• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT36| Fifty Shades of TTK

todd360

New MM is hot garbage. I'm done with Trials. GG Bungie for the changes to a great game mode. Yes I am salty and frustrated. Good night DGAF.

ZCcKh1d.jpg
Let us trials until we can't trials no more!

Deku Tree

I have no idea.

Some really bad reasoning from our own regulars here.

I'm looking at you Deku.

Raid MM would give players a totally horrible experience 99% of the time.
Bungie is not about giving people the option of having horrible experiences in their game.
If you want to call that bad reasoning go ahead... I call it a fact.

Strider

Bungie is not about giving people the option of having horrible experiences in their game.

This.

Bungie knows the experience would be terrible so they aren't going to put it in. I don't blame them one bit.

I'm all for giving more options to players just don't think this is one they should give in to.

Kyoufu

Bungie is not about giving people the option of having horrible experiences in their game?

Dude. This game has been plagued with horrible experiences since September 9 2014. Playing with a bad group from destinyLFG.net or in-game matchmaking, what's the difference? They're both bound to be horrible.

Anyway, I've said it before but I don't think MM is the answer. The game lacks in-game tools to look for potential fireteam members. Once they solve that, then there will be much, much less MM begging.

I have had crappy LFG teams, but I power through and beat the content. Good to know Bungie would rather someone else give the crappy experience than them.

todd360

This.

Bungie knows the experience would be terrible so they aren't going to put it in. I don't blame them one bit.

I'm all for giving more options to players just don't think this is one they should give in to.

We should do it! For science and prosperity!

ethomaz

Banned
I was going to bed but I checked and I need only more 3 trials matches to get the gold package.

Anybody is playing and needs a avg. player?

Strider

I'm all for an in-game LFG tool though.

Being able to post what activity you want to do, schedule a time, talk to those that you're gonna raid with before hand (and making sure they have a mic) and so on would be beneficial.

But just loading up the raid from the directory and going in with random people? Naaaaah.

Deku Tree

Bungie is not about giving people the option of having horrible experiences in their game?

Dude. This game has been plagued with horrible experiences since September 9 2014. Playing with a bad group from destinyLFG.net or in-game matchmaking, what's the difference? They're both bound to be horrible.

Anyway, I've said it before but I don't think MM is the answer. The game lacks in-game tools to look for potential fireteam members. Once they solve that, then there will be much, much less MM begging.

I'd rather Bungie focus their dev resources on making the game great. Let the community make the LFG tools. The community tools are already top notch.

Kyoufu

I'd rather Bungie focus their dev resources on making the game great. Let the community make the LFG tools. The community tools are already top notch.

Fuck that. It's Bungie's responsibility to make their game, not the community. Bungie aren't Bethesda. They need to make tools to enhance the player experience. LFG tools in-game will not only help strengthen the community but also allow players who would not normally go to external sites to experience and enjoy content they would not otherwise partake in.

Time to stop settling for mediocrity. I want the best game possible. I know Destiny can be better. Demand more, Deku.

Avixph

New MM is hot garbage. I'm done with Trials. GG Bungie for the changes to a great game mode. Yes I am salty and frustrated. Good night DGAF.

PVP matchmaking in general is what has me turning away from the game right now. I'm not an amazing mlgpro player so why should I be forced to carry terrible players against teams full of people as good or better than me? So infuriating to be halfway through a game and realizing that you're the only person your team who wasn't feeding kills

GorillaJu

99% of my experiences are great. I truly don't understand you people who continue to play this game if it's one that's plagued with horrible experiences.

Also I've used LFG like 4 times and all 4 times have been fine.

Deku Tree

Fuck that. It's Bungie's responsibility to make their game, not the community. Bungie aren't Bethesda. They need to make tools to enhance the player experience. LFG tools in-game will not only help strengthen the community but also allow players who would not normally go to external sites to experience and enjoy content they would not otherwise partake in.

Time to stop settling for mediocrity. I want the best game possible. I know Destiny can be better. Demand more, Deku.
Destiny will be better when they fix the bugs in the game, or give us more content. I'd rather they do that than develop and LFG tool.

In Trials? Why would you not play defensively once you're leading? Make the other team come to you.

I just can't, it's impossible for me. Ask anyone I did trials with this weekend, I would equip my Invective and just speed my way to the enemy spawn area. More than once people I played with asked 'Yo breezy how'd you get over there so fast'.

Like...I just can't do defensive. Well, I can, but Destiny maps are just too small. Give me a huge open field and I'll snipe for days, but with the Destiny maps my gut instinct is to rush and shotgun.

Afrocious

As it stands, matchmaking would be terrible for raids.

If such a thing happens, then Bungie will have to do some serious fine-tuning to get it working.

I do, however, think Vault of Glass could work with MM if it stays as low level as it is now. You can carry people through it.

EDIT: To add more salt to the pile of salt that is DGAF, lag has no place in Trials. I swear the laggy banana was more stable than Trials for me.

Future

As it stands, matchmaking would be terrible for raids.

If such a thing happens, then Bungie will have to do some serious fine-tuning to get it working.

I do, however, think Vault of Glass could work with MM if it stays as low level as it is now. You can carry people through it.

EDIT: To add more salt to the pile of salt that is DGAF, lag has no place in Trials. I swear the laggy banana was more stable than Trials for me.

In game lfg tools is all it needs. Elegant in game ways to jump into parties and games based on player intent of what they'd like to do. Basic filtering to make sure people have mics and what not.

The lfg websites aren't bad, but I admit it's a barrier sometimes for me to do some of the content sometimes if I don't have laptop at the ready.

Sai-kun

Banned
Any PS4 folks wanna group up for some fun Trials? I haven't done it before so I'm not expecting a whole lot, but I'd like to give it a shot. PSN: techn1colors :)

Let us trials until we can't trials no more!

:p

Ape pls. You've been saying this every day since Friday. You'll be back!

Yup. Because I keep trying to give it a chance. I keep trying to see what Bungie sees. I keep trying to understand why I can't get it together and get another flawless in this new system. Not being able to complete everything irks me.

I see you playing right now!

Go get them - use your anger to get LT the scout.

I made a promise I would try and help LT. I kept my word.

Yep, he'll be back Friday. lol

Wedding weekend for me so I will actually be able to back off and get some time away from this game.

PVP matchmaking in general is what has me turning away from the game right now. I'm not an amazing mlgpro player so why should I be forced to carry terrible players against teams full of people as good or better than me? So infuriating to be halfway through a game and realizing that you're the only person your team who wasn't feeding kills

It's a just a lag fest. I'm sure the BMU won't even address any of the concerns.

I'm going to bed in the salt mines. You all know me to well.

/endrant

Afrocious

Is it just me, or are some of the exotic quests have more interesting mechanics than the raid? I particularly like the Anger meter from the No Time to Explain quest, the Black Spindle rush, and the Sleeper Stimulant code being formed by the Hive and Taken Knights.

Those three things are more fascinating than 75% of the raid.

Top Bottom