• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT36| Fifty Shades of TTK

The point is so people don't have to run 3x raids each week to stay at the forefront of the endgame, where it'd make the raids more of a job than an activity.

Originally, Vault of Glass (and all pre-DB content) was also obsolete when Dark Below came out. It was a patch right before House of Wolves, and House of Wolves in general that retroactively made VoG and pre-DB guns and armor relevant to the endgame again. Obsoletion was already a thing in Destiny. It's just that they changed to the "Year __" mechanic halfway through the first year and did a half-reboot before TTK's full reboot that moved and consolided the obsoletion epoch.
Most Destiny hardcore players would look at it that way (a "job" of running 3 raids every week), I'm not so sure about the others (me included).
It pains me to see that all Y1 end game content was made obsolete because I would like as much people as possible to experience the brilliance of VoG and other end game stuff.
And you really can't incentivize people for doing that "just for the story".
Having those raids drop Y2 stuff (blues,purples and yellows) would be a great motivator, IMHO. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Langy

I think Inapplicable, Ikkarus and me are ready for a HM run. Need 3 more souls I guess?

I'll be up for this. Still havent tried to kill oryx yet on hard but done all the other encounters...psn is Langoit.

Just running strikes so send me an inv and i'll jump in

So newish player here.
Got my light up to 278 so far.
Anyone want to just run strikes for a few hrs?
Im grinding it out to 290.
When i hit 280 we can even run NF.

PSN: RukiaRemix

ocean

Banned
3 hours for Activision third quarter conference call.

Doubt we'll get hard numbers but they'll almost certainly highlight a best-spin milestone for Destiny. TTK launch having higher peak concurrent players than vanilla launch was a fairly solid achievement (game retained or added more players since launch than it shed), so I'm eager to see what they tell us now.

Number45

So I hit crucible rank 3 last night and picked up the Jolly Holliday quest... but it hasn't actually told me how to get the gun I'm supposed to use. :s

Number45

I think you need The Last Word which is an exotic HC drop..
Yeah, seemed odd because I'm pretty sure I never got the drop in Y1 - is there a Y2 version?

EDIT: So it seems this will require me to not suck in PvP. I'll probably complete the requirements just as Destiny 2 drops! D:

Zoidberg

Darkblade nightfall. 20 minutes after weekly reset. Kill counted as current nightfall. We all got 310 Telesto.

GOT THE DARKBLADE HELMET!

So crazy

310 telestos all round it seems. Don't worry game I'm happy to wait for my 310 zhalo, maybe when the light cap goes up?

JonCha

3 hours for Activision third quarter conference call.

Doubt we'll get hard numbers but they'll almost certainly highlight a best-spin milestone for Destiny. TTK launch having higher peak concurrent players than vanilla launch was a fairly solid achievement (game retained or added more players since launch than it shed), so I'm eager to see what they tell us now.

Will be interesting for sure. Would be nice to get some future indication - even a hint - towards what's coming next. Doubtful though.

noomi

Oh no, i had the totem CP and forgot that the time change affected reset time :(

Anyone have a HM totem checkpoint to shar?

Anyone wanna help me do the taken skip thing for uh, my warlock? Requires loading a few missions @_@

oh and a fucking ghost shell. bravo bungie.

Jaeyden

Trials up to it's old bullshit again. On 5 wins last night and waiting in orbit for match making, game disconnects us before match starts and gives us a loss. Pissed off, go back to reef and get new card. Waiting in orbit to start first match, game disconnects us again and gives us a loss. Seriously what is this shit? On another note, friend got a 314 Graviton Forfeit from a silver package :0

ocean

Banned
Will be interesting for sure. Would be nice to get some future indication - even a hint - towards what's coming next. Doubtful though.
Nah they'll let Bungie announce things. Pretty sure there won't be any hints regarding Destiny's future outside a mention of the micro transaction revenue stream.

Namikaze1

Back from my break. Time to form this group.

HM reset run (PS4)

1. Me
2. And you
3. And you
4. Can't forget about you
5. Like I'm leaving you behind
6. Who? I'm kidding :p

Top Bottom