• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT36| Fifty Shades of TTK

Just ran Golgy to Oryx and got:

316 Gloves
319 Shotgun
312 Auto
319 HMG

Best loot run to this point by far. I also learned you don't need Moldering Shards on your character at the time of the Oryx kill, only when you open the chest.

Afrocious

I laughed out loud reading this. You are really lacking perspective. It is only boring for other players not running when you have hard mode down to a science and know everyone else does too. I play with pretty hardcore people and even I'm not there yet. Someone always messes up. I've beat oryx HM more often with 5 people alive than 6.

Your critique is entirely unfair. Reducing KF to dps in an aura is also not fair or true. Plus challenge mode will hopefully force people to do Golgoroth correctly and restore the fight mechanics as intended. Who knows what else they will have.

But outside of the auras, how else are you supposed to do DPS to the bosses sans Oryx?

At least Warpriest's Aura is something different. It would've been kinda badass if that same mechanic where the brand holder has to kill enemies to keep it up were in the Oryx and Daughters fight.

The Scrota music is still so good after all this time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdfW8S671FE

Dude I've been trying to find the boss music for ages. Thanks man

Afrocious

That is correct, the fight can be done without an aura if you have enough sunsingers though ;)

i never got joy from being contrarian but some folks do crazy stuff all the time, so ehhh

like the fbi having to take 5 years to build a case against jared fogle

like wtf. dude rapes kids and it takes 5 years to stop him knowing full well what he's doing

Didn't particularly care about the economy nerf, since I've always had an abundance of materials until today. Accidentally dismantled my batch of 600 weapon parts, while using motes of light to level up some weapons. Just feels like a stupid design choice having the dismantle and use actions as one button. Doesn't help that the materials were next to each other too. I know its my fault for not paying attention, but still feels fucking bad man.

gatti-man

But outside of the auras, how else are you supposed to do DPS to the bosses sans Oryx?

At least Warpriest's Aura is something different. It would've been kinda badass if that same mechanic where the brand holder has to kill enemies to keep it up were in the Oryx and Daughters fight.

Dude I've been trying to find the boss music for ages. Thanks man

The daughters have a random jumper mechanic as well as sniper and add issues and it's timed. It's not just stand in aura and dps. The aura is just a dps check integrated into fight mechanics. It's one part of a whole.

Oryx HM has several phases all going on at once culminating in a dps check in the aura. The aura itself is 1/7th of the fight at most. You have the relic holder doing his job, each person on each tower must jump up, kill their ogre and knight, avoid and control ads, move to the center, kill the relic knight and meet the relic holder (then you dps oryx in the aura) then clear ads, run to bombs, run back to center in time or die, then avoid oryx bombs rinse repeat again, after that it's the shade, rinse repeat.

How you dilute that down to well it's boring for everyone but the runner I don't really understand. And no it wouldn't have been cool it's far too hard for normal or HM, maybe challenge mode. Most people are still struggling with oryx HM. My group has it on farm as of this week but if we bring other people in it slows things down. People aren't ready for a harder raid besides the most organized and hard core of players.

coy

Didn't particularly care about the economy nerf, since I've always had an abundance of materials until today. Accidentally dismantled my batch of 600 weapon parts, while using motes of light to level up some weapons. Just feels like a stupid design choice having the dismantle and use actions as one button. Doesn't help that the materials were next to each other too. I know its my fault for not paying attention, but still feels fucking bad man.
This happens too often for my liking. I hate reading things like this. Hope you get the parts back soon.

Afrocious

The daughters have a random jumper mechanic as well as sniper and add issues and it's timed. It's not just stand in aura and dps. The aura is just a dos check integrated into fight mechanics. It's one part of a whole.

Oryx HM has several phases all going on at once culminating in a dps check in the aura. The aura itself is 1/7th of the fight at most. You have the relic holder doing his job, each person on each tower must jump up, kill their ogre and knight, avoid and control ads, move to the center, kill the relic knight and meet the relic holder (then you dps oryx in the aura) then clear ads, run to bombs, run back to center in time or die, then avoid oryx bombs rinse repeat again, after that it's the shade, rinse repeat.

How you dilute that down to well it's boring for everyone but the runner I don't really understand. And no it wouldn't have been cool it's far too hard for normal or HM, maybe challenge mode. Most people are still struggling with oryx HM. My group has it on farm as of this week but if we bring other people in it slows things down. People aren't ready for a harder raid besides the most organized and hard core of players.

I gotta say I'm impressed by a post saying something would be too hard for a hard mode of a raid, even if said addition would be something from a prior part of said raid.

You could also argue than something like Trials is too hard for normal people yet that's in the game. I'm not seeing what's this fixation is about what the everyman/normal people want to do when hard mode and stuff exists just so that small fraction of players can find stuff to do.

LTWood12

Well Trials bounties done on my main at least. Never got more than 4 wins unfortunately though. Wanted the scout, but it looks like I'll have to wait a couple months for it to come back around. :(

Afrocious

Well Trials bounties done on my main at least. Never got more than 4 wins unfortunately though. Wanted the scout, but it looks like I'll have to wait a couple months for it to come back around. :(

I don't even know if my scout is that good. It has helping hand, so I guess I can aim better with it?

I wanted Outlaw on mine or Third Eye

GorillaJu

I used my scout for infusion already. Really feels like an underwhelming gun to me. Fire rate is nice but like Victor182 was saying in party chat yesterday, the recoil is too hard to control with the fire rate that fast. I would rather have a full auto rifle with a bigger clip and higher FR or a hand cannon with higher impact shots.

You aren't missing too much.

Pics_nao

And still couldn't get the black spindle. Unless someone can help me run it in 15 minutes, I'm giving up on this weapon. It's fucking bullshit

What strategy do you guys use for Black Spindle? No matter what we do we don't have enough time to clear the enemies. We usually only have 5.5 minutes by the time we get there. No idea how to get through it faster since we're all 300. We just run out of ammo and of course this game won't let you use more for 5 minutes soooooo what the fuck are you supposed to do?

Afrocious

exotic swords are your friend for the spindle stuff

What strategy do you guys use for Black Spindle? No matter what we do we don't have enough time to clear the enemies. We usually only have 5.5 minutes by the time we get there. No idea how to get through it faster since we're all 300. We just run out of ammo and of course this game won't let you use more for 5 minutes soooooo what the fuck are you supposed to do?

main thing is to kill everything asap even if you die in the process. try to take as many enemies with you as possible.

depending on your composition, you could use supers against the boss and stunlock him with swords.

GorillaJu

Are you using swords? They help a lot for the centurions/captains. First priority is taking down the blights and adds. Then you can go for the boss with your sniper/primary

ethomaz

Banned
We reached the boss with over 6 minutes... so maybe you guys are a bit slow in the first parts.

Try to use supers to fullfill others supers...

gatti-man

I gotta say I'm impressed by a post saying something would be too hard for a hard mode of a raid, even if said addition would be something from a prior part of said raid.

You could also argue than something like Trials is too hard for normal people yet that's in the game. I'm not seeing what's this fixation is about what the everyman/normal people want to do when hard mode and stuff exists just so that small fraction of players can find stuff to do.

Because challenge mode is harder than hard mode? I have also argued that trials is now too hard as well. Bungie knew that which is why they have bounties now.

Content should still be completable by a reasonable portion of your community. Hard mode isn't even the hardest mode. Sorry your bored. Maybe you should complete KF hard mode with rock band drums and post a video of it on YouTube to show everyone how amazing you are and to prove to Bungie hard mode isn't hard enough.

11th 8-1 Card of the Week. Fuck everything.

It's all those scrubs wearingthe new 9-0 banners.

Masterphoenix

Neo Member
12191353_10153668548826226_2583959746743124793_o.jpg

Finally made it to Lighthouse with the help of a (skilled) friend. Was able to help my other friend make it as well (see in pitcure). It was glorious. 10/10 would do again. Got the pulse rifle.

exotic swords are your friend for the spindle stuff

main thing is to kill everything asap even if you die in the process. try to take as many enemies with you as possible.

depending on your composition, you could use supers against the boss and stunlock him with swords.

Ah, none of us have exotic swords and it seems like the enemies just continue spawning new black taken orb things.

I'm not dying for the Spindle so I'm cool if it alludes me as long as I don't have to play that again.

Top Bottom