• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT36| Fifty Shades of TTK

FStop7

Banned
There needs to be a constant stream of new loot being injected into the game. Court of Oryx and Prison of Elders need to be made relevant again.

Also, being at light level 290 and most of my drops being in the 260s is extremely annoying.

Nightfalls should give 9 motes of light and 9 strange coins each.

I'll take that over any of the current possible loot drops to be perfectly honest.

NF used to have a place, but now it's just another stepping stone for someone in the 280-310 range. I miss the double XP the most. Armor takes FOREVER.

It would be pretty cool if Nightfalls were the only way some year 2 versions of year 1 exotics would drop. I think it would make them worthwhile again.
Year 2 Red Death, Bones of Eao, Sunbreakers, etc.
The rng would probably still fuck you, but it'd be worth trying.

Kyne

that feel when you misclick into another game's OT and see Hawkian.
Red_Shouldered_Hawk_portrait.jpg

Shito

They NEED to update all the year 1 shit man

The new loot pool feels smaller than HoW as far as useful gear goes

I dont even know how thats possible for me to feel that way
The end-game is certainly more anemic and scarce than it was in HoW or TDB, but I would argue that it's even almost as bad or worse than vanilla Destiny.
I think it's the first time since TTK launched that the nightfall is not one of the 3 new strikes?
I don't want to select the PVE or PVP "classic" playlists to play the old content, Bungie, it should be in all the end-game playlists, even if some old strikes don't have taken version for them.
HM VoG and HM CE should drop their respective gear at 310~320 light. Nerf fatebringer if you really fear people using it too much, or just make them drop armor pieces, but this need to happen, and it needs to happen like yesterday.

I really want to clear out my quest log and do this quest for the Chaperone (the one that requires you to get Crucible kills with The Last Word) my issue is I don't have a friggin Last Word. Is there a specific way to get it or is it just a random drop from something?

Kyne

I really want to clear out my quest log and do this quest for the Chaperone (the one that requires you to get Crucible kills with The Last Word) my issue is I don't have a friggin Last Word. Is there a specific way to get it or is it just a random drop from something?

random drop.

RNG drop from a Primary Exotic Engram or hope that Xur sells it.

deadduck

It's a random drop, some people don't like that now because it gives them nothing to do, so enjoy that (made easier with 3oC)

The end-game is certainly more anemic and scarce than it was in HoW or TDB, but I would argue that it's even almost as bad or worse than vanilla Destiny.
I think it's the first time since TTK launched that the nightfall is not one of the 3 new strikes?
I don't want to select the PVE or PVP "classic" playlists to play the old content, Bungie, it should be in all the end-game playlists, even if some old strikes don't have taken version for them.
HM VoG and HM CE should drop their respective gear at 310~320 light. Nerf fatebringer if you really fear people using it too much, or just make them drop armor pieces, but this need to happen, and it needs to happen like yesterday.

They homogenized gear in the name of balance

I know we need balance but they should have a LITTLE more fun with gear and weapon perks

stb

That makes sense. But it becomes regular Crucible at that point. It would be Trials in name only. I'm sorry you didn't find a group to get your bounties but this is basically asking for the activity to become a joke with amazing loot. It would eliminate the thrill of not knowing who you're up against next. A solid win wouldn't be something to feel good about either just oh lol poor randos.

Having a teams vs teams playlist is probably the best thing that's happened to the game. Without it, HoW would have seen the population nosedive so, so hard.

EDIT: my reply was super late. Sorry. I didn't realize how many pages back I was.

I'm confused about your saying this in the context of how you feel about MM in raids.

TOO is *supposed* to be about team vs team competition, just like raids are *supposed* to be about a fairly tight group communicating and overcoming mechanics and in game challenges.

Why is MM for one good, but not for the other?

Dumbing down raids to MM (not in-game LFG) can do it is technically an option if they somehow had spare people-hours to do it, but how's that different than how they already dumbed down Trials with with the bounties (which I'm strongly in favor of)?

MM Trials teams would flounder card after card maybe getting 2-3 wins per card, grinding toward the bounties. With the new win-count-based matchmaking, there'd be negligible impact to the 4-to-9-win end of the curve, where people seemed to be finding the challenge this week anyway. Your experience of playing with a legitimate fireteam probably wouldn't be impacted perceptibly; we're already facing teams we steamroll regardless of our own skill level).

I'm not advocating MM in Trials, btw, I'm legitimately asking what you perceive the difference to be where it makes sense for one, but not the other.

DarKshodaN

Destiny is getting boring for me, i can only run 3 times HM Raid and that's it

NF Rewards are wothless if you are over 310 already.

Shito

They homogenized gear in the name of balance

I know we need balance but they should have a LITTLE more fun with gear and weapon perks
Yeah, and we're back to the good old "they should have separated PVE and PVP".
I want weapons that "break" the game like FB and Gjallarhorn did; the solution to make people have a more varied arsenal was not to create less of them, but to create more of those... :/

Yeah, and we're back to the good old "they should have separated PVE and PVP".
I want weapons that "break" the game like FB and Gjallarhorn did; the solution to make people have a more varied arsenal was not to create less of them, but to create more of those... :/

They dont have to be gamebreaking as much as they need to be fun and interesting

I thought Zhalo and Telesto were pretty decently designed while some of the other exotics just seem like the best legendaries from year one turned into exotics

Armor is boring as fuck

At least HoW armor, raid armors, and vendor legendaries were all distinguishable

VoG armor sucked though..

GutZ31

Wat?
I walk in, and learn of Hawkians betrayal?

Our bird of salvation and freedom has left us for greener pastures?

What have we done!

Namikaze1

The current endgame just sucks. I don't see any point in doing Nightfalls when all the gear I get will be worse than what I have on. Doesn't help they got rid of the fucking 500 rep points for doing it. There's no point in doing Weekly when I've been at marks cap for a week and a half and have nothing to spend them on. Crucible...well everyone knows what it's currently like. Trials has its problems. The raid? Ha! Don't even get me started on the disappointment that is King's Fall Hard mode.

I'm just glad I'll be taking a long break soon. Whoever it was in Bungie that said they wanted players to leave feeling satified, I'm sorry but I'll be leaving feeling disappointed.

Yeah besides HM kings fall and ToO there's not much to do. Saying that, I didn't even finish 2 Hm raids or attempted ToO till the very last 3 hours..

Top Bottom