• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT36| Fifty Shades of TTK

Pat_DC

Looking for 1 more for a Black Spindle run. Anyone else please send me a PM only if you're available within the next 2 hours to get on the waiting list.

PSA: Include a Title/Subject line in your PM if you're using mobile otherwise it won't get sent for some reason.

Thanks heaps Bogey! Another awesome example of how solid the DestinyGaf is, really appreciate you taking the time to sherpa us through that.

Also thanks to Appltez, even got the ship! Great start to my day.

Max level is 40. We are all max level.

Chasing max light level is nuts. And it is totally un-necessary. In fact there is only one encounter in the entire game where you substantially benefit from being over 310.

That's why i think Year One's system was more replayable. 20 was max level; 30 was max light level.

Once you hit 30, the Nightfall, Weekly, Daily, Iron Banner and entire Vault of Glass could kiss your ass. Chasing that level was worth it because being max level meant something.

Ya'll running the raid every week for drops to give you an insignificant boost to light for one part of the game you play once a week. It's one thing if all of the end-game was at 310-320, but it's just Oryx...

Owensboro

I'd imagine a lot, I just want to get my Hunter to 304 or something and that will be that.
I'm over chasing the light levels for essentially nothing, and the nerfing of all Black Spindles, even the infused/changed ones really turned me off to chasing most of the special weapons. I'll still go for the Warlock scout, but that's it.

Anyone want to run NF?

ME ME ME ME ME

PSN CthulhuSars

I've cleared to the first big room, want to join on me?

PSN: OwensboroEsq

Bogeypop

Black Spindle waiting list has dried up once again. Gonna take a break for now in that case and check back in an hour and a half or so. Send me those PMs to get on the Black Spindle help waiting list in the meantime.

PSA: Please include a Title/Subject line in your PM if sending via mobile otherwise it won't get sent for some reason.

Deku Tree

That's why i think Year One's system was more replayable. 20 was max level; 30 was max light level.

Once you hit 30, Atheon, Nightfall, Weekly, Daily and Iron Banner could kiss your ass. So chasing that level was worth the damage reduction.

Ya'll running the raid every week for drops to give you an insignificant boost to light for one part of the game you play once a week.

I run the raid each week because it's the most fun I've had in a video game in a long time. Drops are bonus.

Trakan

Max level is 40. We are all max level.

Chasing max light level is nuts. And it is totally un-necessary. In fact there is only one encounter in the entire game where you substantially benefit from being over 310.

Yeah and they made the Trials/Raid gear crap so I don't get what Bungie wants us to chase after.

There is literally nothing.

I'm only sweating the raid weapons I don't have yet. Once I get those at decent light levels I'll be content with just doing the main weekly activities going forward with 1 or 2 characters. I need to really start getting to these other games in my backlog. The only game I've beaten that's not Destiny since Destiny was released is the The Order, and mainly cause it was so short. Also, Fallout 4.

K_B

Is anyone doing a spindle run tonight and can take another? I haven't done mine yet. My psn is kbizzle724.

Once you hit 30, the Nightfall, Weekly, Daily, Iron Banner and entire Vault of Glass could kiss your ass. Chasing that level was worth it because being max level meant something.

Ya'll running the raid every week for drops to give you an insignificant boost to light for one part of the game you play once a week. It's one thing if all of the end-game was at 310-320, but it's just Oryx...

year one was hardly perfect

remember when people used to make 3 versions of hunter, warlock, titan? that shit was silly

What's the basis for this?

It's got to be tales from his guesswork.

I don't see them increasing LL without introducing a new end game activity.

There was approximately 18 weeks betwen Vanilla and Dark below (which increased the level cap), and between Dark Below and House of Wolves (which increased the level cap), and between House of Wolves and Taken King (which increased the level cap.

Trakan

There was approximately 18 weeks betwen Vanilla and Dark below (which increased the level cap), and between Dark Below and House of Wolves (which increased the level cap), and between House of Wolves and Taken King (which increased the level cap.

TDB was December 9th, less than 3 months after the launch of Destiny.

LTWood12

An informed hypothesis.

So my hunter is 289 and I want to complete the trials only. Any other 2 ppl wanna play casual trials for bounties?

If you're up for it later on tonight, I'd like to play. I want to finish these bounties tonight. There's still a few hours until I get home, but add me if you feel like trying it out later. PSN: GustyGardens

Yergi

Neo Member
Howdy dgaf,

I'm a RL friend of JohnOfMars (formerly EpyonMX) who's finally gotten their GAF account approved. Just wanted to say hi and share a gif of one of the shield brothers slamming me so hard I got the "Join Allies" prompt:

QuickGranularBergerpicard.gif

Dante316

If you're up for it later on tonight, I'd like to play. I want to finish these bounties tonight. There's still a few hours until I get home, but add me if you feel like trying it out later. PSN: GustyGardens

What time though? I can't play too much today due to very early work day tomorrow.

year one was hardly perfect

remember when people used to make 3 versions of hunter, warlock, titan? that shit was silly

The light system in Year Two is better than the light system in Year One, but I preferred Year One's chase because being max level meant being the same level as the enemies in the most challenging content. Daily, Nightfall, Weekly Heroic, Iron Banner, and even through TDB and HOW for Trials and Prison of Elders (minus Skolas).

You run the content for armor to make it easier to keep running it for the weapons, or you run the content for the weapons that are powerful so you can keep running it for the armor. Yea we ran it because it was fun to play with friends, but even when it wasn't, that incentive was still there.

I hope not. The time between TDB and HoW was far too long.

I think you're missing the point of that 1 sentence of a much larger post.

All I was saying is that the game is constantly progressing, and the odds are that whatever the max light level is now, it'll likely be increased within a few months. Thus, there is no reason to calculate attempts at loot beyond 18 weeks, since at that point players will have to start all over and work towards a new max.

Used to? Bruh I'm running 3 Hunters right now because I was getting fuck all from the Oryx raid when I had just one.

Yea you can still run alts and swap your armor over for an extra chance at getting better drops every week. Doesn't really entice me though.

having to buy the boons on the card is so fucking stupid.
i always forget it. why can we not just buy at the guy so nobody forgets it?
you still have to go and get a new card anyway.

and why can't we buy them after round 1?

You do know you can infuse armor across character classes right ? :p

But he'd have to level up the other classes to get higher level drops. If you brought a 28 into Vault of Glass, you'd still get Light 30 gear. If you bring a 280 into the Raid, aren't you going to get lowre drops than if you were to bring a 300 in there?

Trakan

I think you're missing the point of that 1 sentence of a much larger post.

All I was saying is that the game is constantly progressing, and the odds are that whatever the max light level is now, it'll likely be increased within a few months. Thus, there is no reason to calculate attempts at loot beyond 18 weeks, since at that point players will have to start all over and work towards a new max.

Oh, I get it. It's not worth doing now let alone in 18 weeks.

Top Bottom