• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT36| Fifty Shades of TTK

Its pointless trying to argue anything on Reddit, its a hive mind filled with Bungie Shills

It's frustrating when you try to get certain information out to the masses, only to be downvoted by a couple of anecdotal stories right off the bat. Meaning your entire effort is dead on arrival...

FStop7

Banned
Spindle Group #9 or 10(?) Complete. Waiting list is empty for the time being. About 90% of the PMs are asking if I'll be available in the evening, lol. Anyone who is available now please send me a PM and let's get you that little Black Spindle rascal. Isn't he something?

PSA: If you send me a PM via mobile it won't get sent unless you put something in the Title/Subject line for some reason.

Spindle GET, thanks! That was awesome.

FStop7

Banned
I'm working on an article with UI comps right now that remaps the DPAD entirely. I'll share it here once I'm done. It's really time consuming because of the design that actually goes into thinking everything out and then doing the UI mock ups.

Basic crux is that DPAD is mapped as:
UP - Emote wheel. 8 emotes. 4 legacy are left in same directions. 4 new on the diagonals.
RIGHT - Subclass wheel. Change between your 3 subs at will, still face super bar switching penalty though.
DOWN - Consumables. 8 slots. Can use ammo synths from here, glimmer++ items, etc.
LEFT - Loadouts. Change between 3 loadouts, still face ammo switching penalties.

Control input is: Hold [DPAD DIRECTION] + [RS] to navigate + hold [R2/RT/fire button mapping] to confirm selection.

I wanted to do Hold [L1/LB] but that's reserved for raiding items, like Cleansing, IIRC.

Hope that sounds exciting. I'm sure it's been thought of before, but I'm actually doing some of the visualization work, from all places the design touches, such as the Menu, how to define Loadouts, what the radial menus look like, etc.

This would be a massive improvement to say the least.

It's frustrating when you try to get certain information out to the masses, only to be downvoted by a couple of anecdotal stories right off the bat. Meaning your entire effort is dead on arrival...

It's clearly what you deserve for shattering their blissful dreams of achieving 320.

Honestly, though, it's somewhat heartening to see it explained through numbers.

soultron

Banned
We need this bad really bad.

Opening the slow ass menus to pop a synth or change weapons on the fly just does not work.

Well, it's easier said than done. The UI team at Bungie might have their own constraints (UI and menus need memory too!) or design goals with respect to simplicity/accessibility.

I'll post it up here (it'll be on my portfolio site's blog) for you guys to read.

If you spot anything heinous/conflicting with existing mechanics, be sure to let me know.

I've got the groundwork done, but it should be ready in a week or two. Lots of photoshop work to do for the comps/mock ups.

Damn man. I don't know what it is but Destiny just doesn't feel as good to me anymore. I'm not enjoying myself as much as I'd like. There was feeling I had while playing Year one but I'm not feeling it any more. The Raid isnt as inspired as VoG which is so amazing and there are some serious issues.

I really think I'm done until Destiny 2 comes out or some friends hop on, or at least until next summer cuz that's what I did with Destiny 1. Took a break around this time and then came back in May.

I just don't see this game in this state giving me those Year 1 moments anymore.

E92 M3

A G E O F S U R O S was the best PVP time ever.

Autorifles are so boring thoughhhhhh.

Hand cannons for life.

From reddit lol

BovMjYl.jpg

Fresh HM Kingsfall - Starts 6pm est
I've never done this before so newbies and vets are both welcome! I just want to go only through the Daughters and leave Oryx until I get better gear.

1)Pandora012
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)

X-Frame

Can someone familiar with Flashbangs in PvP help me out in determining what scenarios cause a full white screen blinding and what just will remove radar for a few seconds?

I've seen an explanation that the enemy needs to sustain 100 damage or more from the Flashbang (maximum damage is 170) in order for the full-blown white screen stunning.

Then even if you see a 1 damage, they are at least affected and have no radar for a few seconds.

Is that all true though? I need to test more but often times I just hit someone with a Flashbang and good damage only for them to see me coming when I try to flank. Maybe I need to work on that more ..

We've basically had 5 meta's now - 6 if you count the meta in the alpha and beta.

June - July 2014: Auto Rifles + whatever you wanted on the side
September - October 2014: Auto Rifles + Fusion Rifles (including Mythoclast)
November 2014: Brief period where Scouts and Legendary HCs were in demand
December 2014 - April 2015: Exotic Hand Cannons + Shotguns
May 2015 - August 2015: Exotic Hand Cannons, Pulse Rifles, Final Rounds Snipers and Felwinter Shotguns
September 2015 - Now Pulse Rifles, Felwinter Shotguns, high aim assist Snipers

So everything except Sidearms has had a spot in the limelight at this point. We went through all of the primaries, and from specials we went from OP fusions to OP shotguns to OP snipers with OP shotguns on the side.

For Heavies, Machine Guns ruled in the Alpha and Beta and House of Wolves is when Rockets completely took over the spot because of Grenades and Horsehoes rerolling, but there was a good balance without it.

May 2015 - August 2015 was when I had the most fun with PvP, even finished the Thorn Bounty then.

Its why I avoid reddit. Its just this echo chamber that encourages shutting out dissenting voices. No room for discourse. Its a shame Bungie listens to them, theyre just lap dogs.

See, inside of all the little quirks from year one that we ragged on about there was a story of some kind. Now, there isn't which is either a good thing depending on how you look at it or a disappointing thing.

ocean

Banned
Anyone wanna run a low-expectation Trials passage for bounties? I'm no longer good enough to be competitive but I want to play a bit.

Sai-kun

Banned
I forgot to post a shoutout to Jafku and Inapplicable for helping me get my Black Spindle :) Now if only I could get some exotic shards to help infuse it...

lmfao fuk u bungle!!!

Luis_23

Fresh HM Kingsfall - Starts when we have people.

I've never done this before so newbies and vets are both welcome! I just want to go only through the Daughters and leave Oryx until I get better gear.

1)Pandora012
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)

I'm interested, but I won't be home until about 530 CST. So, if you still need people by then, I'd like to join. I've done HM already up to Oryx.

Not going to bother with Trials anymore. Once you get to 5 or 6 wins you face the laggiest teams on the planet. I'd rather do an Oryx HM marathon at this point.

gatti-man

Gave you an up vote.

While I disagree that it's a huge issue to never be 320 the double RNG sucks ass and to dismiss your numbers with "LOL trials" is idiotic. Just because you have a tiny chance to get a 311-320 exotic from one bounty per character does not influence your numbers at all. I never even saw one drop and I had 2 exotics drop personally both were 310 and I was 313&314 at the time.

Reddit just does that sometimes. Their positivity is awesome except when it blinds them.

Its why I avoid reddit. Its just this echo chamber that encourages shutting out dissenting voices. No room for discourse. Its a shame Bungie listens to them, theyre just lap dogs.

No they are critical of some issues but not the 320 thing. They are more casual and get mad at gallahorn only clubs or people that use things to exclude others. They criticize Bungie over the one day window missions and PVP weekly bounties being arduous. They are for sure less critical than neogaf but honestly if I was Bungie and saw the OTs on neogafs front page I wouldn't listen to us either. Here though, hopefully they are silent watchers. In the community thread it's much better.

It's not lag they're just better!

Kappa

You're right, they're better in lagging than me ;)
If the loot was ok, it might've given it another try but there's nothing out there for me to keep me going.

The majority of SoM will retire from Trials, the fun is gone. Not only the lag but this whole meta.

Was reading up on the Wolfsgrin emblem to see why I don't have it and apparently if your emblems were full when you finished the Nightfall quest you are SOL. Well that blows. Now I have to do that on another character to get the emblem. Apparently they can fix the emblem bugs on already released content (like PoE or the raids) but don't bother to make sure new content doesn't have the same issue.

You're right, they're better in lagging than me ;)
If the loot was ok, it might've given it another try but there's nothing out there for me to keep me going.

Haha. I was watching Tears stream. It was nonsense. The new MM should just be connection based. Who cares if someone gets carried to the lighthouse. This new system is clearly flawed when people who LOVE Trials don't even want to play it anymore.

Haha. I was watching Tears stream. It was nonsense. The new MM should just be connection based. Who cares if someone gets carried to the lighthouse. This new system is clearly flawed when people who LOVE Trials don't even want to play it anymore.
Bungie wants you to leave happy... but they don't want you have fun while you're here.

Top Bottom