class + add goofy ability that sometimes matters).

And if there were actual customs, I'd have the easiest game of my life.

Hawkmoon IS just a basic hand cannon with 3 LITCs. Thorn is much different.

And yeah it'd be the easiest game of your life as all you would see is a revive screen, unable to press buttons to do anything.

Top Bottom