• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT36| Fifty Shades of TTK

Shiv47

Maybe too early to ask, but is anyone interested in running Oryx NM checkpoint tonight, maybe 9 EST or thereabouts? Just want to squeeze it in before the reset, and never got round to it this weekend. On PS4 (feels like I shouldn't have to specify that, but <shrugs>)

1) shiv2099
2) Pandora012
3) casmith7509
4) iRAWRasaurus
5) futbol_dude77
6)

Posting for the new page again.

This is the fewest online GAFers I've seen on my friends list since I first joined DGAF.

PvP is trash right now. It's never been more bad. At least Trials was tolerable in year 1 (just needed to fix Thorn, final round and blink mostly at least at the end of year 1) and now it's unbearable. Many people streamed and played trials every day Friday through Monday and now it's basically dead. That says a lot, imo. I want to have fun with it so badly and keep trying but it just isn't.

Bogeypop

it's probably not fair for me to ask but what kind of line do you have? I'm trying to preemptively correctly PM you for a certain time bracket...

also, are you exclusively taking GAFers? I have a friend who would love to tag along but I'm not sure how your sherpa'ing laws work. c:

It can be both long and short. Depends how many people who signed up for the Waiting List actually show up when it's their turn. Most people don't so I skip them and move to the next available person, but have to go back when they finally do show up.

Kyne

It can be both long and short. Depends how many people who signed up for the Waiting List actually show up when it's their turn. Most people don't so I skip them and move to the next available person, but have to go back when the finally do show up.

PMing you then. c:

Jetman

It can be both long and short. Depends how many people who signed up for the Waiting List actually show up when it's their turn. Most people don't so I skip them and move to the next available person, but have to go back when the finally do show up.

Yeah, sorry I was later, man. :( Something came up. Was dodging and weaving out of traffic like a madman to try to get home in time though lol

I jumped on today for the first time in a while (wed I think?), did a nightfall, got a 294 chest and turned that shit off immediately. Just terrible.

It's like Bungie setup the loot drip feed to keep people playing longer due to less content rolling out and preventing players from quitting early, but people end up quitting early anyway due to shit drops.

Homeboyd

It's like Bungie setup the loot drip feed to keep people playing longer due to less content rolling out and preventing players from quitting early, but people end up quitting early anyway due to shit drops.
If I told you how my last ~3-4 raids and ~5-6 NFs have gone, you wouldn't believe me. I swear my account is #lootlocked.

This is the fewest online GAFers I've seen on my friends list since I first joined DGAF.
Meh I have not finish 2 HM raids don't feel like doing them. No idea if I finish all my nightfalls as well.

Or maybe you need more people on your Friends list :p still got 7 pages of activity

GhaleonEB

Fallout 4 is going to hit DGAF hard. I'll still circle back to Destiny in the wake of it for the odd daily and weekly strikes, but I'll probably be on that game for 90% of my playtime for a while. Bethesda games tend to be all-consuming, especially considering my limited playtime these days.

macewank

It can be both long and short. Depends how many people who signed up for the Waiting List actually show up when it's their turn. Most people don't so I skip them and move to the next available person, but have to go back when they finally do show up.

Do you send a confirmation when they're/we're on the list?

I feel like the only way (for me) to have fun in Destiny is to disconnect from the concept of progress.

Played hard mode all day with a group of Gaffers, wiped lots, got fair-to-middling drops but had fun because I just don't care about killing Oryx.

There is no expansion in sight so I feel like I have lots of time to inch my way to 320. The fact that elementary primaries are gone from the endgame loot table means there is literally no carrot in front of me. Just the pleasure of getting it done, and I refuse to stress about that.

I still maintain that the worst part of PvP is hopping into matchmaking and being put into a game that's almost over.

The other day before we played Trials, I hopped into the Daily playlist to warm up. It put me in a game where we had 700 points and the other team had 2900. I was the only player on the losing team. Not even 30 seconds passed - literally 30 seconds guys - and they killed me and triggered mercy.

195995023471da51e5.jpg

Why even put me in the game?

Somewhere around House of Wolves, I had a 100% win ratio in Rumble across 100+ games. Guess how I lost it?

I still maintain that the worst part of PvP is hopping into matchmaking and being put into a game that's almost over.

The other day before we played Trials, I hopped into the Daily playlist to warm up. It put me in a game where we had 700 points and the other team had 2900. I was the only player on the losing team. Not even 30 seconds passed - literally 30 seconds guys - and they killed me and triggered mercy.

195995023471da51e5.jpg

Somewhere around House of Wolves, I had a 100% win ratio in Rumble across 100+ games. Guess how I lost it?

Motherfucking joining a match that was almost over.
That would have been infuriating. Join in progress needs to be re-thunk. Bungie has to do better.

Afrocious

195995023471da51e5.jpg

there there

join on me and todd so we can do trials so i can get guns and stuff

Fallout 4 is going to hit DGAF hard. I'll still circle back to Destiny in the wake of it for the odd daily and weekly strikes, but I'll probably be on that game for 90% of my playtime for a while. Bethesda games tend to be all-consuming, especially considering my limited playtime these days.

The Witcher 3 took me away from Destiny for about 2 months which was about 80 hours of play time. I have a feeling Fallout 4 could top that.

Good thing there isnt the potential of a Ghorn drop hanging over my head with every activity or I would have some serious anxiety right now.

Kyoufu

Free rep and rewards, man.

That would have been infuriating. Join in progress needs to be re-thunk. Bungie has to do better.

Happens almost every time I've played Crucible in the last few months. First game of the day - Join in Progress. Switch playlists - first game is join in progress. Go to tower, pick up bounty, return to orbit - join in progress. Quit the game you just joined and queue again - next game you join in progress.

Please let me turn it off.

SnakeEyes

Banned
I didn't think it would, but then I preordered a set that included a Fallout Pop Vinyl and Art Book, and now that it's looming I'm feeling that I'll be out for pretty much everything except maybe one Raid a week.

Happens almost every time I've played Crucible in the last few months. First game of the day - Join in Progress. Switch playlists - first game is join in progress. Go to tower, pick up bounty, return to orbit - join in progress. Quit the game you just joined and queue again - next game you join in progress.

Please let me turn it off.

Become Legend.

Top Bottom