• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT36| Fifty Shades of TTK

Anyone doing an omnigul farm?

I que omnigul strike and tether her at the beginning hoping the two others dps her but nope they kill adds the whole time.

E92 M3

Laser is a stretch. It kicks to the right and up a little.

Trials pulse has a tighter spread, but I don't like that archetype of pulses.

Grasp is worth it. Nothing beats the HoW pulses though. If you fired into a wall it would look like only one bullet hole.

Oh it's a laser alright ;)!

Does the trials gear look the same as Year 1 Trials gear?

Yeah, and that's why I love it. Warlock boots are sexy on a warlock.

306 after getting 317 Boots.

My Titan is on a roll. 2 normal raids only before doing hard. Thank goodness teams need bubble titans.

Xbox Titan went from 299 to 306 after about 2.5 hours of play. Hype

That is hype!

Frenden

Banned
I made it to 300+ without raiding on my first TTK character. That beget higher light exotics for infusion fodder. I might go straight to hard raid.

My usual group disbanded during HoW, and I haaaaate being a newbie anchor and am too timid to ask here, lol.

It hasn't kept me from any other content in TTK. And everyone seems so down on the raid that by the time I was going to ask it seemed it might not be worth doing.

Oh it's a laser alright ;)!

Yeah, and that's why I love it. Warlock boots are sexy on a warlock.

That is hype!

Now I can hard raid with yall! I'm going to try to find a totems to see if I can get a ghost or special weapon and call it good for the week.

zewone

I made it to 300+ without raiding on my first TTK character. That beget higher light exotics for infusion fodder. I might go straight to hard raid.

My usual group disbanded during HoW, and I haaaaate being a newbie anchor and am too timid to ask here, lol.

It hasn't kept me from any other content in TTK. And everyone seems so down on the raid that by the time I was going to ask it seemed it might not be worth doing.
Do it. Despite our disappointment with the HM loot, the raid itself is a lot of fun and should be experienced.

Strider

Really wouldn't be surprised if the only content we get for the next few months is them flipping the switch on time-gated exotic quests and holiday events like this Halloween one.

I'd gladly pay for an actual DLC pack tho instead of emotes funding this kinda stuff.

lt519

That seriously cannot be it for content in Destiny.

Also it's November now.

It'll be a wasteland by December if they don't have any news on a significant update. If they don't have a expansion, free or not, the content will be stale in a month. Even if they pull off a challenge mode and heroic raids for the old raids it'll be nothing but a diversion between other major releases. Maybe that's enough for them but they'll slowly lose people permanently that way. They'll need at least a raid per few months, new strikes and crucible maps. Halloween festivals won't cut it.

Something tells me they are saving it all for Destiny 2 though.

Afrocious

Really wouldn't be surprised if the only content we get for the next few months is them flipping the switch on time-gated exotic quests and holiday events like this Halloween one.

I'd gladly pay for an actual DLC pack tho instead of emotes funding this kinda stuff.

Perhaps this week we'll learn more about the remainder of KF's extras. Bungie has hyped it up somewhat.

Strider

Perhaps this week we'll learn more about the remainder of KF's extras. Bungie has hyped it up somewhat.

It's gotta be a humongous twist to get me back in.

I really enjoyed the TTK content. Story missions were fun, quest chains were a nice addition and KF is pretty damn dope.

But despite enjoying it I'm not interesting in running any of it anymore. I'm sitting back waiting for new story missions and a new raid at this point...

Or a weapon balance patch that brings HCs back to top tier
dac15_fantastic.gif

shermas

is it possible that, after you are over 300 LL, the drops from blues get worse? I swear I'm getting more 250 and 260 drops than ever. nothing 290+ to use for infusion.

vctor182

They need to address the HC nerf next weapon patch. Everything is pulse rifle now!

Anyone doing or wants to do trials?

is it possible that, after you are over 300 LL, the drops from blues get worse? I swear I'm getting more 250 and 260 drops than ever. nothing 290+ to use for infusion.

I read that after 290 the higher light drops from blues become hard to push you to the raid

thanks for the smooth run, all,
2. drizzay
3. steakjuice
4. Casmith7509
5. cybrwzrd
6. stuckd
and thanks, Drizzay, for Sherpa-ing.

Stuckd, you did gud, esp. for your first KF run. :D

drops:
Raid ghost shell - finally!
KF handcannon
KF bond

no armor :/
"smart" indeed

KF Challenge modes in "a couple weeks" are the only thing on the horizon right now. Very weird that they haven't said anything about the next major content release, but it's clearly related to their shifting pay model with the cosmetic MTs.

I'll still reset raids each week since that should only take <4 hours, and some Trials runs Friday since that takes about the same. Otherwise I'll just help folks raid or maybe a little Trials help but that's it. And I'm one of the craziest players they've got :p

Hmm. Hopefully Bungie doesn't ride on that for too long and turns to adding stuff to the PvE sphere soon. I'm already yawning thinking about the worst.

TKK hasn't even been out a full 2 months yet. How quickly do you think good PvE content can be developed and released? I wouldn't expect anything before December.

My usual group disbanded during HoW, and I haaaaate being a newbie anchor and am too timid to ask here, lol

This is craziness. You're a great player, just hop aboard and have fun! You'd be a benefit to any team. Sounds like when you were worried about Mercury but then we just steamrolled the whole way.

2. drizzay
3. steakjuice
4. Casmith7509
5. cybrwzrd
6. stuckd

Yeah, great run everyone. That last second Golgoroth kill while going blind was clutch. Very impressive to finish every encounter besides Daughters without wiping once.

LTWood12

KF Challenge modes in "a couple weeks" are the only thing on the horizon right now. Very weird that they haven't said anything about the next major content release, but it's clearly related to their shifting pay model with the cosmetic MTs.

I'll still reset raids each week since that should only take <4 hours, and some Trials runs Friday since that takes about the same. Otherwise I'll just help folks raid or maybe a little Trials help but that's it. And I'm one of the craziest players they've got :p

If I were a betting man I'd say we'll see the reveal of some "Vex Void" content that was supposed to be the next dlc. There'll be a TDB size content drop in December or January. No raid I would assume.

Would you be around to help me get to 7 wins tomorrow night? REALLLY want that scout rifle.

Anyone want to do Trials in about an hour? My PSN is the same as my username.

I'm not particular good, I want to see what it's about though.

Yeah seems that way. I still occasionally get 290+ blues but a lot of 260 stuff.

TKK hasn't even been out a full 2 months yet. How quickly do you think good PvE content can be developed and released? I wouldn't expect anything before December.

Not weird that it isn't being released, but definitely weird that they haven't said a single word yet. It'll probably take time for the new MT revenue stream to start paying off.

Am I dumb? trials is so much better now? i can get 5-8 wins now when before it was teams dancing to 0-4 just to come back and wipe me

Not dumb but probably lucky now and unlucky before. Trials MM has always had a ton of luck with the teams you face. Only difference is now the odds of facing scrubby teams after 6-7 wins are drastically reduced. It can still happen though. Odds of facing scrubs early have gone up so its not surprising that you've found it easier to get the first 3-4 wins.

Frenden

Banned
This is craziness. You're a great player, just hop aboard and have fun! You'd be a benefit to any team. Sounds like when you were worried about Mercury but then we just steamrolled the whole way.

I hear you, man. I have a real anxiety around being an anchor and it takes me a while to do new, big activities. It's exactly like when I was bugging out about Trials. I should try and get something together this week (or tag along on a Hawkian newbie run if he's still doing them).

Takuan

2. drizzay
3. steakjuice
4. Casmith7509
5. cybrwzrd
6. stuckd

drops:
Raid ghost shell - finally!
KF handcannon
KF bond

no armor :/
"smart" indeed
That was fun, I was getting rewards on encounters I thought I'd already done, but I guess that was on my Hunter. It was a pretty good run for me drop-wise:

Shotty
Gloves
Chest
Class item
Sublime engram (lol)

Shitty and gloves were poor rolls but the gloves are an upgrade even at 300, so no biggie.

Thanks for having me. I'd be happy to run again with you guys on either mode.

Not dumb but probably lucky now and unlucky before. Trials MM has always had a ton of luck with the teams you face. Only difference is now the odds of facing scrubby teams after 6-7 wins are drastically reduced. It can still happen though. Odds of facing scrubs early have gone up so its not surprising that you've found it easier to get the first 3-4 wins.

I must say, around 6-7 wins it indeed gets harder. But my 3 final bosses were all as easy as winning the first one. I was expecting to go all out but won 3x 5-0. We must be really lucky.

Yeah seems that way. I still occasionally get 290+ blues but a lot of 260 stuff.

Not weird that it isn't being released, but definitely weird that they haven't said a single word yet. It'll probably take time for the new MT revenue stream to start paying off.

let me know when you get on bro for some trials, I'll be ready.

Top Bottom