• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT36| Fifty Shades of TTK

Someone on Reddit is claiming they got the Beetle emblem past nine wins (EJRobinson said he got his at 10.) That emblem might actually be better than the flawless emblem!

Yup got it at 10. Got so many messages where I got that emblem from.

Haha. I was watching Tears stream. It was nonsense. The new MM should just be connection based. Who cares if someone gets carried to the lighthouse. This new system is clearly flawed when people who LOVE Trials don't even want to play it anymore.

It's unacceptable that you get matched up with all red bars that teleport everywhere. No wonder they are on a high win streak. I loved Trials, but there's no fun anymore. Talked to my clanmates and several are backing out due to the lack of fun.

ocean

Banned
Ok so me and Fali are looking for 1 more for Trials.

I'm a scrub. He's a pro. Are you a scrub or a pro? Join us either way :) a_javierp

Theorry

The person who designed the First Curse quest and most of all the Imprecation gun needs to be fired from his job. Handcannons suck since TTK and then they give you the most terrible gun in the game to get 7 headshots in the Crucible. I am not a bad player imo but that quest is wanna make me cheese that part with someone in Rumble. A Quest should be fun and challenging. Not this.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Ok so me and Fali are looking for 1 more for Trials.

I'm a scrub. He's a pro. Are you a scrub or a pro? Join us either way :) a_javierp

You can be both.

MEb7jlh.jpg

Daily anyone?

Bogeypop

Looking for 1 more for a Black Spindle run. Anyone else please send me a PM only if you're available within the next 2 hours to get on the waiting list.

PSA: Include a Title/Subject line in your PM if you're using mobile otherwise it won't get sent for some reason.

Yup got it at 10. Got so many messages where I got that emblem from.

It's unacceptable that you get matched up with all red bars that teleport everywhere. No wonder they are on a high win streak. I loved Trials, but there's no fun anymore. Talked to my clanmates and several are backing out due to the lack of fun.

Yeah, I did a card with Drizz early Sat and he said Unstable just passed out after their normal three runs. The new PR Meta + MM = no fun Trials.

Yeah, I did a card with Drizz early Sat and he said Unstable just passed out after their normal three runs. The new PR Meta + MM = no fun Trials.

The whole picture is not right for me, others might like it. I used to have fun, now it's just laser tag with pulse rifles, ridiculous curving sniper bullets and lag. SoM will be playing TLoU next time Trials is around :)

So to be successful in Trials I just need to pulverize my connection with streaming stuff til my already crappy PS4 wifi sinks me into a red bar. Then just teleport around and profit?

Deku Tree

Posting this I made from over on Reddit:
https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyThe...u_will_never_be_max_light_level_and_ill_show/

So, I decided to do some math and figure out how exactly the new "Forever 29" thing was going to play out. The following data uses a few assumptions, some of which I put into Bungie's Favor, as I didn't know exact numbers.

In the data below, the following was assumed:

The Max Light Level will increase in 4 months (or approx 18 weeks). This is based off the release schedule of year 1.
All items in the Raid have a 50% drop rate (obviously, they don't. Some items are in more than 1 loot pool)
An item has a 10% chance to drop at max light level. This means you have a 10% chance of a 50% chance to get a max light level item in any given slot.
You're only means of Max Light Level gear is from the raid
So on to the data.

This is template for a single player in the equation. Basically, every they get one roll at each slot every week. If that Roll is a 1-5, then they hit a jackpot and got Max LL item. An "O" is flagged at the bottom to show that a Max LL item in this category has been obtained. If after 18 weeks, a player has obtained 1 max LL item for each category, they have hit Max LL and their "X" becomes and "O".

Fmnf8N2.png

Now, These markers carry over to this template here:

2SC3Vcr.png

What you'll notice is that in 20 cases, 0 players will have reached max light level.

Obviously, 20 isn't enough for a solid statistic, so I ran it multiple times. Out of 2000 players, only 12 players reached max light level. Or 0.006%.

Again, obviously some of this is bad data and doesn't match the actual drop rates in game, but I'd like to think I've been generous with the possibilities.

If anyone is curious about the excel functions.

The basic attempts are used as =RandBetween(1, 100).

Conditionals were =IF(OR(Attempt1<DropRatePercentage, Attempt2<DropRatePercentage, etc...

So what this means, is that yes, we are back to the Forever 29 scenario. You will never be max light level.

Lastly, there are obviously other ways to get Max Light Level items, and that is great, but considering all of them are also on weekly 1-time resets, your odds are still terrible.

What's the basis for this?

It's got to be tales from his guesswork.

I don't see them increasing LL without introducing a new end game activity.

Even good teams have to get their first win x.

Just faced another insane team back to back on with the free win card. It's a lot of insane teams 1st or 2nd games and that's exactly why they need ranking tiers. It's a bullshit matchmaking system that needs a HUGE improvement or it'll stay shit just like PvP is.

LTWood12

Thanks LT, it's at least better than the titan raid helm.

They're both Godawful. I've seen the thing drop the most in the 300 Sword strike version. In fact I think someone I've played with has gotten it all 5 or 6 of them I've done it. I got it yesterday from it.

The whole picture is not right for me, others might like it. I used to have fun, now it's just laser tag with pulse rifles, ridiculous curving sniper bullets and lag. SoM will be playing TLoU next time Trials is around :)

Yup. It's just...zap, zap, zap...reload...zap, zap, zap...reload. Say what you will about the previous meta, but the holy trinity HCs made for some fun and tense moments. Rene said it best this weekend, "Pulse Rifles just aren't fun to shoot".

Why would you want to hit max level in TTK anyway? Is there a secret quest at the end that gives you Year Two Gjallarhorn?

That carrot isn't worth chasing. At all.

Shiv47

Maybe too early to ask, but is anyone interested in running Oryx NM checkpoint tonight, maybe 9 EST or thereabouts? Just want to squeeze it in before the reset, and never got round to it this weekend. On PS4 (feels like I shouldn't have to specify that, but <shrugs>)

1) shiv2099
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)

Why would you want to hit max level in TTK anyway? Is there a secret quest at the end that gives you Year Two Gjallarhorn?

I agree. The new grind/chase is an endless one.

OT - How do you spec your Hunter? I can't decide if I like the invisibly or poison more. Do you go for max ability?

311+ is all that matters really so enemies at oryx aren't red and you can gaurantee 310 exotic decryption

maybe you could do the normal strat on hard if everyone was 315 I guess

LTWood12

I've got two characters at 313 and I'm perfectly happy not getting any higher. Just playing for fun now, though I do still need drops on my 308 Hunter.

When are we going to play Trials and me suck and you be good but also hate it and talk about the 87-88 Bad World Tour?

I've got two characters at 313 and I'm perfectly happy not getting any higher. Just playing for fun now, though I do still need drops on my 308 Hunter.

When are we going to play Trials and me suck and you be good but also hate it and talk about the 87-88 Bad World Tour?

When there are no Pulse Rifles on the scoreboard.

Or a map with smaller sightlines.

Maybe too early to ask, but is anyone interested in running Oryx NM checkpoint tonight, maybe 9 EST or thereabouts? Just want to squeeze it in before the reset, and never got round to it this weekend. On PS4 (feels like I shouldn't have to specify that, but <shrugs>)

1) shiv2099
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)

I'll help out

This map is trash. Trials matchmaking is trash. PvP is trash. It's all trash. Too bad I can't get a refund on my $20 of emotes. I regret that purchase now.

Was just talking to my brother about this yesterday. He plans on trying to get all 3 of his characters to 319-320. I told him he is stupid. He doesn't understand the concept of light levels and how he is fine at 315. I'm wondering how many other players out there are like him.

Was just talking to my brother about this yesterday. He plans on trying to get all 3 of his characters to 319-320. I told him he is stupid. He doesn't understand the concept of light levels and how he is fine at 315. I'm wondering how many other players out there are like him.

Well there's nothing inherently wrong with chasing the max level cap. If 320 was obtainable via steady progression like level 40 was (i.e. Grind all these tedious activities as much as you want and you'll hit 320), I'd probably do it. But time gates and RNG on top of that progression when being 320 doesn't make any significant difference?

giphy.gif

I'd imagine a lot, I just want to get my Hunter to 304 or something and that will be that.
I'm over chasing the light levels for essentially nothing, and the nerfing of all Black Spindles, even the infused/changed ones really turned me off to chasing most of the special weapons. I'll still go for the Warlock scout, but that's it.

Anyone want to run NF?

I'd imagine a lot, I just want to get my Hunter to 304 or something and that will be that.
I'm over chasing the light levels for essentially nothing, and the nerfing of all Black Spindles, even the infused/changed ones really turned me off to chasing most of the special weapons. I'll still go for the Warlock scout, but that's it.

Anyone want to run NF?

ME ME ME ME ME

PSN CthulhuSars

Deku Tree

Max level is 40. We are all max level.

Chasing max light level is nuts. And it is totally un-necessary. In fact there is only one encounter in the entire game where you substantially benefit from being over 310.

Top Bottom