• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT36| Fifty Shades of TTK

Watching triplewreck and he looks so down, I don't think he's really enjoying Destiny anymore

He needs to play with Macello more:

bH4FDUD.png

Bogeypop

Reminder to send me a PM to get on the Black Spindle help Waiting List. I'll be starting up runs again in the next hour or so.

By playing meaning watching you stream it. I'll join.

I'll see you there
N2pymBg.jpg

It does. It also has a mode built in where the harder difficulty you play. You will go against certain enemies that are really hard to beat. You have a better chance of getting really good drops. Kind of like Diablo in a sense.

This pleases me greatly.
72Pa2tk.png

Ikkarus

Nova bombs, how do they work?

yN4kYe.gif

Good run again today Akai and Ikkarus. Loads of Mercury runs again this week, still think the current Pulse + Sniper camp meta is shit.
A pleasure as always Tears. :)

Those hunters who kept going invisible were a particular delight to beat on our way to the lighthouse and the same for those two sunbreakers who kept camping for every round only to surface when the capture point appeared and pop their supers.

I still haven't fully adjusted to the Y2 PVP meta but I did enjoy this little snippet from yesterday with EJ and Gong:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=03AAS-FSBKM

lt519

Is Will of Light a hidden perk on all the raid weapons? In Tower Ghost it shows all my raid weapons as having it but it doesn't show in the normal Bungie page. Never knew they had that bonus damage to Taken.

Edit: oh shit its the first perk in the weapon tree...wow oblivious, no wonder the HMG wrecks in the Sisters and Oryx stages.

Mindlog

Remember when I went off about the weapon parts when the day the patch hit? So salty that I ended up banned. Most people seemed like they didn't think it was a big deal because they were sitting on a pile. Seems the numbers are finally catching up to everyone.
I thought the change was pretty dumb as well. Whatever their intentions were it just ended up meaning I am abandoning more weapons and infusing less. I had 3 or 4 marginal weapons I wanted to try out (Dealbreakers and whatnots) but the cost to upgrade them just isn't worthwhile. Similarly I stopped infusing every exotic weapon that can drop and I'll just wait for a 310+ version to fall somewhere. Despite all the conserving on my end I am still more limited by weapon parts than I am exotic shards. That's funny to me.

PS: The faction exotic shard upgrade requirement is stupid.
PPS: Future War Clowns have the best exotic class items.

A pleasure as always Tears. :)

Those hunters who kept going invisible were a particular delight to beat on our way to the lighthouse and the same for those two sunbreakers who kept camping for every round only to surface when the capture point appeared and pop their supers.

I still haven't fully adjusted to the Y2 PVP meta but I did enjoy this little snippet from yesterday with EJ and Gong:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=03AAS-FSBKM

Can't see it on mobile but I guess that is the farmville Y2 video ;)

Xeyark

Unconfirmed Member
Never got the scout, but the HMG is amazing especially with a good second perk. Very useful against solar enemies in a lot of high end content. Being able to empty a clip, switch to your primary, then 5 seconds later switch back to the HMG and have it fully loaded is absolutely amazing. The cocoon perk is an amazing perk for Heavy Weapons.

Rocket Launcher is hit or miss depending on the perk you get, I had one with cluster bombs and it was fantastic for mob control. But better than any other generic RL? meh.

Edit: Cocoon is such an underrated perk. Anyone ever run with all three raid weapons and never have to reload. It's fantastic.

My Heavy MG has Persistence, Rocket Launcher has Cluster bombs and Scout has eye of the storm.

LTWood12

I thought the change was pretty dumb as well. Whatever their intentions were it just ended up meaning I am abandoning more weapons and infusing less. I had 3 or 4 marginal weapons I wanted to try out (Dealbreakers and whatnots) but the cost to upgrade them just isn't worthwhile. Similarly I stopped infusing every exotic weapon that can drop and I'll just wait for a 310+ version to fall somewhere. Despite all the conserving on my end I am still more limited by weapon parts than I am exotic shards. That's funny to me.

PS: The faction exotic shard upgrade requirement is stupid.
PPS: Future War Clowns have the best exotic class items.

Yeah it's ridiculous. I have at least 10 300+ weapons in my vault I'm saving to infuse into other things. I just need more shitty blue weapons to dismantle for parts! So fucking backwards. I'm to the point of buying exotics for 2,500 glimmer and dismantling them.

phen0m24

snipadeedoodah

And I'll echo Byron (pour one out for Cosmos Man) that it would be fantastic if there were more 6 person activities.

What if there were big boss battles not as high level as raids but on the planets? 6 man missions? Just a chance for more people to do those activities in groups and getting crazy.

Like Court with more people, which is always fun

Patrol with 6 people! Take rotating shield cabal guy and drop him out in the world. Why not Skolas? More enemies, more shields, more firepower, more loot...
more fun

spyder_ur

Remember when I went off about the weapon parts when the day the patch hit? So salty that I ended up banned. Most people seemed like they didn't think it was a big deal because they were sitting on a pile. Seems the numbers are finally catching up to everyone.

As one of those who didn't think it was a big deal and then went to upgrade a gun last week and have been managing parts ever since, yeah you were right. Still a relatively minor annoyance but it must be said that LT is the wisest, bravest guardian that ever lived. Now please ban him again before his ego gets too big.

DarKshodaN

Never got the scout, but the HMG is amazing especially with a good second perk. Very useful against solar enemies in a lot of high end content. Being able to empty a clip, switch to your primary, then 5 seconds later switch back to the HMG and have it fully loaded is absolutely amazing. The cocoon perk is an amazing perk for Heavy Weapons.

Rocket Launcher is hit or miss depending on the perk you get, I had one with cluster bombs and it was fantastic for mob control. But better than any other generic RL? meh.

Edit: Cocoon is such an underrated perk. Anyone ever run with all three raid weapons and never have to reload. It's fantastic.

Is the Cocoon perk working on the Rocketlauncher, got a 313 one,i never got ammo back on this thing

For anyone curious. I did some bad math here:

Assuming your raid boss has a 25% chance of dropping the item you want, and then a 10% chance of dropping it at max light level. You have a 2.5% chance of getting the item you want.

After 6ish month of raiding, you might have half of a full set:

vz3tRgQ.jpg

*Created with excels randbetween function.

lt519

Patrol with 6 people! Take rotating shield cabal guy and drop him out in the world. Why not Skolas? More enemies, more shields, more firepower, more loot...
more fun

I'd love to see Patrols where each area has truly random modifiers with a set of elite mobs. Defeating elite mobs gives a chance at some good loot drops. Make it a heroic patrol select-able form the director. Each area has a high level ultra from the game protected by majors. Run into The Divide and all the sudden it's grounded, void burn, and juggler and Sardok appears with a bunch of major Knights and Wizards with him. You die enough times you get kicked to orbit or reset the area. It'd be more Diablo III-esque in that people would do Patrol runs. Going to the Earth, visiting each area, dumping back to the director and then doing Earth again or running another planet. Create glimmer penalties for dying in these runs but amp up the rewards so there is some risk for failing but you get handsomely rewarded for that tough encounter.

Is the Cocoon perk working on the Rocketlauncher, got a 313 one,i never got ammo back on this thing

I think the cocoon perk in general is a little glitched? If I have no ammo for my HMG and then pick up ammo, I have to switch to it then switch off of it to get it to process. I think it triggers on putting the weapon away.

phen0m24

I'd love to see Patrols where each area has random modifiers with a set of elite mobs. Defeating elite mobs gives a chance at some good loot drops. Make it a heroic patrol select-able form the director. Each area has a high level ultra from the game protected by majors. Run into The Divide and all the sudden it's grounded, void burn, and juggler and Sardok appears with a bunch of major Knights and Wizards with him. You die enough times you get kicked to orbit or reset the area. It'd be more Diablo III-esque in that people would do Patrol runs. Going to the Earth, visiting each area, dumping back to the director and then doing Earth again or running another planet.

I think the cocoon perk in general is a little glitched? If I have no ammo for my HMG and then pick up ammo, I have to switch to it then switch off of it to get it to process. I think it triggers on putting the weapon away.

If they did guild wars lvl world bosses I would cry tears of joy.

Bungie you reading this? ;)

DarKshodaN

Yeah i bet it's glitched,i will try what you posted maybe it works then,thanks!

MrDaravon

God damn it lol. Literally all I'm waiting on at this point is for Eva to sell the Winterborn Mark. HM Raid and how it's handled was the final straw for the last of my friends, I only have one IRL friend that kinda sorta plays, everyone else dropped it. If I could buy emblems using bnet I could just uninstall it now, I'm gonna need room when Fallout hits anyway.

E92 M3

If I were Bungie, I'd be really happy there are people that get so angry and passionate about my game. The moment everyone stops caring is when they should be scared.

Trakan

edit: okay in retrospect I'm asking a lot and I'm sure this isn't as easy to do as "boom" but even a little bit on this list would be a huge step forward. We just need some kind of indication that Bungie will take action sooner than later. They said they wanted to be more involved with stuff like this and I think a lot of us are still burnt from the year 1 Handcannon-meta that lasted for half a year.

I feel like we haven't had a patch in a while. When the state of the game is like it currently is, we need a weekly patch fixing things. They've been a lot faster lately than they were in Y1, but how are crucible drops not fixed yet? They announced that it was a "rather nasty bug" like weeks ago now.

Top Bottom