• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT36| Fifty Shades of TTK

LTWood12

I'm all for the new bounty/reward system. Just go back to the old MM, which was better IMHO, fix the lag, and I'm happy. The new weapon meta is what it is. We will never have another Messenger or anything like it. We will just have good archetype weapons and different flavors of them.

Sorry we sucked last night Ape.

Not sure if gutter_trash or myopic came in here after our ToO run last night, but we had some insane shit happen during one match. We had 3 strong wins in the first three rounds, lost the next one, and then had a great come back with a clutch golden gun team clear to go up 4-1. All of a sudden it hung at the end of round scoring sheet. We were like, "ohh fuck, are they DDoS one of us?" It sat there for a good two minutes. Then all of a sudden the next match started. However, I was on a completely different fire team, and gutter_trash and myopic had some random third person in the group. Both our strange mixed groups went on to win that round, completing the 5-1, but I was in a different ToO group altogether. But then back at the final score screen I was back with my original group. It was bizarre as fuck. In hindsight I should have saved the clip.

I'm all for the new bounty/reward system. Just go back to the old MM, which was better IMHO, fix the lag, and I'm happy. The new weapon meta is what it is. We will never have another Messenger or anything like it. We will just have good archetype weapons and different flavors of them.

Speaking of I went to my postmaster and found the most dreadful Spare Change in the history of ever.

Dropped with Exhumed and Last Resort. The middle tree was all reload speed perks.

The flavor text read, "Keep it." to which I replied, "No."

Speaking of I went to my postmaster and found the most dreadful Spare Change in the history of ever.

Dropped with Exhumed and Last Resort. The middle tree was all reload speed perks.

The flavor text read, "Keep it." to which I replied, "No."

Bwuahahahaha. Sorry we didn't get to Flawless on that run when we played. You're a good sniper.

Kyne

look at all those decent perks.

DPZKIhC.png

that feel when your gold package is absolute shit because of the 'game balancing'.

My K/D ratio for our five matches:

shitty great shitty good shitty

To be fair, you did have an infant in your lap. You can have a pass. We also came up against a good chunk of campers and annoying play. You know those competitive types that just camp for super. How crazy would Trials be without supers? Just a snipe fest I imagine.

EL CUCO

Those Ghost rewards for the NF need to chill the heck out. Who dialed the nob up from 0-90% drop rate on that crap?

GhaleonEB

It was fun to (mostly, thanks for the help) solo the Nightfall which is a good thing because good grief I'm not playing for the rewards :\

CS5ny3rU8AAL4Yp.jpg

Deku Tree

Not sure why I keep doing NF... I got a 310 exotic gloves while I was wearing 317 raid gloves and I was like "should I shard it"?

If 310 exotics are no longer exciting then there is really nothing about NF loot that is worth chasing... still just doing it for the fun.

Destiny has turned into 3x HM KF raids per week and 3x useless NF per week, and then I'm out... don't care about PvP or Trials and I usually don't have a lot of time to play on weekends anyway... I am ready for the KF raid challenges.

Bwuahahahaha. Sorry we didn't get to Flawless on that run when we played. You're a good sniper.

Thanks. I wasn't expecting it tbh. I ended up deleting multiple 6-0 and by that point I realised I never even got the scout yet. Definitely need to plan things out better next time.

Also, who is this guy? What happened to angry Ape? :(

GhaleonEB

And that's why its ridiculous for NF not to have faction rep anymore.

Of all the changes with TTK removing that from the NF rewards is probably the worst offender.

I think I'm done with NF's for a good while. For the time investment, the rewards are still awful, and on balance far worse than year 1.

PuMa

To be fair, you did have an infant in your lap. You can have a pass. We also came up against a good chunk of campers and annoying play. You know those competitive types that just camp for super. How crazy would Trials be without supers? Just a snipe fest I imagine.

I think that map really promotes camp/sniping a bit, also. I don't dislike it, but it's tough for Trials.

Plus two matches we came up against one guy who was lagging, and of course we lost those.

Kyoufu

Of all the changes with TTK removing that from the NF rewards is probably the worst offender.

When they announced that change and that they'd increase base reputation and XP gains from other sources I figured they'd just give everyone the buff as standard so that we wouldn't feel like we need to do the NF for Radiant Light before doing anything else.

Instead, what actually happened was that we didn't get a base Rep/XP buff as standard and we didn't feel like we need to do NFs not just first in the week but AT ALL.

Amazing.

Getting rid of that NF exp buff is insane. I feel bad for people starting out with TTK who want to get one of those exotic class items. I'm pretty sure you can do daily bounties for an entire month and not level up a single faction level. Motes are basically the only way now.

Thanks. I wasn't expecting it tbh. I ended up deleting multiple 6-0 and by that point I realised I never even got the scout yet. Definitely need to plan things out better next time.

Also, who is this guy? What happened to angry Ape? :(

Haha. I need to relax. Trying to be more positive and less salty about it. I was complaining WAY too much over the weekend.

I am completely average. I really need to learn how to snipe.

You're better than you think you are :) Which reminds me, we could play again together sometime.

I think that map really promotes camp/sniping a bit, also. I don't dislike it, but it's tough for Trials.

Plus two matches we came up against one guy who was lagging, and of course we lost those.

You just needed more beer. Beer Puma is best puma.

It is anyway. I haven't gotten a chance to play the new ToO yet but most of the kills I've seen on streams are just snipers camping bodies.

Kyne

I will say this, lag wasn't ToO bad during for us during trials.

I play with my girlfriend and best friend a lot of the time and though my girlfriend can hold her own, my friend isn't so competitive. Before this update he had never stepped foot inside Trials, and I don't think I'd ever want him to.

This time around he was able to at least get all the bounties done and obtain some loot out of it. Going in there with the mentality of not taking things too seriously is pretty nice, so at least they've granted us that.

Kyoufu

One problem with Nightfall is that 90% of the good loot in the game was quest exclusive, so there wasn't much left to chase.

Another problem is that most of the time, the rewards are too low light level for us to care about.

Honestly, I miss old school NFs. The risk of being booted to orbit actually made the activity intense for me. I don't mind that being removed but it's just that they removed everything unique or exciting about this activity that it feels like I'm just doing a weekly heroic strike instead of a Nightfall.

One problem with Nightfall is that 90% of the good loot in the game was quest exclusive, so there wasn't much left to chase.

Another problem is that most of the time, the rewards are too low light level for us to care about.

Honestly, I miss old school NFs. The risk of being booted to orbit actually made the activity intense for me. I don't mind that being removed but it's just that they removed everything unique or exciting about this activity that it feels like I'm just doing a weekly heroic strike instead of a Nightfall.

They NEED to update all the year 1 shit man

The new loot pool feels smaller than HoW as far as useful gear goes

I dont even know how thats possible for me to feel that way

ich00

What: HM king's fall! (PS4)
When: tonight 10pm est (earlier if the family is asleep earlier)
Where: dreadnaught
Who: anyone! (I'm not worried too much about light level, 300 would be nice)
1. Ichabod00

Looking to maybe complete my first king's fall raid, got to the daughters last week and couldn't get a group to finish it. Maybe this could become a weekly thing if we want.

Who's with me!?!

There's nothing for me to find between 3oC and barely any exotics. Feelsbadman

edit: almost top of page hype

gYaex0V.gif

There's nothing for me to find between 3oC and barely any exotics. Feelsbadman

I wish the perk roll pools were much larger and filled with combinations we actually want to shoot for

They put every slot into this predictable formula that makes everything feel the damn same

Let the weapons and armor BREATH

Kyoufu

Nightfalls should give 9 motes of light and 9 strange coins each.

I'll take that over any of the current possible loot drops to be perfectly honest.

Top Bottom