• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT36| Fifty Shades of TTK

Mindlog

But outside of the auras, how else are you supposed to do DPS to the bosses sans Oryx?

At least Warpriest's Aura is something different. It would've been kinda badass if that same mechanic where the brand holder has to kill enemies to keep it up were in the Oryx and Daughters fight.
Damage phase. I heard you like jumping puzzles.
After getting the relic the runner slams on the first platform and everyone standing there is torn. While torn you can damage the Witches through their aura. The only way to stay torn is to jump to the new set of activated floating platforms. Platforms last 10 seconds after the first person touches the mote of darkness that spawns in the middle of them.

It brings the language of the pools of light together with the language of the relic AND jumping puzzles :] It breaks up the DPS phase so that it's not just standing in one place and firing everything for 20 seconds. Now it's shoot and move with the relic runner keeping pace.
What strategy do you guys use for Black Spindle? No matter what we do we don't have enough time to clear the enemies. We usually only have 5.5 minutes by the time we get there. No idea how to get through it faster since we're all 300. We just run out of ammo and of course this game won't let you use more for 5 minutes soooooo what the fuck are you supposed to do?
Swords are great, but you can get by as long as you have something to deal with each shield type. Solar is most important because of those annoying knights. The raid shotgun and HMG are effective. Void is very helpful for dealing with Wizards and my preference there is Telesto. Centurions are the primary arc enemy, but not really much of a problem. In the final room you have two choices, but taking out adds first typically worked best for me. You just have to be very aggressive clearing out one side at a time. The spawn orbs must be taken down immediately so always try to have something for that. All raid weapons are great and anything else with the Will of Light buff. Telesto is also very effective against those orbs.

If someone else is around to help we can start a quick assistance train.

TyrantII

Ah, none of us have exotic swords and it seems like the enemies just continue spawning new black taken orb things.

I'm not dying for the Spindle so I'm cool if it alludes me as long as I don't have to play that again.

8 will spawn in the final room. You need to learn where and about when and take then out fast, as they spawn additional adds. Centurions and Knights also need to make taken care of fast, before the lesser adds. In between, especially after the first two blights and adds are destroyed, hammer the ultra.

Beyond that, you should be getting to the final arena with at least 6:30 left on the clock. Make use of stringing supers to get it done, and smart use of heavy synth. Exotic swords really help to clear everything before the final room.

Wow played the laggest match in ToO ever. Half of the time I am on the matches screen or a black screen. Worst part is thier team was terrible :/

Xeyark

Unconfirmed Member
I'm looking to finish up the Touch of Malice quests on my wife's account. Undying mind strike and Fear's embrace. Anyone around who'd like to help me clear those up as quick as possible?

Ah, none of us have exotic swords and it seems like the enemies just continue spawning new black taken orb things.

I'm not dying for the Spindle so I'm cool if it alludes me as long as I don't have to play that again.

The first time I did that mission was the hardest. We were all in the 280s, and had no swords. We ran 3 storm callers and killed all the adds ASAP, the. Went after the boss.

2nd time we did it, we all had legendary swords and rushed the captains/centurions, then killed adds while damaging the boss here and there.

3rd time we all had exotics swords and that was kinda easy.

All the times we did it, we got to the boss room with about 6 minutes left.

Finished KF last night for the first time.
Amazing experience. Loved it. Can't wait to play more. ^_^
After that glorified strike (*cough* CE *cough*), this was a breath of fresh air.

VoG is still #1 in my heart. <3

Q: any point in playing VoG/CE/PoE anymore? Do we get Y2 drops (blues/purples)?

GutZ31

Finished KF last night for the first time.
Amazing experience. Loved it. Can't wait to play more. ^_^
After that glorified strike (*cough* CE *cough*), this was a breath of fresh air.

VoG is still #1 in my heart. <3

Q: any point in playing VoG/CE/PoE anymore? Do we get Y2 drops (blues/purples)?
You can't get year 2 drops for any of the old raids, unless you use 3 of coins on Skolas.

You can do PoE 28 and up for strange coin farming, as the chests at the end are very likely to give you some.

Vault of Glass is the raid all other raids wish they could be.

You can't get year 2 drops for any of the old raids, unless you use 3 of coins on Skolas.

You can do PoE 28 and up for strange coin farming, as the chests at the end are very likely to give you some.

Vault of Glass is the raid all other raids wish they could be.
Thanks for info Gutz!

I don't see their reasoning behind throwing away old content, tbh...
Fine, you don't have to drop Y2 raid gear, but at least give Y2 rewards to TTK owners who play that content. wtf? o_O

What's the best farming route to get 50 flakes? ;_;

GorillaJu

Thanks for info Gutz!

Fine, you don't have to drop Y2 raid gear, but at least give Y2 rewards to TTK owners who play that content. wtf? o_O

Get on a night stalker with keen scout and go to the mausoleum on the dreadnaught. Circle the perimeter and look for chests on the minimap.

GutZ31

Thanks for info Gutz!

Be a nightstalker Hunter.
Use Keen Scout perk.

Run around Haul Breach, after you exhaust the chests there, go to the mausoleum.
When chests are farmed to nil, go back to haul breach.
Continue.

23qwerty

Finally played ten matches of Snipers: The Game Mode, I mean Trials of Osiris, and boy is that a terrible experience. Sure could do with a banning of snipers. Oh well, got a nice helmet, worth.

Thanks for info Gutz!

Just do a loop of the outside area of the dreadnaught. Literally takes about 30mins

Go tunnels > Room at tunnels > both Lower rooms at spawn > Front door at cabal boxes.

You can also throw mausoleum in there if you exhaust the chest quick enough, I didn't have that issue as I was killing stuff too and found that the chest spawned quick enough.

Loop that and you'll have them all pretty quickly.

Top Bottom