• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT36| Fifty Shades of TTK

noomi

Totally expected, it will only get worse with all the upcoming releases . Bungie had a chance to rejuvenate the game with ToO but the failed in my opinion. Fortunately for me I only have enough time to play one game at the minute so it a will be destiny all way through , maybe with a small break for Old Hunters dlc. Finished my exotic collection last night as B. Gemini was the last one to get , now to rebuy everything else from the blueprints.

LIES!

I saw you playing Bloodborne last night :p

*edit*

Top of the page!

Shout out to Holy Divers. My Brothers & Sisters in arms.

Ryuuga

Banned
The d is for dead

This page took 3 hours guys D:

Yeah, the November block will have people away for quite sometime which also coincides with the gripes some (myself included) have with Year 2 so far. I genuinely think this will be the longest lull considering we don't even know of future plans.

Easy run guys. Thanks a lot. Too bad i didnt get the ship.

Its really just 1 shot per char? If i dont get on my next run i actually cant get the ship at all? That seems messed up.

Bogeypop

Spindle Group #3 Complete. No one's on the waiting list so send me some PMs now to immediately be helped obtaining your Black Spindle!

Is Destiny 7 made by 343i?

Guys making Star Citizen said "Fuck it" and teamed up with Bungie, after the smash success that Diablo 4 was by taking the loot game back to its beloved Diablo 2 roots they helped Bungie make a more fully fleshed out and satisfying loot system, Valve was given full reign of Destiny's PvP and now there's a "The International" version of Destiny PvP along with hats, soundpacks, and a Compendium, and Tokuro Fujiwara was so impressed with the scope and scale of the project he was brought along for his fun quest designs from the Tomba!/Tombi series to make the greatest FPS MMO the world has ever known.

Easy run guys. Thanks a lot. Too bad i didnt get the ship.

Its really just 1 shot per char? If i dont get on my next run i actually cant get the ship at all? That seems messed up.

Yep. Only one shot at the ship per character.

Namikaze1

The d is for dead

This page took 3 hours guys D:
Bungie really needs to do something big and soon. Regardless of what some think of the series, AC Syndicate started off the 4 Week long Slaughterfest. You had Halo come out a few days after AC:S launched. You have BLOPs 3 out tomorrow. Fallout 4 comes out next week (Tomb Raider as well but not as hyped up as Fallout 4). Battlefront comes out the week after. It's a great time to be a gamer. This Holiday season is so much better than last year's.

Plus it doesn't help that many are disappointed with hard mode and folks are divided on trials. I also don't think the Challenge Modes will do much to help.

Edit: 5 minutes without a single post since my last. Wow...

zPPwxV6.png

It would be ironic if Bungie "scraped" their way through Year 1 (I got a LOT of entertainment out of the game so I am not trying to complain)...but then couldn't keep the pipeline up in Year 2.

I'm a bit puzzled on their plans for the content pipeline...while the money was originally coming from the two paid DLC's and now it's emotes etc...presumably the "equivalent" content is still being built and will be distributed for free at some point?

If not then is their plan that people just fizzle out over the next year and come back with a big bang for D2?

If they are releasing some then shouldn't they announce it so people know whats coming next and keep the momentum going?

(I know hard mode has only been out 2 weeks and "fixes" for loot drop rates will keep us playing for another few weeks)

Bungie really needs to do something big and soon.

I had a super busy weekend and missed all Trials games :/ only got a couple Wasteland 2 hours in on sunday.

But yeah, Fallout and Battlefront will consume a lot of time for a lot of people. I really wish Bungie would atleast give teasers to future additions to the game. Hard mode didn't really do much and will only bring activity on tuesday-wednesdays when people run it a couple times.

Oooooooooooooh, exciting stuff today!

Need to do two things this evening:

1. Black Spindle
2. Finish KF NM (at Deathsingers CP).

I'm counting on you DGAF! \(^.^)/

glaurung

Yesterday was an awesome Destiny day - finally cleared the flawless raid trophy and also got my platinum trophy for the game. Now all I miss is the hard Oryx trophy.

Oh, and I also managed to get help from some friends, so this Wednesday I should become the proud owner of an awesome new hand cannon.

E92 M3

All I know, is that anyone who thinks TLW is dead should take it for a spin again.

Most fun I had in PvP in a long time. Felt like catching up with an old friend. Paired with a quick sniper, you can be extremely successful.

The line about not thinking of it as a primary anymore really spoke to me.

It's fun to use, but no where close to efficient for trials on Bannerfall. I'd kill to have the original TLW return.

Bullets/beams/energy/whatever travel. Make guns that shoot stuff that have to move. Plasma Pistol. Plasma Rifle. Needler. Bullseye. Auger.

stop ruining my dreams

I hated the BR from Halo 3, it was so unsatisfying to shoot. Bungie should just stick with hitscan for most and make more unique weapons like the Needler.

Tomba was fucking tits. Love that game. Did a full 100% replay maybe 2 years ago. Outside of a handful of dud quests, it holds up remarkably well. Ahead of its time.

Tomba was so good! Did 100% on both 1&2.

How can the Trials pulse be worse than the Iron Banner pulse... the hell is going on?

Right? The adept version I have is good but I still switch to Nirwen's when it gets later in the card.

That reminds me, any flawless folks playing tonight? My hunter still needs it this week. He's my weakest character per my play style. I have to remind myself to dodge around and run more with him.

Yesterday was an awesome Destiny day - finally cleared the flawless raid trophy and also got my platinum trophy for the game. Now all I miss is the hard Oryx trophy.

Oh, and I also managed to get help from some friends, so this Wednesday I should become the proud owner of an awesome new hand cannon.

Be sure to PM Lnkn to be added to the GLord list, check the OP for details.

ocean

Banned
Tomba was fucking tits. Love that game. Did a full 100% replay maybe 2 years ago. Outside of a handful of dud quests, it holds up remarkably well. Ahead of its time.
My PlayStation came with a demo disk before I got any games for it. Being a kid is rough :p

Can't tell you how many hours I spent playing that Tomba demo. In an Internet age I'd probably have been able to upload a competitive speed run lol

Amazing gameplay.

E92 M3

Personally, I couldn't be happier with Destiny right now. Only have to worry about raids/trials and can just relax without having tons of things to do. Challenge mode is on the horizon as well.

Got my warlock to some incredible stats:

Tier 4 discipline and intellect
Tier 2 strength

noomi

Right? The adept version I have is good but I still switch to Nirwen's when it gets later in the card.

That reminds me, any flawless folks playing tonight? My hunter still needs it this week. He's my weakest character per my play style. I have to remind myself to dodge around and run more with him.

When comparing stats the nirwens just seems better in stability & reload.

Ah well. Glad I got it anyway I suppose.

Personally, I couldn't be happier with Destiny right now. Only have to worry about raids/trials and can just relax without having tons of things to do. Challenge mode is on the horizon as well.

That's basically all I'm going to do from now on as well. Raids, Iron Banner & Trials.... with the occasional pvp match here and there.

Don't need the nightfalls, weeklies, or dailies anymore. In a way... it's kind of nice not to have to do everything all the time. I still love Destiny, even though there are areas that I do not like or agree with.

Is it messed up that I kind of just want to let go already. There are other games I want to enjoy but can't :p

Spindle Group #3 Complete. No one's on the waiting list so send me some PMs now to immediately be helped obtaining your Black Spindle!

Guys making Star Citizen said "Fuck it" and teamed up with Bungie, after the smash success that Diablo 4 was by taking the loot game back to its beloved Diablo 2 roots they helped Bungie make a more fully fleshed out and satisfying loot system, Valve was given full reign of Destiny's PvP and now there's a "The International" version of Destiny PvP along with hats, soundpacks, and a Compendium, and Tokuro Fujiwara was so impressed with the scope and scale of the project he was brought along for his fun quest designs from the Tomba!/Tombi series to make the greatest FPS MMO the world has ever known.

Yep. Only one shot at the ship per character.

I was going to run it later with my two friends. What's the strategy you always use?

Bogeypop

Tomba was so good! Did 100% on both 1&2.

My PlayStation came with a demo disk before I got any games for it. Being a kid is rough :p

Can't tell you how many hours I spent playing that Tomba demo. In an Internet age I'd probably have been able to upload a competitive speed run lol

Amazing gameplay.

Tomba!/Tombi! 3 unveil would be to me what FF7Remake and Shenmue 3 announcements were for others. BELIEVE!

Bogeypop

My first double post. I bring shame to my family. Waiting List is empty right now. Send me PMs to be immediately helped obtaining your Black Spindle.

I was going to run it later with my two friends. What's the strategy you always use?

Kill things before they kill you.
Focus Blights (Balls) and adds in Boss Room with Supers eg. Nightstalker, Sunbreaker, Stormcaller. Then peck away at boss when you have breathing room after all the adds are gone. Repeat when new Blights and adds spawn until he's dead. Raze-Lighter's R2 attack is the best weapon to use against the Captains and Knights with Solar Shields. Even the Arc Shield Centurions melt.

Bungie really needs to do something big and soon. Regardless of what some think of the series, AC Syndicate started off the 4 Week long Slaughterfest. You had Halo come out a few days after AC:S launched. You have BLOPs 3 out tomorrow. Fallout 4 comes out next week (Tomb Raider as well but not as hyped up as Fallout 4). Battlefront comes out the week after. It's a great time to be a gamer. This Holiday season is so much better than last year's.

Plus it doesn't help that many are disappointed with hard mode and folks are divided on trials. I also don't think the Challenge Modes will do much to help.

Eh, I think they'll be fine. TTK release + emotes + festival of the lost has made a ton of $.

We'll probably only get the raid challenges and possibly some new micro-transaction stuff for Xmas to hold us over until next year.

I don't think they're that worried about people taking a break for the holiday games. They've said before they feel Destiny is a game you can play for awhile, stop and come back to it. That's what most of us here with tons of hours invested in our characters will likely do.

Honestly, I'm looking forward to checking out some other games. It's been over a year. o_O

My first double post. I bring shame to my family. Waiting List is empty right now. Send me PMs to be immediately helped obtaining your Black Spindle.

Kill things before they kill you.
Focus Blights (Balls) and adds in Boss Room with Supers eg. Nightstalker, Sunbreaker, Stormcaller. Then peck away at boss when you have breathing room after all the adds are gone. Then repeat when new Blights and adds spawn until he's dead

Thanks a lot man. My friends are finally high enough light to try for Spindle.

E92 M3

When comparing stats the nirwens just seems better in stability & reload.

Ah well. Glad I got it anyway I suppose.

That's basically all I'm going to do from now on as well. Raids, Iron Banner & Trials.... with the occasional pvp match here and there.

Don't need the nightfalls, weeklies, or dailies anymore. In a way... it's kind of nice not to have to do everything all the time. I still love Destiny, even though there are areas that I do not like or agree with.

Is it messed up that I kind of just want to let go already. There are other games I want to enjoy but can't :p

Until there is a better shooter than Destiny - it's all I'll be playing. It's just too good!

Also, why aren't the new shaders dropping in trials? Haven't heard of anyone getting them.

Is there a reason why sometimes when you lower an enemy's health to zero itll get some of it's health back? It happens way too frequently to me. Just a bug?

Nuszka

LIES!

I saw you playing Bloodborne last night :p

*edit*

Top of the page!

Shout out to Holy Divers. My Brothers & Sisters in arms.

Was just checking my builds as I have 5 characters , but i want to go under levelled for that dlc , it's more fun that way. I will cheat on destiny maybe for a bit at end of This month :)

noomi

Until there is a better shooter than Destiny - it's all I'll be playing. It's just too good!

Also, why aren't the new shaders dropping in trials? Haven't heard of anyone getting them.

The Division, that will be my Destiny Killer.

Once that's out I'll be shifting completely over to it. Depending on if my friends get it on the PS4 will be a deciding factor of if I play on console or my PC.

Was just checking my builds as I have 5 characters , but i want to go under levelled for that dlc , it's more fun that way. I will cheat on destiny maybe for a bit at end of This month :)

I've been thinking about starting the game over fresh, maybe in a few weeks.

Amazing gameplay.

Tomba!/Tombi! 3 unveil would be to me what FF7Remake and Shenmue 3 announcements were for others. BELIEVE!

Tomba love! Loved the demo and the full game.
Tomba 2 was alright, too.

E92 M3

The Division, that will be my Destiny Killer.

Once that's out I'll be shifting completely over to it. Depending on if my friends get it on the PS4 will be a deciding factor of if I play on console or my PC.

I've been thinking about starting the game over fresh, maybe in a few weeks.

I don't think the Division will be that good =/

Ubisoft games are always so by the numbers.

Top Bottom