• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT36| Fifty Shades of TTK

soultron

Banned
My biggest wish for Destiny is that Bungie would add the ability to build loadouts for your characters. You could select the subclass+perks, gear+perks, etc.

I've been caught out several times now because I had the wrong gun or armor, the wrong subclass, or the wrong perks on either/both.

I'm working on an article with UI comps right now that remaps the DPAD entirely. I'll share it here once I'm done. It's really time consuming because of the design that actually goes into thinking everything out and then doing the UI mock ups.

Basic crux is that DPAD is mapped as:
UP - Emote wheel. 8 emotes. 4 legacy are left in same directions. 4 new on the diagonals.
RIGHT - Subclass wheel. Change between your 3 subs at will, still face super bar switching penalty though.
DOWN - Consumables. 8 slots. Can use ammo synths from here, glimmer++ items, etc.
LEFT - Loadouts. Change between 3 loadouts, still face ammo switching penalties.

Control input is: Hold [DPAD DIRECTION] + [RS] to navigate + hold [R2/RT/fire button mapping] to confirm selection.

I wanted to do Hold [L1/LB] but that's reserved for raiding items, like Cleansing, IIRC.

Hope that sounds exciting. I'm sure it's been thought of before, but I'm actually doing some of the visualization work, from all places the design touches, such as the Menu, how to define Loadouts, what the radial menus look like, etc.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
My biggest wish for Destiny is that Bungie would add the ability to build loadouts for your characters. You could select the subclass+perks, gear+perks, etc.

I've been caught out several times now because I had the wrong gun or armor, the wrong subclass, or the wrong perks on either/both.

Have you checked out Tower Ghost plugin for web browsers? You can setup loadouts and other things which is ideal.

ich00

Gonna throw this out there and see if anyone will be around:

King's Fall HM from the jumping puzzle before the sisters!

This will be my first HM Oryx kill and need 5 to help out around 9:30est on PS4.

1. ichabod00

I don't get to play a ton so it took me a couple weeks to save up 49 weapon parts...only to have Eris request 50 for the Malice quest. Had to break down a gun just to get deeper in the hole.

By the time I get the thing I won't even be able to level it up.

Spindle Group #8(?) Complete. No PMs in my inbox. If you'd like help obtaining your very own Black Spindle send me a PM and I will help you immediately as there's no one on the waiting list.

PSA: If you send me PMs via mobile please put something in the Title/Subject line as it won't get sent otherwise for some reason.

Thanks!! Much appreciate it <3 Did it faaaast

Another new weapon I won't be able to upgrade in a thousand years thanks to not having weapons parts. The nerf seriously hurt the more passive/casual players that can only play a few hours a week., like me. Sigh Bungie. Really loved when they changed it to better with 2.0.

Bogeypop

Spindle Group #9 or 10(?) Complete. Waiting list is empty for the time being. About 90% of the PMs are asking if I'll be available in the evening, lol. Anyone who is available now please send me a PM and let's get you that little Black Spindle rascal. Isn't he something?

PSA: If you send me a PM via mobile it won't get sent unless you put something in the Title/Subject line for some reason.

EWZJ2ik.jpg

Since everyone is posting about personal stuff today, we got the results from our anatomy ultrasound and my baby is a boy! I'm going to have a son! Now to figure out a name...

what-would-be-cooler.gif

noomi

Since everyone is posting about personal stuff today, we got the results from our anatomy ultrasound and my baby is a boy! I'm going to have a son! Now to figure out a name...

what-would-be-cooler.gif

Congrats! :D

My wife and I also recently found out that we are having a boy. Noomi Jr. due in April 2016

Soon... we will be the dads of destiny!

Bogeypop

Congrats! :D

My wife and I also recently found out that we are having a boy. Noomi Jr. due in April 2016

Soon... we will be the dads of destiny!

Raise them right so they'll be ready for Destiny 7: The Return of the Death of Fallen Atheon Secret Son of Oryx Daughter to the Stranger Part 4

CQC timed burst. Unfortunately they were too good at that AND had too long a range while shotguns were useless.. so now they've switched with shotguns. Fusion Rifles can still be ok in PvE but since switching weapons mid-mission/strike/raid effectively punishes you by taking away ammo people would rather stick to sniper rifles since you can generally hit harder with them and nearly always have the space to use them comfortably during boss fights.

shotguns were never useless. slide + shotgun was all over the place in the alpha and beta, and people were blinking with it before fusions were nerfed. but fusions were just too good, as you said, so they were the "in" thing when the game launched. a nerf should have brought them in line together.... but i think shotguns were buffed before the felwinter's archetype came out

:|

FStop7

Banned
Spindle Group #9 or 10(?) Complete. Waiting list is empty for the time being. About 90% of the PMs are asking if I'll be available in the evening, lol. Anyone who is available now please send me a PM and let's get you that little Black Spindle rascal. Isn't he something?

PSA: If you send me a PM via mobile it won't get sent unless you put something in the Title/Subject line for some reason.

PM sent

Deku Tree

Is the skull mask rare? I got it in my free package along with Crota. I don't even like it.

Skull only drops as a legendary. Thus can only get it from RNG your first free package, or from the Tess packages for silver. If you pay then it's not that rare. The tess packages are supposed to probably give you something that you don't already have.

what-would-be-cooler.gif

Congrats! My wife and I are expecting our first child, also a boy, November 5th. Expecting heavy sleep nerf.

Haha. Thanks everyone. This is my actually second. My daughter arrived 4 months before Destiny Vanilla came out. A weird sleep schedule from bottle feeding actually gels well with Destiny. ("Hmm... It's 10pm now. Gotta feed the baby at 3am. I bet I can finish the Vault on my main and my alt by then....")

If I were Bungie, I'd be really happy there are people that get so angry and passionate about my game. The moment everyone stops caring is when they should be scared.

Yeah but now there seems to be more options with how to spend your time, and I am finding this game to be less appealing.

Finally finished the raid with my buddy and his clan last night from start to finish. Got the following:

• 300 - Doom of Chelchis
  • 310 - Midha's Reckoning
  • 305 - Kingslayer Shell
  • 307 - War Numen's Mark
  • 310 - Scroll of Eimin-Tin
  • Kingsbane Emblem
  • Vena Cava shader
Up to 302 light! So happy.

ocean

Banned
Yo. Master's thesis done.

Supervisor who checked it liked it so much he wants me to consider joining him on a research project / doctorate to flesh out my findings more rigorously. I don't think I will (I have some things I have to take care of, gotta think about my happiness project) but I'm flattered the dude liked my stuff so much.

Get (academically) hyped.

ocean

Banned
shotguns were never useless. slide + shotgun was all over the place in the alpha and beta, and people were blinking with it before fusions were nerfed. but fusions were just too good, as you said, so they were the "in" thing when the game launched. a nerf should have brought them in line together.... but i think shotguns were buffed before the felwinter's archetype came out

:|
Launch was a beautiful time of shotgun+melee with Invective-tier impact shotties. The game would be infinitely better if that were the max impact shotties had, but with a slightly better crit modifier.

Basically I'd like to see shotguns be a 2 shot if you're at current shotty range, and add in some skill by requiring a crit for the 1HK. With FRs having wider cones and lower range now, quick shotguns would be viable. And we wouldn't be playing a game where every death had a kill time of fucking 0.0s because it was a 1 shot.

Nothus

Got two spaces for HM raid if anyone is interested. We are at the totems ready to go so just message me.

id is Nothus.

Supervisor who checked it liked it so much he wants me to consider joining him on a research project / doctorate to flesh out my findings more rigorously. I don't think I will (I have some things I have to take care of, gotta think about my happiness project) but I'm flattered the dude liked my stuff so much.

Congrats! Great accomplishment. May your future endeavors deliver great drops.

- J - D -

Congrats. What is your field of study if you don't mind me asking.

it is

if you're tying the enemies shoe.

Have to be practically stepping on their feet.

I'm working on an article with UI comps right now that remaps the DPAD entirely. I'll share it here once I'm done. It's really time consuming because of the design that actually goes into thinking everything out and then doing the UI mock ups.

Basic crux is that DPAD is mapped as:
UP - Emote wheel. 8 emotes. 4 legacy are left in same directions. 4 new on the diagonals.
RIGHT - Subclass wheel. Change between your 3 subs at will, still face super bar switching penalty though.
DOWN - Consumables. 8 slots. Can use ammo synths from here, glimmer++ items, etc.
LEFT - Loadouts. Change between 3 loadouts, still face ammo switching penalties.

Control input is: Hold [DPAD DIRECTION] + [RS] to navigate + hold [R2/RT/fire button mapping] to confirm selection.

I wanted to do Hold [L1/LB] but that's reserved for raiding items, like Cleansing, IIRC.

Hope that sounds exciting. I'm sure it's been thought of before, but I'm actually doing some of the visualization work, from all places the design touches, such as the Menu, how to define Loadouts, what the radial menus look like, etc.

We need this bad really bad.

Opening the slow ass menus to pop a synth or change weapons on the fly just does not work.

Top Bottom