• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT36| Fifty Shades of TTK

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Also noticed people wearing the new flawless emblems being actual scrubs while certain people wearing day one emblems being pros.

GutZ31

Hunters have the agility I had been missing in Destiny for a year. Dunno why I never moved onto other alts - maybe because I'm quite stubborn sometimes and will refuse to change so I don't look like I flip-flop.

But seriously, even after learning how to skate as a Titan, Hunters seriously take the cake for the best feeling class for me. I feel I can turn on a dime when I play as one.

I've always been the kind of player to rush folks. I've never been a sniping person in shooters. I was the sword and shotgun guy in Halo 2. Even outside of shooters, I've always been more for faster characters. Dex builds in Dark Souls for life. Dual wielding or bust. Rolls for days.

Playing hunter in trials briefly today with Nami and Falifax? Oh man. Maybe the folks we got MM'd with were easy, but I felt I could rock them 1 vs 2. Keen Scout? Voidwall Grenades? Shadestep? Oh man I was on their asses.
Yhesssssss, let the Hunter become youuuu.

If you were able to flawless Oryx on your warlock, think of all the things you could do on a hunter!

E92 M3

My friend insisted on playing the whole trials passage a 139, except the last 2 matches were super sweaty. Mercury gave me a 310 truth (didn't have a solid rocket for trials), so I am hyped.

X-Frame

Yeah, these hand cannon accuracy changes need to be reverted. "Accuracy" doesn't even make sense to me .. why is it a thing?

First, they put in globs of aim assist to allow players to hit their targets easier, and yet can pull back accuracy so that even if I manage to be on point with my target, my gun can still fire over their heads? I don't get it.

I really wonder what this game would be like with absolutely no aim assist and yet perfect "accuracy", so if I was pointing at someone's head I would hit it. I could be way off in terms of FPS design though, but it makes sense to me.

Zocano

Hawkmoon IS just a basic hand cannon with 3 LITCs. Thorn is much different.

And yeah it'd be the easiest game of your life as all you would see is a revive screen, unable to press buttons to do anything.

You give Thorn too much credit and you give a shootbang game too much credit for gun variance. Especially when nearly every single gun is still just a hit scan weapon.

No one should call themselves the master at anything.

Frenden

Banned
If my cursor is dead-nuts over someone and I pull the trigger, I expect it to hit. Range should effect damage, not the dice roll of whether or not my bullet hits. Relegating hits to RNG-like "accuracy" debuffs feels teeeerrible.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
If my cursor is dead-nuts over someone and I pull the trigger, I expect it to hit. Range should effect damage, not the dice roll of whether or not my bullet hits. Relegating hits to RNG-like "accuracy" debuffs feels teeeerrible.

Nailed it. This needs to be removed almost completely to make Hand Cannons viable again. This behavior should only become noticeable at sniper ranges.

The problems with HC's was that you could do 100% damage from ranges only other weapon classes should be able to, NOT that they could land the shot in the first place.

You give Thorn too much credit and you give a shootbang game too much credit for gun variance. Especially when nearly every single gun is still just a hit scan weapon.

No one should call themselves the master at anything.

*Clap*
*Clap*
*Clap*

Excellent speech, my friend. Gift of the silver tongue, they say it's the mark of a good player...and of a liar.

gatti-man

Came across so many Red Deaths. 8 of our 10 matches today had at least one guy using it.

They are must haves if you want to 3v1 successfully. Atleast for me anyways.

Also noticed people wearing the new flawless emblems being actual scrubs while certain people wearing day one emblems being pros.

It's cool to have the new thing. Why else would you spend all weekend trying to go flawless? Also so many on here claimed the new emblem would be scrub free and more special. I guess that's not the case.

zewone

That Bulletproof tho..

6jyh9in.jpg

Kyoufu

How many headshot bursts required to kill for Red Death? I should probably use it over the raid pulse even though I really like it.

E92 M3

Got the beautiful trials boots for the warlock at 305. Has sniper/machine gun. Absolutely love the design, but have no intermediary pieces to bring it up to my 315 boots.

Frenden

Banned
Two is possible if you land all headshots in both bursts AND the person is running an extremely low armor build. It's realistically a three burst kill.

zewone

I've been using Nirwen's Laser with good success. Do want Omnigul's rifle, but no one ever farms on Xbox lol :p
Laser is a stretch. It kicks to the right and up a little.

Trials pulse has a tighter spread, but I don't like that archetype of pulses.

Grasp is worth it. Nothing beats the HoW pulses though. If you fired into a wall it would look like only one bullet hole.

306 after getting 317 Boots.

My Titan is on a roll. 2 normal raids only before doing hard. Thank goodness teams need bubble titans.

Xbox Titan went from 299 to 306 after about 2.5 hours of play. Hype

Top Bottom