• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT36| Fifty Shades of TTK

Bogeypop

Take your time in doing a quick crucible

Don't believe his lies! He isn't doing it out of the kindness of his heart! He was watching my stream and I said I would do some boring grinding in Tales of Zestiria while I waited for more people to Spindle Sherpa! He wasn't having none of that!

Homeboyd

Personally, I couldn't be happier with Destiny right now. Only have to worry about raids/trials and can just relax without having tons of things to do. Challenge mode is on the horizon as well.
Well that's because you have nothing left to chase. Imagine running as many raids as you have and never getting a single thing you want. No scout, no pulse with firefly, no lmg (and this is including normal AND hard). Going two full raids without a single drop at all. Nightfalls only giving you ~290 gear x3.

It has completely killed my desire to play Destiny at all. I've only done part of one raid this week, 0 nightfalls, 0 weeklies, 0 dailies, 0 trials and have no desire to do anything else in the game. Why bother grinding that shit to just get nothing over and over again to help you progress or to never get a single weapon you'll enjoy using. I mean, I got a 300 ghost from my first HM totems clear. 300.

If I were getting 3 different raid lmgs, a 319 pulse with firefly, a 317 scout with full auto on my first runs, I think I'd be closer to where you are in terms of enjoying my time with destiny, so I get it. But when that doesn't happen week after week after week... I just have no desire to even turn the game on anymore.

Namikaze1

Eh, I think they'll be fine. TTK release + emotes + festival of the lost has made a ton of $.

We'll probably only get the raid challenges and possibly some new micro-transaction stuff for Xmas to hold us over until next year.

I don't think they're that worried about people taking a break for the holiday games. They've said before they feel Destiny is a game you can play for awhile, stop and come back to it. That's what most of us here with tons of hours invested in our characters will likely do.

Honestly, I'm looking forward to checking out some other games. It's been over a year. o_O
...okay. I wasn't talking about how much money they're making. I was referring to player interest. There's no doubt it has decline over the past week and it will keep doing so when more MP heavy games are out. You got the biggest MP series coming out with a new installment in less than 24 hours. In two weeks you have the revival/reboot of a beloved MP series with a massive marketing push behind it. And that's just MP games. You then got a massive post apocalyptic RPG wedge in between those two for SP fans. Having played Bethesda games for years, I'm expecting to put in hundreds of hours into FO4.

Bungie needs to do something to keep players coming back. And let's face it: the Festival of Lost is cool and all but how many are still farming for masks? How many are going around wearing them? How many are even bothering to do the festival's quests? The festival lost its allure after 2-3 days.

New emotes won't help and the challenge modes will get stale after the first week. A Christmas event will end up like the Festival of Lost: cool for about two days and forgotten soon after.

E92 M3

Well that's because you have nothing left to chase. Imagine running as many raids as you have and never getting a single thing you want. No scout, no pulse with firefly, no lmg (and this is including normal AND hard). Going to full raids without a single drop at all. Nightfalls only giving you ~290 gear x3.

It has completely killed my desire to play Destiny at all. I've only done part of one raid this week, 0 nightfalls, 0 weeklies, 0 dailies, 0 trials and have no desire to do anything else in the game. Why bother grinding that shit to just get nothing over and over again to help you progress or to never get a single weapon you'll enjoy using. I mean, I got a 300 ghost from my first HM totems clear. 300.

If I were getting 3 different raid lmgs, a 319 pulse with firefly, a 317 scout with full auto on my first runs, I think I'd be closer to where you are in terms of enjoying my time with destiny, so I get it. But when that doesn't happen week after week after week... I just have no desire to even turn the game on anymore.

I've been a bit lucky with hard, but normal raid screwed me over quite good. Had a horrible streak of RNG luck from when TTK launched and only recently has it gotten a little better. This week has been better than usual.

It's not going to last. Lets do nightfalls after work :p

noomi

I don't think the Division will be that good =/

Ubisoft games are always so by the numbers.

Unfortunately, I've heard a lot of this as well. Knowing ubisoft... something will be... not right.

Still holding out hope though.

Just got wind of a Blizzard game called Overwatch, looks real fun. Still in beta though.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Well that's because you have nothing left to chase. Imagine running as many raids as you have and never getting a single thing you want. No scout, no pulse with firefly, no lmg (and this is including normal AND hard). Going to full raids without a single drop at all. Nightfalls only giving you ~290 gear x3.

What's funny is that it's the opposite for me. If I had nothing to chase, I'd quit the game. Even as it is, I don't feel like I have anything to chase since hard mode gear is basically the same as normal mode gear. I was running hard mode the other day, and I realized at that point that there wasn't a single piece of gear I was really looking for.

I probably won't raid (or play Destiny, tbh) until something new comes out.

Its because their matchmaking algorithm doesnt guarantee getting matched up with players of equal skill. All its looking at is wins. So lets say you reach 6 wins, its either a bad team on their last game doing bounties or a good team on their 6th win. And if the team is going for Mercury, chances are theyll dump their card the second they get a red marker..

Basically your best bet for getting to Mercury is friday. After that the pool if players will go down. Combined with their new matching, chances are youll be matched with opposing teams that have +1/+0/-1 wins compared to your own, with the pool growing when it cant find people.

This matchmaking discourages newbier teams from trying out, before average to above average players could get lucky with matching and make it to mercury. Thats what the boons were for. Now? Unless you execute perfectly, the matches above 4 wins will get progressively harder as the pool thins.

And dont get me started on the lack of connection priority. I would say that out of the 10 matches I played last night, 6 of those lag was a factor.

I would love to see their data for this. I think I'm struggling with this because I'm usually pretty aware that even though we're the 1% of the playerbase up in here, I have a pretty good idea of what's going on for the average joe. Right now I can't tell what that is, and it bothers me. I can't tell if I'm over-reacting because I was impacted more than others, or what.

Reddit seems pretty happy with the changes (at least on face level), so that makes me feel like I'm the odd one out.

Kor, I'm in the same boat. I had a real crappy start to PvP, but the last few months pre-2.0 I was averaging near a 2.5-3 KDR in Control/Banner. I did alright in Trials the one time I tried, I think. I went to eight wins before calling in the Drizzay signal. It was the final weekend before 2.0 dropped and I wanted to make it so badly. I even held my own there--having a few matches where I was top of the leaderboard with Drizzay and Wicked.

I felt great--I was SO stoked to Trials again in the future. I was at my personal best in 6v6 modes and felt like my gun skill was on par for 3v3. I just needed to learn the ebb and flow of things and be a little less rash, I thought.

Then came 2.0. I'm trash. My KD is probably low 1.2s or something. I haven't even looked because I've turned to such crap that I can't bring myself to.

I'm not sure where players like you and I fit in, Kor. I was better than a lot of folks, the upper-middle class, I think. Now... fuck all if I know.

EDIT: One caveat of note. I was a day one HC user. I barely ever used anything else. I TLW/sniped. Before I got a TLW, I was a Devil You Know user. I never liked ARs, PRs, or SRS much.

It feels like the entire bell curve shifted or something. Like, excuse the very crude image, but this is sort of what I'm thinking:
XhPrDOi.png

This is exactly why I don't like new trials. But I'm told the lighthouse isn't for very good players only the "best of the best". It's bullcrap and I 100% agree this is wrong.

I'll tell you what you have to do bc it was I had to do. You're going to have to find better teammates.

Yeah, I'm not going to do that. I play Destiny mostly with my friends first, and Gaffers second. I don't mind playing with Gaffers, obviously, I've played with quite a few of you guys, but when it comes down to it, I'm always going to play with my close knit group first. Plus, they're stats aren't even that bad. My kills are higher because I'm the aggresive one, but their assist show they they obviously know how to play as a team. This is our regular trials group stats:

lebowski4ever

Neo Member
not long started destiny. bought the legendary edition for £24 from tesco...at rank 38 currently..bit of a mind fuck..no idea what i'm doin. just runnin about killin shit. no clue on exotics etc either..good fun tho.

WipedOut

I've been a bit lucky with hard, but normal raid screwed me over quite good. Had a horrible streak of RNG luck from when TTK launched and only recently has it gotten a little better. This week has been better than usual.

It's not going to last. Lets do nightfalls after work :p

I've been in those with you and yeah, that sucks that you still haven't got the LMG. I don't really have any desire to play the Hard Raid right now, up to daughters is fantastic and basically on farm mode now but that freaking oryx fight is just depressing.

PuMa

Right? The adept version I have is good but I still switch to Nirwen's when it gets later in the card.

That reminds me, any flawless folks playing tonight? My hunter still needs it this week. He's my weakest character per my play style. I have to remind myself to dodge around and run more with him.

I'll be up for a run later in the evening if you need one!

Bogeypop

Spindle Pair #4 or 5(?) complete. Still no PMs for the Waiting List, so I'm free to immediately help anyone out who needs the Black Spindle.

noomi

Spindle Pair #4 or 5(?) complete. Still no PMs for the Waiting List, so I'm free to immediately help anyone out who needs the Black Spindle.

Bogey, you're awesome for helping people out with this :)

I have a question though, I have already done this on each one of my characters and never received the ship. Is there still a chance for me?

I think someone mentioned you never got the ship even though you ran it 100's of times :p

E92 M3

What's funny is that it's the opposite for me. If I had nothing to chase, I'd quit the game. Even as it is, I don't feel like I have anything to chase since hard mode gear is basically the same as normal mode gear. I was running hard mode the other day, and I realized at that point that there wasn't a single piece of gear I was really looking for.

I probably won't raid (or play Destiny, tbh) until something new comes out.

Yeah, chasing items is the worst part. Nothing better than just being able to play without concerns. At this point, I am looking for specific stuff like the hard mode helmet.

I've been in those with you and yeah, that sucks that you still haven't got the LMG. I don't really have any desire to play the Hard Raid right now, up to daughters is fantastic and basically on farm mode now but that freaking oryx fight is just depressing.

Oryx is really easy if the knights are killed, especially since there is time to kill adds before detonation. Gotta get that kill man!

GorillaJu

I would do dirty things to anyone who could actually carry me to flawless. Or I would just say thank you very much if you preferred no dirty things.

Bogeypop

I have a question though, I have already done this on each one of my characters and never received the ship. Is there still a chance for me?

I think someone mentioned you never got the ship even though you ran it 100's of times :p

You get one shot at the Ship per character. After that the dream is over. You might be able to get another shot by deleting a character and releveling them, but I don't know if it's confirmed nor do I want to be the person to test it.

X-Frame

I know this has been discussed to death, but I still can't get over why raid loot drops from 300-310 in NM and 310-320 in HM. Would it be too much if all NM was guaranteed 310 and all HM 320?

Not only do we have RNG to get the piece of gear/weapon we want, but there is also RNG in terms of its final perk (some suck and some are much better), but then on top of that there is also RNG in if it's 310 or 320.

When I played VoG and got a Vision of Confluence, it was the same max power (potentially with the upgrades) as everyone else. Same all great perks. With how shoddy loot in VoG was, at least we had that.

Why are some raid weapons now dropping with shitty perks? Why are raid gauntlets dropping with Sidearm Reloader? Is it because they didn't want the raid weapons/gear to be the best gear in the game again?

I just feel like there is too much RNG involved now, not to mention that King's Fall can be the most exhausting raid. I really really liked it my first few times but now I am seeing just how much better Vault of Glass is, at least to me.

Sorry, end rant.

I've read multiple times that you can farm it.

A few times that you can try once with every char whenever the mission shows up.

I've heard it from bogie that it's a one shot per char ever.

I dont know what to belueve! Its tearing me apart!

SeanR1221

My PlayStation came with a demo disk before I got any games for it. Being a kid is rough :p

Can't tell you how many hours I spent playing that Tomba demo. In an Internet age I'd probably have been able to upload a competitive speed run lol

Amazing gameplay.

I spent so much time with demos.

Jet Moto
Twisted metal

And the goat
Metal gear solid.

noomi

You get one shot at the Ship per character. After that the dream is over. You might be able to get another shot by deleting a character and releveling them, but I don't know if it's confirmed nor do I want to be the person to test it.

A few times that you can try once with every char whenever the mission shows up.

Oh man, that would be such shit if true... that you only have one chance for the ship. No way I would delete a character to try and get it again. Not fair :(

Deku Tree

If Bogey doesn't have it then for sure you only get one shot per character.

Trakan

Stop making hitscan weapons.

Less hitscan weapons.

Make weapons that are not hitscan.

For the love of fuck, experiment with your weapons and stop making them all hitscan.

giphy.gif

Non-hitscan weapons can die in a fire. They've already tried it with Dreg's Promise and Vestian Dynasty. Look how that turned out. Remember the BR in Halo 3? Dear God.

noomi

I know this has been discussed to death, but I still can't get over why raid loot drops from 300-310 in NM and 310-320 in HM. Would it be too much if all NM was guaranteed 310 and all HM 320?

Not only do we have RNG to get the piece of gear/weapon we want, but there is also RNG in terms of its final perk (some suck and some are much better), but then on top of that there is also RNG in if it's 310 or 320.

When I played VoG and got a Vision of Confluence, it was the same max power (potentially with the upgrades) as everyone else. Same all great perks. With how shoddy loot in VoG was, at least we had that.

Why are some raid weapons now dropping with shitty perks? Why are raid gauntlets dropping with Sidearm Reloader? Is it because they didn't want the raid weapons/gear to be the best gear in the game again?

I just feel like there is too much RNG involved now, not to mention that King's Fall can be the most exhausting raid. I really really liked it my first few times but now I am seeing just how much better Vault of Glass is, at least to me.

Sorry, end rant.

Yeah, I feel ya man. I was pretty salty about Hard Mode RNG last week, made a venting post about it and everything. Not a fan of how the drops are now especially since there is double RNG, nothing sucks more than killing a boss and getting nothing for it... or killing a boss and getting a 310 item.

Sadly, I don't think this will change anytime soon, but we can be hopeful. There was plenty of great ideas tossed around here last week. Maybe Luke is reading some of our concerns and telling HQ about it.... maybe?

I ran it this morning with my week and a bit old titan, got my 4th Spindle but no ship again. Not going to confirm anything but I'm not deleting another character to have another shot at a different loading screen.

I finally did King's Fall this weekend, went in at 290 light and came out 295. Not bad I guess. I didn't get any raid armor, which was disappointing but, not really a big deal as the other stuff I got was a nice increase for me, especially the auto rifle. .

Taborcarn

Ugh damn it, of course the Spindle is today. I missed the last two times and tonight's my bowling night, the only one this week I wasn't planning on playing.

Unless anyone on XB1 would want to team up for it around 10:00 PM EST. GamerTag: T I Flex

...okay. I wasn't talking about how much money they're making. I was referring to player interest. There's no doubt it has decline over the past week and it will keep doing so when more MP heavy games are out. You got the biggest MP series coming out with a new installment in less than 24 hours. In two weeks you have the revival/reboot of a beloved MP series with a massive marketing push behind it. And that's just MP games. You then got a massive post apocalyptic RPG wedge in between those two for SP fans. Having played Bethesda games for years, I'm expecting to put in hundreds of hours into FO4.

Bungie needs to do something to keep players coming back. And let's face it: the Festival of Lost is cool and all but how many are still farming for masks? How many are going around wearing them? How many are even bothering to do the festival's quests? The festival lost its allure after 2-3 days.

New emotes won't help and the challenge modes will get stale after the first week. A Christmas event will end up like the Festival of Lost: cool for about two days and forgotten soon after.
And that's fine. Bungie doesn't need to compete with every big release each month.

Holiday time is when all the big games release. I'm sure they expected the player base to take a hit. They put out enough stuff in the last couple months to keep them comfortable for awhile and fund future content.

As I said before, they're pretty fine with people taking a break and coming back. There's no monthly sub to be concerned about. We are a small minority (1% of the 1%). They aren't going to cater to us with sizable content every other month.

It's dollars and centz, yo

Top Bottom