• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT36| Fifty Shades of TTK

Homeboyd

Happens almost every time I've played Crucible in the last few months. First game of the day - Join in Progress. Switch playlists - first game is join in progress. Go to tower, pick up bounty, return to orbit - join in progress. Quit the game you just joined and queue again - next game you join in progress.

Please let me turn it off.
The game is trying to get you to stop playing it.

Fallout 4 is going to hit DGAF hard. I'll still circle back to Destiny in the wake of it for the odd daily and weekly strikes, but I'll probably be on that game for 90% of my playtime for a while. Bethesda games tend to be all-consuming, especially considering my limited playtime these days.

Not a fan of Bethesda game, looking forward to being reminded why I choice Bloodborne as my GOTY with the DLC :3

edit: or is it chose the proper word I should have used? Meh why am I so bad at grammar :(

Happens almost every time I've played Crucible in the last few months. First game of the day - Join in Progress. Switch playlists - first game is join in progress. Go to tower, pick up bounty, return to orbit - join in progress. Quit the game you just joined and queue again - next game you join in progress.

Let me turn that shit off please.
It happens way too much. It's one thing if you get dropped into a game because someone leaves but quite another when people are abandoning because they are getting stomped.

Adding daily marks and a ton of quests to Crucible has probably increased the casual pool too much.

I'm about to hit that wall that I'd thought HM Crota was going to do, but Trials 2.0 and HM Oryx is doing it. Holy moly.

Not a fan of Bethesda game, looking forward to being reminded why I choice Bloodborne as my GOTY with the DLC :3

Yupp! Still my GOTY so far. Super Mario Maker is very close though.

ocean

Banned
Just saw Kraffty get wrecked by an annoying but seemingly effective strat.

Enemy team was 3 Hammers. They would camp so, so hard. Every single round went to overtime. But the Super buildup was very real.

Krafty was salty as hell. "This is so fucking lame I'd rather die in real life than be this bored just to win"

The best part? Dudes in his chat were eating it up. Blind fanboyism. Like somehow in a fan's mind camping is lame but being carried isn't.

I swear I watch Destiny streams less for the gameplay and more for these contradictions :p

Lnkn52

Fallout 4 is going to hit DGAF hard. I'll still circle back to Destiny in the wake of it for the odd daily and weekly strikes, but I'll probably be on that game for 90% of my playtime for a while. Bethesda games tend to be all-consuming, especially considering my limited playtime these days.
I hope so

Please let me turn it off.

Terrible. I have noticed this as well but it doesnt bother me since I only play the daily for the Marks and quit.

Enemy team was 3 Hammers. They would camp so, so hard. Every single round went to overtime. But the Super buildup was very real.

Krafty was salty as hell. "This is so fucking lame I'd rather die in real life than be this bored just to win"

The best part? Dudes in his chat were eating it up. Blind fanboyism. Like somehow in a fan's mind camping is lame but being carried isn't.

I swear I watch Destiny streams less for the gameplay and more for these contradictions :p

Holy fuck I wouldve gone insane if I went against that team. And I would say being camped is worse than being carried.

ocean

Banned
It happens way too much. It's one thing if you get dropped into a game because someone leaves but quite another when people are abandoning because they are getting stomped.

Adding daily marks and a ton of quests to Crucible has probably increased the casual pool too much.
If there were a Daily Crucible playlist where you go not rep, no bounties, no quests, no fucking nothing I'd probably never leave it. I think I'd be there with others guys who actually wanna play instead of being hell bent on moving the progress bars on a lame bounty or some shit.

I meant it the other day. I'd pay a hundred bucks easily to downgrade to HoW.

Jetman

Bogeypop/Drassil you rock, man! Thank you very much. You made that thing seem easy, handling the adds and the boss. Felt like I was just "revive/cleanup" lol. Very impressive! Thanks again

GhaleonEB

The Witcher 3 took me away from Destiny for about 2 months which was about 80 hours of play time. I have a feeling Fallout 4 could top that.

Good thing there isnt the potential of a Ghorn drop hanging over my head with every activity or I would have some serious anxiety right now.

I put 800+ hours into Skyrim. I can already feel myself falling deep into the open world rabbit hole.

It doesn't help that I'm going into the game rather blind - really just a few trailers.

That said, this is where some of Destiny's endgame design will keep me coming back while I do play it. It'll be fun to hop back on for some activities here and there in the mix for a change of pace (and be reminded what good gunplay feels like).

For it to happen this much it seems like the population has gone down instead. The game is prioritizing filling up games over finding new ones.

That or i've been sorted into some hidden pool for habitual quitting Sector 618

Gazz lets do this strat tonight, KappaRoss.

That or i've been sorted into some hidden pool for habitual quitting Sector Shitshow

FTFY

ocean

Banned
Holy fuck I wouldve gone insane if I went against that team. And I would say being camped is worse than being carried.
I've never played like that but honestly? Whatever works. Your team needs to learn its strengths. Rushing Krafty means certain death to MLG no scope insanity or being butt raped by his seemingly unnerfed TLW (the guy is crazy good).

If I were making a serious attempt at Lighthouse and matched a known pro, I wouldn't shy away from "lame" tactics if they were effective. Obviously never anything like cheating or glitching but a legit strat? Whatever wins bro.

Instead of being salty as hell, His MLGness should have adapted and worked around it instead of just complaining endlessly about how he was losing.

camping is a legitimate tactic breh.

camp right alongside them and tether them before the cap point spawns

If there were a Daily Crucible playlist where you go not rep, no bounties, no quests, no fucking nothing I'd probably never leave it. I think I'd be there with others guys who actually wanna play instead of being hell bent on moving the progress bars on a lame bounty or some shit.

I meant it the other day. I'd pay a hundred bucks easily to downgrade to HoW.
Fuck, man, that is a very good idea. A pure Crucible would be way better. Connection based matchmaking only!

I'm starting to think HoW was golden age. A year's worth of content. Guaranteed level progress. An almost perfect PVP meta (a thorn nerf would have made it perfect).

Bogeypop/Drassil you rock, man! Thank you very much. You made that thing seem easy, handling the adds and the boss. Felt like I was just "revive/cleanup" lol. Very impressive! Thanks again

Yeah, that was crazy. The man was a blur. We had almost 2 minutes to spare. Good looking out Bogey!

With Black Ops 3, Battlefront and Fallout 4 I can pretty much say I'm booked for the rest of 2015 and early 2016 unless they throw out some HoW/TDB stuff for Destiny.

ocean

Banned
Fuck, man, that is a very good idea. A pure Crucible would be way better. Connection based matchmaking only!

I'm starting to think HoW was golden age. A year's worth of content. Guaranteed level progress. An almost perfect PVP meta (a thorn nerf would have made it perfect).
Pulse Rifles were already good. They needed to fix Thorn DoT to stop the 2 tap and TLW doing 111 down sights. A range nerf to HCs would have been OK (but leaving accuracy untouched).

Take be back Bungie. I miss having fun.

I put 800+ hours into Skyrim. I can already feel myself falling deep into the open world rabbit hole.

It doesn't help that I'm going into the game rather blind - really just a few trailers.

That said, this is where some of Destiny's endgame design will keep me coming back while I do play it. It'll be fun to hop back on for some activities here and there in the mix for a change of pace (and be reminded what good gunplay feels like).

I heard an ex Bungie guy joined Bethesda and worked on the gunplay, and the early reports say the gunplay feels excellent. Goodbye destiny lol.

Frenden

Banned
I'm starting to think one of the bigger, but not biggest for sure, reasons I hate PvP post-2.0 is the new maps. The truncated map rotation for PvP and the limited strike list for PvE suuuuuuuuuuuuuucks.

Mindlog

Still uncertain if I will get it or not.
Battlefront on the other hand.

WMfoqif.gif

We don't negotiate with terrorists.

You know, DGAF, we really are the last of us.

Lmao i dont think this will ever get old.

Going from destiny to fallout will be rough for suuure.

Wow, 800+ hours. Crazy.

I have always hard a hard time getting into WRPGs. Fallout 3 and Witcher 3 are the only Ive ever really gotten into. I keep trying, but they dont stick. I expect Fallout 4 to get my interest. Dark Souls destroyed Skyrim for me, cant even think about playing it now.

I am sure I will get back into Destiny, but its funny, the game just doesnt occupy my thoughts anymore and there isnt much enticing me to play other than hanging out with friends Ive made.

For it to happen this much it seems like the population has gone down instead. The game is prioritizing filling up games over finding new ones.

That or i've been sorted into some hidden pool for habitual quitting Sector 618
You may be right but I think it's just quitters.
No it's original material :p

lol, good stuff!

Pulse Rifles were already good. They needed to fix Thorn DoT to stop the 2 tap and TLW doing 111 down sights. A range nerf to HCs would have been OK (but leaving accuracy untouched).

Take be back Bungie. I miss having fun.
I miss my MIDA. Beating a Thorn user with that was sogood.gif

And yes, pulse rifles were actually god-like in HoW. People didn't know.
because they never got a Hopscotch

ocean

Banned
I'm starting to think one of the bigger, but not biggest for sure, reasons I hate PvP post-2.0 is the new maps. The truncated map rotation for PvP and the limited strike list for PvE suuuuuuuuuuuuuucks.
Worst part is there's literally no reason. Why not add Devil's Lair, Summoning Pits, Winter's Run, the old Nexus to the rotation? Even with no Taken remix it would make the repetitiveness way lower.

Same with Crucible rotation. Can't remember the last time I played Delphi or Anomaly. I very rarely see Shores of Time or Burning Shrine (my favorites). I'm actually not even sure if Bastion is still in the game (I've gotten First Light a few times but it might actually be a year since I've played Bastion).

What is even worse than a truncated playlist is that it seems only about 1 in 3 strikes will people stick around. So many times one or both bailout as soon as it starts. Infuriating.

xJavonta

Banned
wanna start playing this again. all i have is the base game. i left off at level 19. is there anything i can do without TTK yet?

Finally got my spindle today and with that, I may start my Destiny hiatus. With fallout coming next week and xenoblade in December, it maybe a few months before I spend a ton of time with Destiny. Hopefully they'll have more content soon. Trials i can take or leave, was expecting more from the HM raid.

Worst part is there's literally no reason. Why not add Devil's Lair, Summoning Pits, Winter's Run, the old Nexus to the rotation? Even with no Taken remix it would make the repetitiveness way lower.

Same with Crucible rotation. Can't remember the last time I played Delphi or Anomaly. I very rarely see Shores of Time or Burning Shrine (my favorites). I'm actually not even sure if Bastion is still in the game (I've gotten First Light a few times but it might actually be a year since I've played Bastion).

Devils' Lair, Nexus Mind, and Summoning Pits are still my favorite strikes from Year 1. Shield Brothers is the only new one I like.

ocean

Banned
Devils' Lair, Nexus Mind, and Summoning Pits are still my favorite strikes from Year 1. Shield Brothers is the only new one I like.
I actually like the new ones a lot. They're my favorite strike bosses in the game. But holy shit the game has twice the number of Strikes as it launched with and yet feels as repetitive as it did in Vanilla. It's crazy.

Top Bottom