• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT36| Fifty Shades of TTK

E92 M3

I'd hope you guys are raiding during raids. What else would you be doing?

Dat typo

1310428349083_0.png

I think EJRobinson had the beetle avatar, as far as the shaders and ship goes.... haven't seen a single one. Maybe this is part of the pvp loot drop glitch that Bungie was talking about a few weeks ago?
!

Dammit Robinson! He steals kills and takes emblems too!

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Best tactic for the final room when going for the Black Spindle? Blights > Boss > Adds?

We did Blights > Adds > Boss then waited for more to spawn and repeated. We didn't stay in the door way either we came out and used swords and supers. Pretty easy.

I think EJRobinson had the beetle avatar, as far as the shaders and ship goes.... haven't seen a single one. Maybe this is part of the pvp loot drop glitch that Bungie was talking about a few weeks ago?
Well, tons of loot is dropping. I got countless pieces of armor (thx for the marks!) and even a Red Spectre. I got a Warlock bond, Icon got the cape, and I even saw the Draught of Nectar drop. Tons of emblems too (where's my damn Sun of Osiris??)

Thanks ipity. My cousin told me he died a lot, sorry for that. I told him to use void sword and go crazy with it :p

Didn't get darkblade helmet sadly :(

Lol it's totally ok.. He was doing some major work with the sword though regardless of the deaths.

Tell him thank you for me

E92 M3

I get pissed every time I think how Bungie nerfed Strange Coins and weapon parts for no reason.

Those duders really need to communicate.

Sulik2

Anyone need Tier 3 Court of Oryx for this week? Need it for my last fragment, but this place is a deadzone.

I do as well if you are on PS4. I've got two antiquated to charge up as well.

I randomly got my Darkblade helm on my alt. Can I move it to my main by any chance or is it class locked like other armor?

Asking again, anyone up for Hard Kings Fall starting from totems in a couple of hours from now?

If you still need to do it I'll be home in about 3 hours. If you can find a team, I'm good to go. I love doing this raid. VoG was still better though, imo.

I'll be home tomorrow (saving myself from the horror of having to sit down with my colleagues and booze away the day), so we can do it before reset then. Just message me.

Emouse

Has anyone had a year 2 Red Death drop from primary engrams with 3oC? I've had a few Last Words drop but I thought originally it was only new weapons that could drop from engrams

StMeph

So I just started the game this past weekend, and have just been playing through the story mode. I have the instant-level 25 item, but I'm just going to hold on to that to play through my first character normally. Currently level 16. Read about the story issues, and it's pretty glaring how bare bones/non-existent everything is.

Is there a particular faction I should be funneling all rep gains toward first? Anything else I should be doing before hitting level 40?

Has anyone had a year 2 Red Death drop from primary engrams with 3oC? I've had a few Last Words drop but I thought originally it was only new weapons that could drop from engrams

For some odd reason year 2 Red Death and year 2 Bad Juju won't drop from primary engrams.

Future

Playing halo after destiny is interesting. Chief is like a super less striker with permanent QuickDraw and snapshot. All weapons have perfect balance, counter balance and scopes with very little AA. Everything has high rate of fire which took a little getting used to. Circle is a quicker shadestep.

Lol it's totally ok.. He was doing some major work with the sword though regardless of the deaths.

Tell him thank you for me

Heh, cheers.

If you still need to do it I'll be home in about 3 hours. If you can find a team, I'm good to go. I love doing this raid. VoG was still better though, imo.

I'll be home tomorrow (saving myself from the horror of having to sit down with my colleagues and booze away the day), so we can do it before reset then. Just message me.

Sure, I'll message you..

Bogeypop

Spindle Group #6 or 7(?) Complete! Waiting list is as barren as the Court of Oryx after week one of TTK release. Anyone who needs their Spindle send me a PM and I will help you immediately.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
For some odd reason year 2 Red Death and year 2 Bad Juju won't drop from primary engrams.

Which is silly for Bad Juju since it was originally an exotic bounty reward yet the Invective can drop from an exotic engram.

I still want Red Death, gonna do some year 1 raids.

Emouse

That's kind of annoying, I guess it's the same for Truth & Thunderlord, I assume the Last Word is only droppable because it's actually needed for the quest to get the Chaperone

That's kind of annoying, I guess it's the same for Truth & Thunderlord, I assume the Last Word is only droppable because it's actually needed for the quest to get the Chaperone

I'm sure Truth and Thunderlord would drop from engrams, but Heavy engrams never drop. I got Year 2 Truth and Thunderlord from NFs, which I don't think can drop Red Death or Bad Juju.

Red Death can at least drop elsewhere. If you didn't get Bad Juju in Year 1, you're shit out of luck.

Cruxist

So I just started the game this past weekend, and have just been playing through the story mode. I have the instant-level 25 item, but I'm just going to hold on to that to play through my first character normally. Currently level 16. Read about the story issues, and it's pretty glaring how bare bones/non-existent everything is.

Is there a particular faction I should be funneling all rep gains toward first? Anything else I should be doing before hitting level 40?

As soon as you have enough glimmer, pledge the faction of your choice. Look at their gear rolls and their colors, those are the things that matter the most. Once you pledge one, stick with it. There's no downside to pledging.

Has anyone received the new emblem (the beetle, not the jackal), ship (it's the Draught of Nectar ever so slightly recolored) or the two new shaders from end of match yet? I've only seen the class items dropping, outside of the blindsight armor.

Dammit Robinson! He steals kills and takes emblems too!

I sure did get it, it was at 10-0. I did no such thing as stealing though :)

I'm sure Truth and Thunderlord would drop from engrams, but Heavy engrams never drop. I got Year 2 Truth and Thunderlord from NFs, which I don't think can drop Red Death or Bad Juju.

Red Death can at least drop elsewhere. If you didn't get Bad Juju in Year 1, you're shit out of luck.
i got my Year 2 Thunderlord drop from a Legendary Engram............... 2 hours after that I had bought a Year 2 one from the Bluprints hahahahaha

Damn I still have 3 Nightfalls to do this week (1 on the box). Anything to get Jade Rabbit!

I also want to get the Trials Scout.

Signed up for the100 xbox group to do Hard Daughters and Oryx @ 530 CST, assuming the group fills up.

Emouse

I suppose heavy engrams are rarer because there's only two weapons that they could possibly be as the others are quest based, sucks about juju though, glad I got mine in Y1

Guess I'll have to keep grinding PoE and hoping for a RD drop

i got my Year 2 Thunderlord drop from a Legendary Engram............... 2 hours after that I had bought a Year 2 one from the Bluprints hahahahaha

Should have put exotic in front of that. Yeah, you can definitely get lucky with a legendary engram.

I got my Thunderlord from the NF the day after buying one from the kiosk.

Wait what's the strangers rifle quest?!

Pretty sure that is "just" the quest to do the last vanilla story mission and get the rifle as a drop?

Sorry - the quest they are referring to is the quest to get "no time to explain" the year 2 exotic based on the strangers rifle.

There is also an old quest in the abandoned quest log to do the original vanilla story mission - they are not linked (i.e. you dont have to do the old one to get the new one)

Kyne

fig just made me realize heavy exotic engrams never drop..

bah. There's still no word on the timegated Y2 exotics either. Kind of depressing.

Top Bottom