• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT36| Fifty Shades of TTK

Deku Tree

18 strange coins...again...for the third week in a row

fuck you bungie, lmao

I would consider that a fantastic NF reward. I got a 310 exotic gloves that I already had at 310 while wearing 317 raid gloves, and a 302 ghost with perks that I already had, and a handcanon with awful perks. And I'm at max marks so dismantling the ghost and the AR gives me nothing anyway. Would have loved to get 18 SC.

The current endgame just sucks. I don't see any point in doing Nightfalls when all the gear I get will be worse than what I have on. Doesn't help they got rid of the fucking 500 rep points for doing it. There's no point in doing Weekly when I've been at marks cap for a week and a half and have nothing to spend them on. Crucible...well everyone knows what it's currently like. Trials has its problems. The raid? Ha! Don't even get me started on the disappointment that is King's Fall Hard mode.

I'm just glad I'll be taking a long break soon. Whoever it was in Bungie that said they wanted players to leave feeling satified, I'm sorry but I'll be leaving feeling disappointed.

Aww comeon

TTK was great

Sure the endgame isnt amazing but the path there was well worth the investment in my mind

and I still enjoy casual daily gameplay. Take a break and wait to see what the next big update is

Hopefully they can make the endgame content much more compelling

LunaticPuma

dresses business casual
Can we talk about how stupid and lazily implemented artifacts are. I thought they would be like class mods in BL2 when they were announced. Boy was I wrong. They're just another stupid level gate that has zero benefit to the character. They really need to drop the stats and defense rating and give them interesting and unique abilities a la BL2. Also, it's impossible to level them up outside of Eris' quests.

Shito

They dont have to be gamebreaking as much as they need to be fun and interesting

I thought Zhalo and Telesto were pretty decently designed while some of the other exotics just seem like the best legendaries from year one turned into exotics

Armor is boring as fuck

At least HoW armor, raid armors, and vendor legendaries were all distinguishable

VoG armor sucked though..
I loved and still love VoG armors. :D
Zhalo and Telesto are a step in the right direction, and above the other new exotics yeah, even if they still seem a bit mild and "safe"...

The current endgame just sucks. I don't see any point in doing Nightfalls when all the gear I get will be worse than what I have on. Doesn't help they got rid of the fucking 500 rep points for doing it. There's no point in doing Weekly when I've been at marks cap for a week and a half and have nothing to spend them on. Crucible...well everyone knows what it's currently like. Trials has its problems. The raid? Ha! Don't even get me started on the disappointment that is King's Fall Hard mode.

I'm just glad I'll be taking a long break soon. Whoever it was in Bungie that said they wanted players to leave feeling satified, I'm sorry but I'll be leaving feeling disappointed.
That's my current stance as well.
They obviously spent a LOT of time designing the raid, making sure that it was solid enough that no exploit could arise from it, but in the end it feels too stiff for my tastes; it just is one big partition you have to play near perfectly from start to finish, there's no improvisation to be had. But where they really dropped the ball was on the loot: it's ugly, it sucks, and it has this double RNG thing tied to it.
What I really dislike, though, is how little content there is now at end-game (mind you, I don't really fancy PVP): only one relevant raid... and that's it. At least during HoW you could still run the old raid if you were late (as I was) on their drops...

Zoba was right with his "Destiny's endgame has gotten worse" topic... :/

ocean

Banned

When I wrote my hyper long post I thought I was alone. But I think a lot of guys like us, who played very intensely, are more disappointed with the current endgame than we've been since the game launched.

And it has nothing to do with having everything. I've always had everything a few weeks after each major content release. It's not even an achievement really, getting everything in this game is basically unavoidable if you play regularly. But it used to be more engaging to play for the hell of it than it is now.

Raid offering zero compelling rewards is lame. Random Light means it's taken too long for average player base light level to go up, making an otherwise piss easy raid hard for folks who RNG has fucked over: lame. Crucible introduced too many fucked up incentives to quit or play poorly, ruining it for those of us who liked it: lame. NF/Weekly were ran even when you had everything for rep boost, XP boost, and that sweet 1,000 rep. Now it's like lol nah why bother. If Insee someone post they're at the boss and I can join for free loot...I still wouldn't bother because that's how bad it's useless: lame. Trials getting laggy: lame. Legendary drops from Crucible basically not existing: lame.

Hand Cannons being nerfed: not lame but rather mind bogglingly frustrating and worse than having wiped my accounts tier bad.

I just got home from work. Normally I'd be on playing. But I know if I load it up I'll just join a shitty match in progress because an asshole's quest was losing progress. Or I can join a Strike which someone will quit out of as soon as I get in and never be replaced. Or shit it's Tuesday, NF? Lol I'll sacrifice that 290 Ghost and let some other lucky guardian get it.

I don't mean to sound salty, this is still my favorite game. But the design decisions are all basically little slices of fun they picked away until very little is left for us.

I loved and still love VoG armors. :D
Zhalo and Telesto are a step in the right direction, and above the other new exotics yeah, even if they still seem a bit mild and "safe"...

That's my current stance as well.
They obviously spent a LOT of time designing the raid, making sure that it was solid enough that no exploit could arise from it, but in the end it feels too stiff for my tastes; it just is one big partition you have to play near perfectly from start to finish, there's no improvisation to be had. But where they really dropped the ball was on the loot: it's ugly, it sucks, and it has this double RNG thing tied to it.
What I really dislike, though, is how little content there is now at end-game (mind you, I don't really fancy PVP): only one relevant raid... and that's it. At least during HoW you could still run the old raid if you were late (as I was) on their drops...

Oh no! VoG Armor LOOKED awesome.. Just the perks were underwhelming

Namikaze1

I'm having a hard time psyching myself up to do 3x Nightfalls.
I did just one nightfall run today and that was because breezy asked for help. I wouldn't have done Nightfall if he hadn't asked. As someone with gear at 310 and above, I just don't see the point in doing it. If it still had the 500 rep points reward, I would have done 2 runs for said points to get my Titan and Warlock closer to rank 25 for New Monarchy and FWC respectively. But they got rid of it.

Same with last week. I would have supplied it if not for Math asking for help. I already skipped last two weeks' weekly heroic and I'm planning to do so again this week.

Aww comeon

TTK was great

Sure the endgame isnt amazing but the path there was well worth the investment in my mind

and I still enjoy casual daily gameplay. Take a break and wait to see what the next big update is

Hopefully they can make the endgame content much more compelling
Oh I agree that the TTK story campaign is great but it's the endgame I'm only talking about in that post.

ocean

Banned
Oh no! VoG Armor LOOKED awesome.. Just the perks were underwhelming
Wat. Special ammo loader on Gauntlets was GOAT for a long time. The rolls, on average, were absurdly good. Infused to 34 they usually had higher Int/Dis than any other stuff you had (RNG gonna RNG but I observed this over all my characters).

By legendary armor standards, it was absolutely top tier. Only place it was outdone was Trials gear. Trials Gauntlets had double speed reload which was insane (still have my old HC+Special reload, holy fucking shit was that perfect).

noomi

You know what makes it so hard to leave? This community and the friends I've made over the last year.

I want to let go, but I am not strong.

You guys better play The Division with me when it comes out. It will be a new DGAF

I think, outside the lag, the new system is far better.

This is like saying "Aside from the hole in his head, Mr. Lincoln enjoyed the play."

Lag is a fatal flaw for Trials. All other debate about accessibility, status symbol emblems etc is totally moot. A P2P network game with notoriously bad netcode doesn't have the luxury of incorporating skill-based MM into a mode like Trials. Until they add dedicated servers (installed by flying pigs of course) Trials must be purely connection based.

Namikaze1

When I wrote my hyper long post I thought I was alone. But I think a lot of guys like us, who played very intensely, are more disappointed with the current endgame than we've been since the game launched.

And it has nothing to do with having everything. I've always had everything a few weeks after each major content release. It's not even an achievement really, getting everything in this game is basically unavoidable if you play regularly. But it used to be more engaging to play for the hell of it than it is now.

Raid offering zero compelling rewards is lame. Random Light means it's taken too long for average player base light level to go up, making an otherwise piss easy raid hard for folks who RNG has fucked over: lame. Crucible introduced too many fucked up incentives to quit or play poorly, ruining it for those of us who liked it: lame. NF/Weekly were ran even when you had everything for rep boost, XP boost, and that sweet 1,000 rep. Now it's like lol nah why bother. If Insee someone post they're at the boss and I can join for free loot...I still wouldn't bother because that's how bad it's useless: lame. Trials getting laggy: lame. Legendary drops from Crucible basically not existing: lame.

Hand Cannons being nerfed: not lame but rather mind bogglingly frustrating and worse than having wiped my accounts tier bad.

I just got home from work. Normally I'd be on playing. But I know if I load it up I'll just join a shitty match in progress because an asshole's quest was losing progress. Or I can join a Strike which someone will quit out of as soon as I get in and never be replaced. Or shit it's Tuesday, NF? Lol I'll sacrifice that 290 Ghost and let some other lucky guardian get it.

I don't mean to sound salty, this is still my favorite game. But the design decisions are all basically little slices of fun they picked away until very little is left for us.
I forgot you where away for month. Zoba had ranted about the endgame, going so far as making a thread over at gaming side. I ended up making a huge post over there agreeing with his stance and explaining why I'm so disappointed with the current endgame and other stuff.

Recently, all I've been doing is AFK'ing in orbit, wondering what the hell am I gonna do. It's no wonder why I have nearly 1k hours in AFK'ing . Oh yeah, I'm not lying about that number. Did some math to figure out how much time was spent just AFK'ing using two sites a while back.

Wat. Special ammo loader on Gauntlets was GOAT for a long time. The rolls, on average, were absurdly good. Infused to 34 they usually had higher Int/Dis than any other stuff you had (RNG gonna RNG but I observed this over all my characters).

By legendary armor standards, it was absolutely top tier. Only place it was outdone was Trials gear. Trials Gauntlets had double speed reload which was insane (still have my old HC+Special reload, holy fucking shit was that perfect).

Hmm so the base stats were higher to compensate for less perks?

Cuz I think Crotas End armors had more perks (even if some were raid specific) that I found useful. Especially the gloves.

HoW gear also had some interesting perks here and there

I think VoG helmets had inverse shadow though right?

Frostburn

I agree, I've done hard mode. I'm not HUGE into PVP and at this point the only way for me to "earn" anything of value is to do HM Raid. Sometimes it takes an hour or so per run and that is fine but when it stretches to 2 and sometimes even 3 hours depending on the group it just sucks the fun out of it for me knowing this grind is basically all I can do to progress. I've done all the Nightfalls (Strike) enough and besides the occasional time gated quest there just isn't much to look forward to each week.

I'm glad a bunch of great games are starting to come out though, I've been keeping myself busy back on the PC side of things lately though I still miss Destiny once in a while there just isn't a good incentive to keep playing if friends aren't going to be on at the same time.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Yeah, the endgame is seriously lacking. Right now you can just do the HM raid 3 times a week and that's it, no need to play Destiny until the next reset. Once you get the Trials adept pulse rifle, there's no need to play it too unless you like competitive PvP. The NFs and the Weeklies are completely useless and there's nothing to buy using legendary marks other than planetary materials. They also really need to fix the NF loot again. 2 ghosts and a 298 pulse rifle is useless to me at this point. I also hate the fact that exotics in this game aren't that valuable anymore because many of them are pretty average. I miss chasing them :(

PuMa

You know what makes it so hard to leave? This community and the friends I've made over the last year.

You guys better play The Division with me when it comes out. It will be a new DGAF

I'm still holding out hope for The Division. I really want it to be good!

the most fun I had in TTK were the extra Petra and Variks missions.

I like story missions invovling the Fallen because they are credible villains and not buggy like the Hive.

Seeing the Fallen challenging the Cabal was awesome

I would play an entire game with more story mode missions like that.

Shield Bros was the best strike

Strider

People want daily activities and missions in fucking halo now. Why do people feel like they need a reward every day they login to play a video game? Why can't people just enjoy playing the damn game? It's like if there's no exp bar to fill then the game is pointless.

This mindset is shared by so many and it makes me sad tbh. It makes sense for a game like Destiny but geez every fuckin game doesn't need rewards for you to login and play a multiplayer game or two.

/end rant

Namikaze1

Sorry, Noomi, but it looks like I won't be backstabbing you and stealing your loot. March 2016 is all about Uncharted 4 and Dark Souls 3 for me.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
I disagreed with zoba when he made that thread but he was right. I accept it.

Also lag in Trials is horrible. If I'm the host I sometimes get matched with Japanese players and I have a red bar all the time. Irawr couldn't even spawn after a round, it was that bad.

You are not the only one Nami, I feel worse than before about the loot drops, Weekly sucks, Nightfall sucks, Raid drops are a joke, and Trials is a lagging shithole. I'm glad that a Treyarch COD and Fallout 4 is on the horizon because I need a break from this game, I really do.

E92 M3

People want daily activities and missions in fucking halo now. Why do people feel like they need a reward every day they login to play a video game? Why can't people just enjoy playing the damn game? It's like if there's no exp bar to fill then the game is pointless.

This mindset is shared by so many and it makes me sad tbh. It makes sense for a game like Destiny but geez every fuckin game doesn't need rewards for you to login and play a multiplayer game or two.

/end rant

A free daily Bronze pack would do wonders for Halo 5. Don't see the harm.

--

On the topic of end-game, Bungie went a little overboard with making sure most weapons are average or good. I want more crazy guns to chase. Getting a Gjallarhorn was an event of its own and we don't have that in Y2 unfortunately.

Noomi himself made a video of people getting the Ghorn. Reactions are the best.

GutZ31

I'm still holding out hope for The Division. I really want it to be good!

I WAS hoping Divison would be good, but then Watch Dogs, Assassins Creed Unity, and a few more Ubisoft games came out that totally made me feel like they have no idea what they are doing.

You are not the only one Nami, I feel worse than before about the loot drops, Weekly sucks, Nightfall sucks, Raid drops are a joke, and Trials is a lagging shithole. I'm glad that a Treyarch COD and Fallout 4 is on the horizon because I need a break from this game, I really do.

don't forget Lord Shaxx's 5 weekly bounties............ then you get an ordinary Crucible Legendary

I did Lord Shaxx's 5 weekly bounties three times and received average legendary Crucible weapons as rewards

i haven't touched a Shaxx weekly bounty ever since

neoism

lol so I take it the patch for the month of November that they stated earlier in October is coming the 10th right what the fuck bungie....lol smh...

Shito

/end rant
We've played this "just for the fun of it" game for more than one year now.
People are done playing the same PVE strikes and raids a billion times already, and the state of PVP, as stated by other posters, makes it hard to enjoy it "just for the fun of it".
If anything, the part you are describing is exactly what most of us are commending and not debating about: the new story missions and quests were really nice and fun to play through!
But now that that's done, it's hard to argue that the endgame is substantial or varied enough to sustain enough interest as to play it just for fun...

EL CUCO

I think most of us enjoy Raiding, but nobody really enjoys getting fodder for a reward. (might even be useless fodder, since the "smart" loot isn't even smart.)

TTK as a whole is great, but you dun goofed in that aspect, Luke. I really hope Bungie has an ace up their sleeve for challenge modes.

Namikaze1

We've played this "just for the fun of it" game for more than one year now.
People are done playing the same PVE strikes and raids a billion times already, and the state of PVP, as stated by other posters, makes it hard to enjoy it "just for the fun of it".
If anything, the part you are describing is exactly what most of us are commending and not debating about: the new story missions and quests were really nice and fun to play through!
But now that that's done, it's hard to argue that the endgame is substantial or varied enough to sustain enough interest as to play it just for fun...
He's talking about Halo 5. :p

don't forget Lord Shaxx's 5 weekly bounties............ then you get an ordinary Crucible Legendary

I did Lord Shaxx's 5 weekly bounties three times and received average legendary Crucible weapons as rewards

i haven't touched a Shaxx weekly bounty ever since

The questline is so long that I didn't even finished it hearing how bad the rewards are.

Deku Tree

I actually enjoying the lack of things to do in Destiny, now that I have done so much.

Nobody needs to play the same game obsessively for hours and hours every day non-stop for months and months.

It's better to have long periods when you go and do something else. So I'm enjoying it right now.

Top Bottom