• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT36| Fifty Shades of TTK

Nothus

Posting for new page. Got two spaces free on HM KF. We're at the totems checkpoint.

Message me if interested, PSN is Nothus.

Ghazi

I know it's a little early, but would anyone be interested in a newbie raid on Thursday night? It can be any of the three. Thinking about doing this every Thursday night, gauging interest.

th3dude

I know it's a little early, but would anyone be interested in a newbie raid on Thursday night? It can be any of the three. Thinking about doing this every Thursday night, gauging interest.

I'd be interested in a King's Fall newbie raid. Still haven't done it :(

Thank you sir!

Finance :)

Sooooo how easy would it be for end to get a £100,000,000,000 loan of which I can take out multiple other loans to pay for said loan using fake ID's and then runaway to my secret island without paying a penny back and scamming a whole load of people until the financial market collapsed?

Congrats :p

I've already run King's Fall but, would do it again as I'm still a noob to it.

- J - D -

Very nice :)

Ooh ooh me me. I've never done the first two raids. I've done Kings Fall once but it'd be nice to get everything down. Thursday nights are perfect for me.

Bogeypop

Reminder to send me PMs if you're available within the next 2 hours and need help obtaining a Black Spindle.

PSA: Include a Title/Subject Line if sending a PM via mobile as it won't get sent otherwise for some reason.

LTWood12

"Help". Let me know if I should bring the version of myself that went 14-1 or the version that went 1-6 in the very next game.

I should be around but I might not be your ticket to where you wanna go.

I just want at least a shot at getting to 7 for the Scout.

We've basically had 5 meta's now - 6 if you count the meta in the alpha and beta.

June - July 2014: Auto Rifles + whatever you wanted on the side
September - October 2014: Auto Rifles + Fusion Rifles (including Mythoclast)
November 2014: Brief period where Scouts and Legendary HCs were in demand
December 2014 - April 2015: Exotic Hand Cannons + Shotguns
May 2015 - August 2015: Exotic Hand Cannons, Pulse Rifles, Final Rounds Snipers and Felwinter Shotguns
September 2015 - Now Pulse Rifles, Felwinter Shotguns, high aim assist Snipers

So everything except Sidearms has had a spot in the limelight at this point. We went through all of the primaries, and from specials we went from OP fusions to OP shotguns to OP snipers with OP shotguns on the side.

For Heavies, Machine Guns ruled in the Alpha and Beta and House of Wolves is when Rockets completely took over the spot because of Grenades and Horsehoes rerolling, but there was a good balance without it.

LTWood12

We've basically had 5 meta's now - 6 if you count the meta in the alpha and beta.

October - November 2014: Brief period where Scouts and Legendary HCs were in demand
May 2015 - August 2015: Exotic Hand Cannons, Pulse Rifles, Final Rounds Snipers and Felwinter Shotguns

So everything except Sidearms has had a spot in the limelight at this point. We went through all of the primaries, and from specials we went from OP fusions to OP shotguns to OP snipers with OP shotguns on the side.

For Heavies, Machine Guns ruled in the Alpha and Beta and House of Wolves is when Rockets completely took over the spot because of Grenades and Horsehoes rerolling, but there was a good balance without it.

Which meta was your favorite?

E92 M3

October - November 2014: Brief period where Scouts and Legendary HCs were in demand

May to August was a lot of fun and felt quite varied. Miss those days.

ocean

Banned
Sooooo how easy would it be for end to get a £100,000,000,000 loan of which I can take out multiple other loans to pay for said loan using fake ID's and then runaway to my secret island without paying a penny back and scamming a whole load of people until the financial market collapsed?

Congrats :p

Which meta was your favorite?
October - November: Hand Cannons were beautiful but Thorn wasn't buffed and SUROS/Vex had calmed the fuck down. Ayy those were the days.

Posting this I made from over on Reddit:
https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyThe...u_will_never_be_max_light_level_and_ill_show/

So, I decided to do some math and figure out how exactly the new "Forever 29" thing was going to play out. The following data uses a few assumptions, some of which I put into Bungie's Favor, as I didn't know exact numbers.

In the data below, the following was assumed:

The Max Light Level will increase in 4 months (or approx 18 weeks). This is based off the release schedule of year 1.
All items in the Raid have a 50% drop rate (obviously, they don't. Some items are in more than 1 loot pool)
An item has a 10% chance to drop at max light level. This means you have a 10% chance of a 50% chance to get a max light level item in any given slot.
You're only means of Max Light Level gear is from the raid
So on to the data.

This is template for a single player in the equation. Basically, every they get one roll at each slot every week. If that Roll is a 1-5, then they hit a jackpot and got Max LL item. An "O" is flagged at the bottom to show that a Max LL item in this category has been obtained. If after 18 weeks, a player has obtained 1 max LL item for each category, they have hit Max LL and their "X" becomes and "O".

Fmnf8N2.png

Now, These markers carry over to this template here:

2SC3Vcr.png

What you'll notice is that in 20 cases, 0 players will have reached max light level.

Obviously, 20 isn't enough for a solid statistic, so I ran it multiple times. Out of 2000 players, only 12 players reached max light level. Or 0.006%.

Again, obviously some of this is bad data and doesn't match the actual drop rates in game, but I'd like to think I've been generous with the possibilities.

If anyone is curious about the excel functions.

The basic attempts are used as =RandBetween(1, 100).

Conditionals were =IF(OR(Attempt1<DropRatePercentage, Attempt2<DropRatePercentage, etc...

So what this means, is that yes, we are back to the Forever 29 scenario. You will never be max light level.

Lastly, there are obviously other ways to get Max Light Level items, and that is great, but considering all of them are also on weekly 1-time resets, your odds are still terrible.

Afrocious

Re: oceans post

Yeah I'm debating about grad school.

I don't think I need to go, but life's pretty unfulfilling just working. I am making the motions to do more for my own happiness though.

I also don't dig being a dev despite my chill workplace

johnathon_gat

Neo Member
After a weekend filled with Destiny I'm a level 30 warlock! Is it recommended to do VoG or Dark Below before level 40 - or will most parties just deny lower levels?

If anybody is rolling up a group for either of those raids and don't mind mentoring, please add me: BanBros on XB1

Is it not possible to get one from the Gold tier trials bounty?
The legendary items from the gold package drop 300-310. Only the exotics out of the silver and gold can drop higher, or the primaries (and exotics) from the lighthouse. Of course, all three of my items out of the gold package were 300 anyway, and they were garbage: artifact, ghost, and auto. :(

Someone on Reddit is claiming they got the Beetle emblem past nine wins (EJRobinson said he got his at 10.) That emblem might actually be better than the flawless emblem!

Forgot to post it last night, got another ticket to the lighthouse and ended up getting a 320 trials pulse, I'm still pretty happy about it :p

LTWood12

1. November 2014
2. A G E O F S U R O S
3. Alpha/Beta
4. Week before TTK came out when 2.0 hit

Ah November 2014. When that beautiful bastard Lord Saladin sold the elusive light level 30 boots. I was able to purchase them about ten minutes before reset, finally breaking out of #forever 29 (light level 33 vendor gear would be sold for marks in a mere two weeks).

I do remember having a lot of fun in the PVP back then when I did jump in.
Shadow Price
Light/Beware
The Swarm
That combo felt really damn good.

phen0m24

Since everyone is posting about personal stuff today, we got the results from our anatomy ultrasound and my baby is a boy! I'm going to have a son! Now to figure out a name...

what-would-be-cooler.gif

Congrats John!

I got 2 more twenty one pilots tickets today for the 2nd Madison Square Garden show so I'm ecstatic

Man, people on Reddit are dumb.

I don't like asking, but if some of you wouldn't mind tossing an upvote here: https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyThe...u_will_never_be_max_light_level_and_ill_show/

I go through this whole thing about how impossible it is to reach 320 via the raid, and people just answer "Well obviously you didn't take Trials into consideration, and that makes it way easier..."

Its pointless trying to argue anything on Reddit, its a hive mind filled with Bungie Shills

Top Bottom