• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT36| Fifty Shades of TTK

Namikaze1

I gave up on completing the Crucible quest line. It's too damn long and you basically need a premade team for several of the steps cause 90% of the time you'll end up being on a team with crappy players.

Shito

I'm worried about The Division's community.
Those darkness zones with PVP or whatever the name was, and the fact that you can betray your teammates, well... I don't see this fostering a nice community like Destiny has... :/

Strider

We've played this "just for the fun of it" game for more than one year now.
People are done playing the same PVE strikes and raids a billion times already, and the state of PVP, as stated by other posters, makes it hard to enjoy it "just for the fun of it".
If anything, the part you are describing is exactly what most of us are commending and not debating about: the new story missions and quests were really nice and fun to play through!
But now that that's done, it's hard to argue that the endgame is substantial or varied enough to sustain enough interest as to play it just for fun...

Talking about a different game :p

A free daily Bronze pack would do wonders for Halo 5.

It really wouldn't.

Sure it'd be nice to have free packs for those that will continue to play regularly but to act like free req packs for logging in and playing is going to make any kind of significant difference in population numbers is silly to me.

But it's not Halo specifically that I'm talking about that was just my example.

The questline is so long that I didn't even finished it hearing how bad the rewards are.

oohhhh yes it was really really long........... to get a 150 Hot Head rocket launcher without Tracking and without Grenades & Horseshoes.
maxresdefault.jpg

E92 M3

I actually enjoying the lack of things to do in Destiny, now that I have done so much.

Nobody needs to play the same game obsessively for hours and hours every day non-stop for months and months.

It's better to have long periods when you go and do something else. So I'm enjoying it right now.

Yep!

Talking about a different game :p

It really wouldn't.

Sure it'd be nice to have free packs for those that will continue to play regularly but to act like free req packs for logging in and playing is going to make any kind of significant difference in population numbers is silly to me.

Yeah, it won't affect things in a massive way, but will certainly help with people logging in. It definitely can't hurt. Personally, I think Halo 4 was more fun online than Halo 5. I know many would disagree.

Kyne

lately reading the Destiny OT has gotten me a little down.. and it's hard to blame people.

anyways, I know reddit is mostly positive about Destiny so I figured I'd go hang out over there for the afternoon.

Let's see what the top post of this active positive community is.

Here's everything Bungie has done to REDUCE the grind:

•Weapon parts drought
•Material grinding for the EXOTIC SWORDS!!!
•Time-Gated exotics that require you to be available on a specific day in the week in order to do it. (bungie decides when)
•Removed Nightfall XP Bonus
•Removed Nightfall Faction Rep Gain
•Reduced Mote of Light Drop Rate
•Reduced Strange Coin Drop Rate
•Removed 5,000 XP bounties
•Removed 5,000 XP Package from daily public event
•Reduced faction Rep gains
•Reduced Cryptarch REP gains from engrams
•Reduced Patrol Mission REP gains
•Limited strike Legendary mark Gains to 3 strikes a week
•Removed Legendary Mark rewards from crucible playlists
•Removed Legendary Mark rewards from strike playlists
•Added Double RNG to Raid Drops
•Increased Xur Heavy Ammo Price
•Removed Xur Engrams that can be purchased with motes

sigh.

I think I might just stay off Destiny internet for a while. All of my real life friends don't even worry about this stuff and they are having a blast with the game.

noomi

Sorry, Noomi, but it looks like I won't be backstabbing you and stealing your loot. March 2016 is all about Uncharted 4 and Dark Souls 3 for me.

Uncharted 4 and Dark Souls in the same month? HNNNNGGG

No worries, it'll give me plenty of time to prepare for your heinous shenanigans!

ich00

Repost for some top of the page views.

What: HM king's fall! (PS4)
When: tonight 10pm est (earlier if the family is asleep earlier)
Where: dreadnaught
Who: anyone! (I'm not worried too much about light level, 300 would be nice)
1. Ichabod00
2. Austinjohnson34
3. Manthatyoufear
4. Futbol_dude77
5. Shiv2099
6. Kreepmode

Looking to maybe complete my first king's fall raid, got to the daughters last week and couldn't get a group to finish it. Maybe this could become a weekly thing if we want.

Who's with me!?!

Namikaze1

Those darkness zones with PVP or whatever the name was, and the fact that you can betray your teammates, well... I don't see this fostering a nice community like Destiny has... :/
Oh a lot of us had planned to betray one another when we were watching the Ubisoft E3 conference back in June.

"Noomi, dude, I still love you but I want that gun so I'm sorry about this. Hope we can still be friends after this."

You have to be intensely delusional to put all your eggs in a Ubisoft basket. They can't make an above average game to save their lives. They make good games, but never great ones.

Strider

I expect the Division to disappoint in a big way.

It looks like it could be incredible and hopefully it turns out that way but I'm skeptical. Very skeptical.

1. Ichabod00

Looking to maybe complete my first king's fall raid, got to the daughters last week and couldn't get a group to finish it. Maybe this could become a weekly thing if we want.

Who's with me!?!
Psn, manthatyoufear.

What are we supposed to do during the wait for Destiny 2?

TTK for the remainder of the year sounds... not good.

Yeah this is the biggest issue right now. I don't mind having mostly exhausted TTK. It's been fun and I'll still enjoy reset raiding plus a little bit of Trials each week. Ignoring all the boring stuff like Dailies, bounties, Gunsmith tests etc. is fine by me.

But the fact they've been silent about a meaningful content release concerns me. Are they really focusing just on Destiny 2 now? With only the MT-funded Live team adding Festival of Lost style bits and pieces over the next 10 months? Maybe they're okay with letting the game die in order to make D2 as big as possible... but the game will be ice-cold by then.

GutZ31

Rocke launchers needs some new perks and modifiers

Too boring

Rocket launchers with spread shot, shooting 3 rockets at once, but one straight, and 2 to the sides slightly(think contra).

Rocket launchers that shoot buckshot of mini rockets at high speed, potential for more damage if all rockets hit.

Rocket launchers that act like javelins, shooting straight up in the air, then coming down from the sky to rain down hell.

Rocket launchers that leave trails of fire behind its flight path(think titan Match grenade, or hunter voidwall).

ocean

Banned
This is like saying "Aside from the hole in his head, Mr. Lincoln enjoyed the play."

Lag is a fatal flaw for Trials. All other debate about accessibility, status symbol emblems etc is totally moot. A P2P network game with notoriously bad netcode doesn't have the luxury of incorporating skill-based MM into a mode like Trials. Until they add dedicated servers (installed by flying pigs of course) Trials must be purely connection based.
I mentioned it the other day and didn't here - I like the new system in principle. But given the lag it introduces I 100% believe it was a mistake and they should go back to connection priority only.
Hmm so the base stats were higher to compensate for less perks?

Cuz I think Crotas End armors had more perks (even if some were raid specific) that I found useful. Especially the gloves.

HoW gear also had some interesting perks here and there

I think VoG helmets had inverse shadow though right?
Oh I didn't count the Raid-specific perks since those don't make a big difference. They all have em. Off the top of my head:

- VoG: chance to make orbs on Vex melee/precision kill. Extra super from Praetorian kills. Something with Oracles I can't recall
- CE: extra agility when carrying sword, extra something against Overshield (inthink)
- PoE: hyper significant boosts to all of your cooldowns and armor/agility/recovery, for specific enemy rooms in the prison. Hyper situational but the most noticeable and useful of all of the encounter-specific armor perks. Specially for Skolas and arc burn Hive room, a full PoE set was a game changer.
- KF: extra armor while holding relic, agility when torn between dimensions. Something else in gauntlets, can't recall

But yeah outside the PoE stuff none of this is truly significant either way :p nice to have sure but having these perks or not doesn't really make a difference or make the encounters easier

Rocket launchers with spread shot, shooting 3 rockets at once, but one straight, and 2 to the sides slightly(think contra).

Rocket launchers that shoot buckshot of mini rockets at high speed, potential for more damage if all rockets hit.

Rocket launchers that act like javelins, shooting straight up in the air, then coming down from the sky to rain down hell.

Rocket launchers that leave trails of fire behind its flight path(think titan Match grenade, or hunter voidwall).

I like you

Someone send this to Bungie

don't forget Lord Shaxx's 5 weekly bounties............ then you get an ordinary Crucible Legendary

I did Lord Shaxx's 5 weekly bounties three times and received average legendary Crucible weapons as rewards

i haven't touched a Shaxx weekly bounty ever since
I've gotten: A Red Spectre, two Ash Factory's (only one with a decent roll), a NLX Shadow or whatever with shit roll, a 310 Thunderlord, a 310 Mask of the Third Man (a day after Oryx gave one to me), 17 coins twice, and a 307 Competitive ghost with Titan glimmer.

I'll keep doing them x 3 until I get the Kingspyre shader.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Weren't they planning to release a DLC featuring the Vex after TTK? I wonder what happened to that. I'm kinda worried that they haven't hinted about the next DLC and there's nothing about it in Destinydb. Activision at their earnings call today said that more DLC is in the pipeline along with microtransaction stuff so hopefully it's not a long wait.

lately reading the Destiny OT has gotten me a little down.. and it's hard to blame people.

anyways, I know reddit is mostly positive about Destiny so I figured I'd go hang out over there for the afternoon.

sigh.

I think I might just stay off Destiny internet for a while. All of my real life friends don't even worry about this stuff and they are having a blast with the game.

You're RL friends are the true winners. Destiny just doesn't have enough when you're hardcore about it now.

It's such an odd game in so many aspects. I hate to admit this, but sometimes I wish it was just an annually released co-op shooter with cool story missions and some type of big end co-op set piece. The endless loot chase for now, average loot, isn't fun.

noomi

Oh right, I probably blasted a few of you with messages on PSN this morning. Pretty sure I messaged Nami, Canned Heat, and Drizz.. maybe a few others lol

Sorry about that :p

Was trying to get the totem checkpoint back, totally forgot that reset time was different after Daylight Savings.

Strider

Ah, sorry about that then Strider! :D

... and ironically enough, I'll probably get Halo 5 this week... ^^

I mean it's cool we're in a Destiny thread after all where talk should of course be about Destiny :p

What are we supposed to do during the wait for Destiny 2?

TTK for the remainder of the year sounds... not good.

Really hope we get something substantial between now and Destiny 2 as well.

Don't really want anything too soon especially if it comes with another leap in light level but something big in the spring would be nice.

--

I guess Playstation Experience is when we'll find out what next for Destiny right?

I mentioned it the other day and didn't here - I like the new system in principle. But given the lag it introduces I 100% believe it was a mistake and they should go back to connection priority only.

I understand. My point is there's no such thing as "in principle," there's only reality. It doesn't help the conversation to say "if this fatal and unavoidable flaw didn't exist..."

sigh.

That list isn't exactly fair though. It's only telling 1 half of a story.

Sure XP was reduced from bounties, but the total XP needed to level up a weapon was drastically reduced.

Motes of light drops were nerfed in 2 areas and buffed in 4 others.

Cryptarch rep gains were nerfed, but his actual chance to turn a blue into a purple was greatly increased.

Several other points here are missing half of the truth. Not all of them, some of them are/were dumb decisions, but focus on whats actually wrong, so Bungie knows exactly what we aren't happy with. When you post a list like that, it just looks like you haven't done your homework

Note: I realize this isn't your list, I'm mostly talking to whoever the author was.

EL CUCO

I'm basically going Destiny & Blops 3 for the rest of 2015 and very likely most of 2016.

I've been playing since launch and despite how it can wear on people due to the insane amount of time we spend playing all of it's content, I still find it incredibly fun.

There'll obviously be a little break in between from time to time. Possibly for UC4, alot like what Bloodborne and The Order was for me this time. But I dont think even Bungie expects you to play the same game 24/7/365.

loki 16

1. Ichabod00

Who's with me!?!

Thats 9 central time right? I'll join PSN futbol_dude77 Warlock 309

vctor182

If bungie wants PvE players to dip their feet in PvP, the way ToO is now is going to do the opposite, it's too elitist. Getting matched vs teams that have the same wins as you sounds good in theory but frustrating in practice. They should combine the bounties of Y2 with the matchmaking of Y1.

Bogeypop

I like you Shito, but I really want that GjallarFatebringerHammer that just dropped for us. Nice knowing you. POW!

Yeah this is the biggest issue right now. I don't mind having mostly exhausted TTK. It's been fun and I'll still enjoy reset raiding plus a little bit of Trials each week. Ignoring all the boring stuff like Dailies, bounties, Gunsmith tests etc. is fine by me.

But the fact they've been silent about a meaningful content release concerns me. Are they really focusing just on Destiny 2 now? With only the MT-funded Live team adding Festival of Lost style bits and pieces over the next 10 months? Maybe they're okay with letting the game die in order to make D2 as big as possible... but the game will be ice-cold by then.

This is what I've really been wondering. In a weird way, knowing there was new content on the horizon has been a spur for me to keep going...to make sure I'm at a good level going into it, and that I'll have a decent stock to give me a boost at the start.

I weirdly enjoyed completing bounties just before TTK, to give me a boost at launch.

(This is the inverse of "why bother levelling up - you'll just need to do it again anyway).

With just a vacumn on the horizon I don't feel any incentive to make sure I'm close to 320...

...All of my real life friends don't even worry about this stuff and they are having a blast with the game.
I think this is something that gets drowned out in the echo chamber of the hardcore gaming circles: there is a massive number of gamers out there who either don't care about this stuff or haven't even noticed it yet if they ever notice it. I guarantee you that if I asked a couple of my friends who are casual players how they've been affected by the nerf to weapon parts drops, they would probably look at me like I'd grown two heads.

Oh right, I probably blasted a few of you with messages on PSN this morning. Pretty sure I messaged Nami, Canned Heat, and Drizz.. maybe a few others lol

Sorry about that :p

Was trying to get the totem checkpoint back, totally forgot that reset time was different after Daylight Savings.

Haha no worries dude, I saw in the thread you snagged it from Rawr. Since HM Totems is the new hotness I can try to pass it around a bit each weekly reset. We always stash it on our alts before starting our 3 runs. I also save it for the rest of the week after finishing our first run.

noomi

Haha no worries dude, I saw in the thread you snagged it from Rawr. Since HM Totems is the new hotness I can try to pass it around a bit each weekly reset. We always stash it on our alts before starting our 3 runs. I also save it for the rest of the week after finishing our first run.

Cool ;)

Yeah we've started doing that as well, but now that means I have to be up prior to 4am to save these checkpoints :eek:

Kyne

That list isn't exactly fair though. It's only telling 1 half of a story.

Sure XP was reduced from bounties, but the total XP needed to level up a weapon was drastically reduced.

Motes of light drops were nerfed in 2 areas and buffed in 4 others.

Cryptarch rep gains were nerfed, but his actual chance to turn a blue into a purple was greatly increased.

Several other points here are missing half of the truth. Not all of them, some of them are/were dumb decisions, but focus on whats actually wrong, so Bungie knows exactly what we aren't happy with. When you post a list like that, it just looks like you haven't done your homework

Note: I realize this isn't your list, I'm mostly talking to whoever the author was.

yeh, I get that the list has its flaws. I guess I was more focusing on the aspect of even reddit being down in the dumps with all the negatively surrounding the game.

I know Bungie can't provide a one-all fix, I just wish there was some sort of signal that told us they were listening to these specific problems that are ruining the experience for a part of their audience.

...Are they really focusing just on Destiny 2 now? With only the MT-funded Live team adding Festival of Lost style bits and pieces over the next 10 months? Maybe they're okay with letting the game die in order to make D2 as big as possible... but the game will be ice-cold by then.
I wonder if they plan to do small things like Y2 versions of the rest of the Y1 strikes, Y2 Prison of Elders, etc. I think there's a lot of small things they could do-- whether alone or in total that would be enough to keep the player base attached, I have no idea. I can imagine them hoping to make it through the holidays without any announcements, see how many units they move via Xmas sales, markdowns,, etc., and then see where they stand in January and evaluate. I have no real idea though, just thinking out loud.

GlamFM

Banned
HARD RAID IN 15 MINS

1 Glam
2 darkistheway
3 Dave1988
4 Jblanks
5 Strangelove77
6 blunoise1

EDIT: FULL!

Send your FR to GlamFM

Or group up with Strangelove77 - he has the CP.

OkayRene

Yeah I appreciate the designer's intent, as well. Especially considering they balanced getting Trials loot by making the bounties easy to accomplish.

But hindsight is 20/20.

SkylineRKR

I actually enjoying the lack of things to do in Destiny, now that I have done so much.

Nobody needs to play the same game obsessively for hours and hours every day non-stop for months and months.

It's better to have long periods when you go and do something else. So I'm enjoying it right now.

The thing TTK did very right is that I had zero desire to touch my alts. I have all exotics and didn't need to rely on alts, a lot of them are quest bound and others eventually just came by 3oC usage. NF is shit anyway and only ran it 3 times. I never felt the urge to run KF 3 times in a week. I completed it perhaps 3 times over the last few months. Its okay, there is no need for me to rinse it.

Best thing I have done is kicking those alts down the gutter.

darthbob

Agreed fully. Being mum on the subject of future content for the current iteration of Destiny is concerning. It's as if they've got all this content that they've separated with artificial time barriers so as to drip feed us minor stuff like Exotics.

Maybe it's an issue with myself, and other 'hardcore' players. Maybe we play too much, idk but the lack of communication on the future of the game worries me.

I know Bungie can't provide a one-all fix, I just wish there was some sort of signal that told us they were listening to these specific problems that are ruining the experience for a part of their audience.
The problem may be how big a part of their audience are we really? 25 million registered users. Even if half of those are dead accounts, that's 12.5 million users. Take all the GAFers, redditors, streamers, and their lurkers, is that even 1%? It's a very loud 1% so I can see them paying outsized attention but, at some point, somebody is surely pointing out this fact internally and some decisions are being made, or not made, due to the fat that we do not represent even close to the majority of the player base.

Top Bottom