• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT36| Fifty Shades of TTK

Zocano

Yeah, those are small steps. It's a step in the right direction, but they need to go further. If the choice is 'X Class has increased armor' or '15 second speed boost', I would take the first choice every time. And the speed boost is pretty negligible I found, it's...not that great. Now if it let you run like crazy....that'd be fun.

Yah this is porbably the 953020498193453059th time I've said this but a *TON* of the game's problems could easily be "solved" or at least band-aided well with just a huge collection of perks. Perks you can only find in nightfalls. Perks you can only find in raids. Perks you can only find on armor that drops from specific strikes. Perks you can only find in story missions. Perks you only get in Crucible/Trials/Iron Banner.

What new guns can they add?

Bow and Arrow with different elemental damages would be cool. Hopefully those will be the year 3 swords.
Blow dart gun to poison? It could be strong poison but don't run just before or jump while shooting it or you have a chance to choke and die. It's a year 3 Touch Of Malice =)

Some kind of tornado or gravity gun to kill/knock back mobs. A Taken like gun/flash bang grenade that blinds enemies?
Some type of implant gun that gives you quick control of an enemy after shooting it turning it into a mindless bomb.

I don't know but I hope they get creative along with the normal crap.

Look at halos weapons for example. The 'assault rifle' archetype is present in the 3 races(prometheans, covenant, humans) and they are each distinct from each other. Same with pistols. Omolon is a step in the right direction, they fire and feel different from other weapons in the same type. But its still missing that something that makes them feel differently.

And if they did try something different, like the mythoclast originally was, it ends up creating this power vacuum that makes it outclass other guns. Thats just the nature of a loot game though.

Zocano

Stop making hitscan weapons.

Less hitscan weapons.

Make weapons that are not hitscan.

For the love of fuck, experiment with your weapons and stop making them all hitscan.

Now that I think about it, a huge missed opportunity is letting you get weapons from the other enemies. They all have archetypes for an assault rifle-fallen is a slow firing, tracking auto rifles, vex is close to the mythoclast ie beam weapons, hive fires purple candy at you..instead of making those types exotic, have them be random loot drops as well. Oh, you found a sweet line rifle with some interesting perks exclusive to fallen guns, cool. Thats one way to have multiple weapons within the same archetype but make them feel different and offer more variety. Having just conventional human weapons in a game with aliens is boring as fuck.

Ugh. I should stop thinking about it and try to blindly enjoy the game.

Zocano

sounds like .. halo

they kind of did that with house of wolves

all those exotics are fallen guns

DREG'S PROMISE COULD HAVE BEEN SO GOOD,

WHY BUNGIE. WHYYYYY.

CmjZjs9.gif

GutZ31

Scout rifle that acts like a fusion rifle if trigger is held down, but shoots 5 shots all at once like a shotgun after its fully charged.

Hand cannon that acts like a scorch cannon, where bullets can explode into bigger explosions if held for longer. Damage cap it if balance needed.

Pulse rifle that fires full auto for a random amount of rounds, then next shot is high impact scout rifle round.

Auto rifle with ability to suppress/blind a target by chance, that gets hit within a certain range of the welder.

Just some random ideas, but totally doable.

Zocano

I've said this before but have Fabian Strategy give you a mini-shield whenever you ADS with it (on a short-ish cooldown- like 3 seconds).

Scout rifle that acts like a fusion rifle if trigger is held down, but shoots 5 shots all at once like a shotgun after its fully charged.

Hand cannon that acts like a scorch cannon, where bullets can explode into bigger explosions if held for longer. Damage cap it if balance needed.

Pulse rifle that fires full auto for a random amount of rounds, then next shot is high impact scout rifle round.

Auto rifle with ability to suppress/blind a target by chance, that gets hit within a certain range of the welder.

Just some random ideas, but totally doable.
Yeah the holding down for more power or a fire splash explosion on impact (like the Taken dude has) is a good idea imo. Even if it's only for some exotic weapon it could be cool.

the_id

The daily heroic is for the BlackSpindle.

Anyone want to do a Spindle run with me? I haven't got mine yet

PSN: the_id

mandiller

That was fun! First time I've done any co-op besides matchmaking strikes, I didn't realize how much coordination is involved, it's like a completely different game from the strikes.

Still looking for a group to check out Trials. I just tried the Destiny LFG site for the first time and am not having any luck, I got into one group but they booted me immediately when they saw my light level, 293. Is that too low?

Yeah good game! We pulled it off after a few tries. First time for all of us beating that boss.

Ended up getting into a group to check out Osiris, didn't go too well but it was fun to check it out. I'm only 293 light level and it seemed like I was the only one playing below 300, I'm not sure how much a difference a few levels makes but it felt like I was clearly outclassed. Shotgun at point blank plus a melee left a few people with a sliver of health, while it felt like I was dead as soon as I was spotted. Oh well. I was pretty surprised at the rewards I got for the two quests I managed to clear though, I ended up with a decent bundle of Motes, Strange Coins, and Marks by the end of it.

On the plus side doing Skolas for the first time tonight was great, I really want to do more PVE stuff outside the strikes now. If anyone's interested in doing a raid tomorrow, I don't really care which since I haven't done any of them, let me know. My PSN is the same as my username.

Spindle mission again? Maybe I can get some people to help me get the ship later on. I got my exotic flame sword this time - I'm fucking ready.

I think I'm juuust before the 10 minute timer starts on the daily if 2 people want to join up and give it a quick go with me on PSN. PSN = jen867530nine

I already have a Spindle but I'm here again for some reason so may as well try to beat it for the hell of it.

I'm not good at it but have beaten it once with Bogeypop when he was taking people through it. Also I have a Solar Sword now so that can't hurt. And hey if we don't get it you can get some quick practice in.

Basically though we need to shoot the big black balls then ads then the boss in that order I think and we'll have a shot at beating it. Swords are good for the ads I think.

Edit: in 15 minutes (20 after) I'm going in alone lol and I really dont want to waste my time even trying it by myself so join up.

So it's the Spindle mission again and I have another shot at the ship due to deleting my titan and making a new one just before the HM raid came out.

Anyone still need the gun? I've soloed up to the lift. PSN is same as GAF name. If not I'll just solo it.

So it's the Spindle mission again and I have another shot at the ship due to deleting my titan and making a new one just before the HM raid came out.

Anyone still need the gun? I've soloed up to the lift. PSN is same as GAF name. If not I'll just solo it.
I'm down to give it a shot. PSN name is also the same as my username.

Yah this is porbably the 953020498193453059th time I've said this but a *TON* of the game's problems could easily be "solved" or at least band-aided well with just a huge collection of perks. Perks you can only find in nightfalls. Perks you can only find in raids. Perks you can only find on armor that drops from specific strikes. Perks you can only find in story missions. Perks you only get in Crucible/Trials/Iron Banner.

TBH I find there are already too many perks and combo's of perks in the game. By the time I fiddle with:-

class attributes
grenade-type
melee effect
super effects
bonus effects

(all times three)

then on armour:-
Weapon loader type
Extra Ammo type
int/disc/str stats
plus misc perks like health regen on orb pickup or extra super from minions

Each of these can interact with, and affect, the class choices above.

then on weapons:-
Primary perks/secondary perks/heavy perks

then on top of all that there are the exotic perks for each exotic.

and on top of all that there are 3 archetypes to consider (warlock/hunter/titan).

That feels like a lot to balance already?

Bogeypop

The one day I don't check what the Daily Story Mission is on reset and it's Lost to Light. Well at least I'm only an hour late, who needs help getting their Black Spindle? Send me those PMs.

JonCha

The one day I don't check what the Daily Story Mission is on reset and it's Lost to Light. Well at least I'm only an hour late, who needs help getting their Black Spindle? Send me those PMs.

I'd be up for doing it; I'll PM you now. When are you available?

Top Bottom