• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT36| Fifty Shades of TTK

GorillaJu

Is it just me, or are some of the exotic quests have more interesting mechanics than the raid? I particularly like the Anger meter from the No Time to Explain quest, the Black Spindle rush, and the Sleeper Stimulant code being formed by the Hive and Taken Knights.

Those three things are more fascinating than 75% of the raid.

Now increase their difficulty, do them every week with an established delegation of roles and hope that you get loot which may or may not be an upgrade. Then how will you feel?

IMO the raid activities in KF are head and shoulders above any raids I've experienced in MMOs (and I've played several). You guys, from my perspective, are largely jaded and demanding.

Afrocious

Now increase their difficulty, do them every week with an established delegation of roles and hope that you get loot which may or may not be an upgrade. Then how will you feel?

So your point is that regardless of what Bungie picks for mechanics in their raids, that people will find them stale because strats will be made and perfected to overcome them?

Given the fact all of the encounters of KF require you to stand under an aura all the time, there's honestly not that much variety in what folks need to do to DPS.

I'll give VoG props for having a bit of variety.

Ghazi

Hi, I'd like to report a bug

AdorableSoulfulAbyssiniancat.gif

In all seriousness, it's kinda ridiculous now. I was hoping they'd tone down AA from HoW after they saw everyone abusing it. I'm also shamed at missing that shot.

Pics_nao

Holy fuck, I'm never getting the Black Spindle. Anyone wanna carry this piece of shit through? I can never clear out the final room in time.

PSN: Pics_nao_plz

Jumped on to help my friends with the black spindle mission but they already found someone. Got an invite from a low level friend to help with his so I said screw it. Beat it with two seconds to spare and got the ship!!!

In all seriousness, it's kinda ridiculous now. I was hoping they'd tone down AA from HoW after they saw everyone abusing it. I'm also shamed at missing that shot.

They were asking for it having 3 people up there. What did they think was gonna happen?

Afrocious

oh shit, i forgot the bloodborne expansion comes out this month

man, this week i might play with the 1000 yard stare from the ttk questline. that gif has convinced me

Anyone up for a Spindle run?

Myself and a friend are going for it. Ive done it already but he needs one.

1.Raidenshugelaser
2.premiereprimo

PSN

GorillaJu

So your point is that regardless of what Bungie picks for mechanics in their raids, that people will find them stale because strats will be made and perfected to overcome them?

Given the fact all of the encounters of KF require you to stand under an aura all the time, there's honestly not that much variety in what folks need to do to DPS.

I'll give VoG props for having a bit of variety.

To answer your first question, basically yes that's how I feel. That's how every MMO is. If you introduce too much randomness, the casual players wont be able to cope, and Destiny is an everyman's game.

Standing under an aura to DPS isn't inherently bad. I personally like the "unload everything you've got" burst damage DPS phases. It's not the only way to design things but I don't feel it detracts from the raid. Next time we'll probably get something well different.

The most important things are challenge, reward, and how fun the mechanics are, I feel like only the rewards are lacking (not many people like the look of the gear, sometimes you get absolutely nothing, and the weapons aren't really good).

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
I'll help anyone for their Spindle...I dont mind gettin one for my hunter or a ship at least..
PSN Godless_Pagan

Afrocious

To answer your first question, basically yes that's how I feel. That's how every MMO is. If you introduce too much randomness, the casual players wont be able to cope, and Destiny is an everyman's game.

Standing under an aura to DPS isn't inherently bad. I personally like the "unload everything you've got" burst damage DPS phases. It's not the only way to design things but I don't feel it detracts from the raid. Next time we'll probably get something well different.

The most important things are challenge, reward, and how fun the mechanics are, I feel like only the rewards are lacking (not many people like the look of the gear, sometimes you get absolutely nothing, and the weapons aren't really good).

Given that Trials and Hard Modes exist, Bungie is fine with making stuff that requires the 'everyman' to try a bit harder than what's in normal stuff, so I think your claim is incorrect. Casual players are pretty much stuck on KF NM at the moment and are sub 300. Remember, GAF is in a bubble.

As for the aura stuff, DPS phases are fine but all the raid encounters require folks to stand in some aura or spot. It's not too harmful, but kinda boring if you're not a runner in the last two encounters.

Kyoufu

5 different errors in the past 20 mins

Baboon
Weasel
Viper
Anteater

Sorry everyone, just not my day :(

Thanks for joining though.

If it makes you feel any better I got a string of errors just trying to join a PVP match. It was lame.

When are you back home?

SnakeEyes

Banned

Shit like this has to be mentioned in this weeks BWU as something that will be looked at, to be toned down.

border

Anyone have an Atheon checkpoint by any chance? Need to do this NTTE stuff for a friend.

I have the checkpoint, but haven't done that part of the quest yet. I can kill Atheon with you if you want to get a group together....just give me like 5 minutes and we will all go.

EDIT: PSN border199x

gatti-man

Given that Trials and Hard Modes exist, Bungie is fine with making stuff that requires the 'everyman' to try a bit harder than what's in normal stuff, so I think your claim is incorrect. Casual players are pretty much stuck on KF NM at the moment and are sub 300. Remember, GAF is in a bubble.

As for the aura stuff, DPS phases are fine but all the raid encounters require folks to stand in some aura or spot. It's not too harmful, but kinda boring if you're not a runner in the last two encounters.

I laughed out loud reading this. You are really lacking perspective. It is only boring for other players not running when you have hard mode down to a science and know everyone else does too. I play with pretty hardcore people and even I'm not there yet. Someone always messes up. I've beat oryx HM more often with 5 people alive than 6.

Your critique is entirely unfair. Reducing KF to dps in an aura is also not fair or true. Plus challenge mode will hopefully force people to do Golgoroth correctly and restore the fight mechanics as intended. Who knows what else they will have.

Oh, yeah, for sure. Snipers are just so easy to use that it's no problem punishing them for that.

Yeah something is definitely up with them. I never sniped in Y1 and only really started like 2 weeks ago. Already at 600 kills and my head shot percentage is >70% and I still feel like I suck with them. I was kinda shocked when I saw that stat tbh. If they wanted to make them fun for everyone ammo should be a lot less plentiful or they need to seriously tone down the aim assitance

Cade

Need two for micless nightfall I'm at the shrieker room just shoot me a friend request or join on cadeSILVER

ZServ

I have the checkpoint, but haven't done that part of the quest yet. I can kill Atheon with you if you want to get a group together....just give me like 5 minutes and we will all go.

EDIT: PSN border199x

Sounds great! Sent you a message, have a group ready so we can go whenever. :)

A week of farming masks and I never got tiger or travelled. Depressing bullshit that made me not want to play destiny.

Anyways. Do I keep Skolas or Eris? Of course my other mask is Rahool

Top Bottom