• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT36| Fifty Shades of TTK

Anyone want to do the HM daughters and maybe Oryx? I haven't kill Oryx yet on HM, so would probably need a few who have done it before. I have the cp at the jumping puzzle before the daughters. We can start as soon as we have a full fireteam. My psn is ichabod00

I don't really care to do daughters again but I still need to finish Oryx HM for this week

phen0m24

Gah, I personally can't play aggressive and make any hand cannons work for me.

I'll keep trying though but I may just be banging my head against the wall for no reason, deliberately crippling myself. Maybe I should just wait for the hopeful buff to hand cannons before I use them again.

We're still running Weds, right?

Also I still can't get over that you haven't at least tried Rocket League. Please tell me you've at least given it a whirl. You'll forget all about metas and spam cannons and plus riflez

Frenden

Banned

I'll keep trying though but I may just be banging my head against the wall for no reason, deliberately crippling myself. Maybe I should just wait for the hopeful buff to hand cannons before I use them again.

That's me in a nutshell. I still haven't found a playstyle I like. Like, I know I should be standing ground and PR trading, but it's soooooo boring.

I'm focusing on neutral game and realizing that most of the engagements I used to ace are now bad ones to push. More plink and run, more team fire, less gung-ho heroism.

Anyone want to do the HM daughters and maybe Oryx? I haven't kill Oryx yet on HM, so would probably need a few who have done it before. I have the cp at the jumping puzzle before the daughters. We can start as soon as we have a full fireteam. My psn is ichabod00

I guess I'd be down, PSN: SoullessSHOES

Huge thanks to RickyRozay and Dante316 for running Trials with me for bounties on my warlock. Got crap out of it and made me realize how much I love Hunters but most of all, how important is to have PvP gear. Those seconds you can shed off for your grenade, melee or super are so useful and can change the flow of the round even the match.

It's just an entirely different game in PVP, although I hate the levelled stuff personally, and Sunbreaker/Stormcaller is still bullcrap.

But there'd be something so amazing about a Destiny, no Heavy and no super playlist or event.

The only way I survive in Crucible and Trials especially is by focusing on staying alive. The kills come if you stay alive. Playing aggressively can only be done as a rush tactic, with the support of your team.

Trials is cool

Yeah I never left, but at least then you had something to look forward to with a DLC schedule. Right now we have nothing on the horizon (announced) except challenges of content we've run to death already except it'll be "harder" if you've gotten shit drops from the current content. Even if they do announce a new raid (or whatever), it'll be months out and could still feature the terrible progression system KF currently has. I dunno.. I'll always be around to check out new stuff but I've never had less desire to play this game. And I never was one of those who took a break from the game before like others here.

Halo is all I have to take me away from Destiny, but there's a lot of other options coming for lots of others here.

tldr; RIP in pieces

kinda funny how i played this game more than a lot of people but took like 4 months of cumulative break time away from it in year one

breaks are good but they need to announce some updates and changes soon.

Accidentally destroyed my 300 Conspiracy Theory-D, was trying to equip in pvp hit the wrong button while being distracted. Locked my other weapons immediately after.

Frenden

Banned
I look forward to Gunsmith rolls on held-over guns more than most else in this game right now.

"Maybe a Judith or Lyudmila roll will be good this week!"

Kyoufu

I look forward to Gunsmith rolls on held-over guns more than most else in this game right now.

"Maybe a Judith or Lyudmila roll will be good this week!"

I'm upset that I missed out on a LitC Eirene. That would have done some major damage.

X-Frame

We're still running Weds, right?

Also I still can't get over that you haven't at least tried Rocket League. Please tell me you've at least given it a whirl. You'll forget all about metas and spam cannons and plus riflez

Yup, I'm still down for Wednesdays! If Drizzay or someone can get a HM Totem's checkpoint that would be amazing. I'd like at least one HM clear before I hang it up, haha.

Nope, I have RL but never booted it up, haha. Maybe this weekend.

That's me in a nutshell. I still haven't found a playstyle I like. Like, I know I should be standing ground and PR trading, but it's soooooo boring.

I'm focusing on neutral game and realizing that most of the engagements I used to ace are now bad ones to push. More plink and run, more team fire, less gung-ho heroism.

Exactly. Before 2.0 launched when everyone was using hand cannons I was running around with auto rifles because nobody used them and I missed them. Now, everyone is running around with pulse rifles and I want to use hand cannons because I am bored of pulses. Cant we just find a nice balanceeeeee pleaseeee.

Frenden

Banned
I just wish a single other FPS-loot-shooter with a competitive multiplayer component was worth a damn so that I could at least take a few breaks from Destiny here and there. But it's the one genre of game I feel like playing right now and there don't seem to be a lot of options out there.

My friends are waiting outside the elevator for someone to join them on the black spindle mission. Join JBH613 or Pokey212121 please.

EDIT: Thanks GSPEC.

I just wish a single other FPS-loot-shooter with a competitive multiplayer component was worth a damn so that I could at least take a few breaks from Destiny here and there. But it's the one genre of game I feel like playing right now and there don't seem to be a lot of options out there.

We can only dream.

K_B

Big thanks to Bogeypop and Ghazi for helping grab the Spindle like it was absolutely nothing haha. I feel like I didn’t even touch anything!

ocean

Banned

If you're a Hunter, Ace of Spades is probably your best bet.

ethomaz

Banned
I'm looking for some Trials to finish the bounties on my alt Hunter before reset.

Of course I will play to flawless but it is not required... fun is always awesome.

Anyone for Trials?

Anyone up for a Trails run? Like to have a few runs at some serious attempts.

Would love to get to Mercury!
I'm looking for Trials with my alt too.

Every other genre stopped being "fun" to me when I picked up Halo nearly 10 years ago. Sure i'll take a break to play other stuff like Ori or Nintendo games once in a while, but they don't deliver that action-packed adrenaline rush from playing challenging cooperative or competitive matches with your friends all night.

It's a shame there isn't a single package that delivers it all anymore. You have to pick what matters most.

I'm looking for some Trials to finish the bounties on my alt Hunter before reset.

Of course I will play to flawless but it is not required... fun is always awesome.

Anyone for Trials?

I'm looking for Trials with my alt too.

I'd like to run.

Edit.. Anyone else want to join us?

Frenden

Banned
Every other genre stopped being "fun" to me when I picked up Halo nearly 10 years ago. Sure i'll take a break to play other stuff like Ori or Nintendo games once in a while, but they don't deliver that action-packed adrenaline rush from playing challenging cooperative or competitive matches with your friends all night.

It's a shame there isn't a single package that delivers it all anymore. You have to pick what matters most.

Totally. For me, it was Tribes. Tribes was amazing and way ahead of its time. The extra degree of air-battle freedom was the key. And Destiny has that. Or HAD that, before everything became a stand your ground, PR trade-fest.

The mobility and verticality of a feasible hand cannon aerial game is what hooked me to Destiny and it's what I miss most.

inthrall

Hey Bungo, when is Eva gonna sell that winterborn mark? Been waiting since May yo!

Its the only one I'm missing from Eva ;_;

Totally. For me, it was Tribes. Tribes was amazing and way ahead of its time. The extra degree of air-battle freedom was the key. And Destiny has that. Or HAD that, before everything became a stand your ground, PR trade-fest.

The mobility and verticality of a feasible hand cannon aerial game is what hooked me to Destiny and it's what I miss most.

I miss that from Titanfall, that game was a lot of fun when it released. Really looking forward to the inevitable sequel

Top Bottom