• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT37| Everything Old is New Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Isn't completely indestructible, only when you are driving it. Is pretty great though, I drove through the entire daily story with it and just hopped off in the last room, took less than 3 minutes, was great.

Well I guess that's not too bad then.

Does the quest only work with one character or can you switch it up whenever? Because I started it with my hunter. Would rather use Titan for all purposes.

todd360

How does that quote go?

To you, the day C_You_next_time1 beat you was the most important day of your life but to C_You_next_time1 it was just another sunday.

:p

I like to think that he somehow stumbles into our thread while we are discussing him.

Oh cool a destiny thread. haha that psn name kinda looks like min... wtf

Well I guess that's not too bad then.

Does the quest only work with one character or can you switch it up whenever? Because I started it with my hunter. Would rather use Titan for all purposes.

Quest is given to all your characters with progress being unique to each one, so if you started on your Hunter you'll have to start again. Not that big of a deal though whole quest only takes 2-3 hrs.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Quest is given to all your characters with progress being unique to each one, so if you started on your Hunter you'll have to start again. Not that big of a deal though whole quest only takes 2-3 hrs.

I don't understand how that works. Isn't one of the requirements to do a NF with them? Wouldn't they have to take forever to even get high enough to do a NF?

Drizz and I got to Mercury with Ghaz after choking the last ticket. Had to take a breather and hang back since being aggressive wasn't working out too well.

Not a fan of this map at all. Aside from the general mess of geometry all over, there's so many awkward sightlines that require a lot of moving around to get into position to snipe, which makes it play very cat and mouse until someone gets a pick. And if you die in a weird spot you're basically SOL. In normal Skirmish it at least supports that aggressive playstyle. Trails however is way too passive for me especially in this current meta that favors long ranged play. I'd have preferred to play this when Blink, Shotgun and Thorn were in the meta because the gameplay was more centered on movement.

I don't understand how that works. Isn't one of the requirements to do a NF with them? Wouldn't they have to take forever to even get high enough to do a NF?

Yeah sorry I worded that wrong, two hrs just for the steps of the quest, will take longer to make sure the other toon is ready. The character only needs to be 241 to enter the Nightfall though so I just teamed up with another gaffer and we carried it through it.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Drizz and I got to Mercury with Ghaz after choking the last ticket. Had to take a breather and hang back since being aggressive wasn't working out too well.

Not a fan of this map at all. Aside from the general mess of geometry all over, there's so many awkward sightlines that require a lot of moving around to get into position to snipe, which makes it play very cat and mouse until someone gets a pick. And if you die in a weird spot you're basically SOL. In normal Skirmish it at least supports that aggressive playstyle. Trails however is way too passive for me especially in this current meta that favors long ranged play. I'd have preferred to play this when Blink, Shotgun and Thorn were in the meta because the gameplay was more centered on movement.

The only teams we lost to were campers. Basically sunbreakers staying back and building up supers. The map doesn't give you much to work with in terms of getting to them if they spawn in the green cave area. You try to snipe them but you also have to get into their sniping range.

The only teams we lost to were campers. Basically sunbreakers staying back and building up supers. The map doesn't give you much to work with in terms of getting to them if they spawn in the green cave area. You try to snipe them but you also have to get into their sniping range.

Haven't encountered anyone camping there yet (although we did play a team camping to build up their Stormtrance yesterday), but I wouldn't want to ever get caught in the cave. It's true that it's hard to attack, but at the same time it's really easy to get trapped in there especially during heavy round.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled

Agreed. Love this map for control, but for Trials it feels like a mess. I don't like how every point of the map is easily flanked.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Yeah sorry I worded that wrong, two hrs just for the steps of the quest, will take longer to make sure the other toon is ready. The character only needs to be 241 to enter the Nightfall though so I just teamed up with another gaffer and we carried it through it.

Alright. So this is going to take a while. Feels weird going back and doing vanilla stuff.

Daemul

Ah Teabaggers, how I love em. Shit barely has an effect on me, other than to make me smile, it makes me nostalgic about the early Halo days. Tbh I have never understood why people get so annoyed with Teabagging, it's harmless fun in my eyes and I even do it from time to time in Destiny.

Maybe it's because I've essentially become used to all forms of gaming wind ups over the years, years of dealiing with Gears of War shitalking has probably made me immune to these things, you can say or do anything to me and I won't skip a beat. I've heard and seen it all son, plenty of which I dished out myself admittedly lol.

Alright. So this is going to take a while. Feels weird going back and doing vanilla stuff.

Yeah, it isn't that bad but it will take a solid half a day if you power through it all. I really enjoyed going back though, it reminded me why I play this game as much as I do.

todd360

He's the only one I remember due to some shitty thing he did. I remember folks like taco_dgaf, Winter_Soldier, and a few others due to other reasons (taco for the name, WS for the mere fact I came across him multiple times throughout the year, etc.) but this guy is for shitty reasons.

C_you... I won't forget his lagging ass. I will never understand how this fucker went from C all the way to the other side where Todd and the others were at. I'm at C, capturing the point and he shows up to try and kill me. I was a second away from blowing his head with my Matador when the fucker uses Instant Transmission.

He does this multiple times throughout the match but it's that one moment I remember vividly. I could still hear Todd going "The fuck?! Where he came?"

I showed my sister this post and she's laughing hysterically. I told her about how we changed our strat on the fly from trying to kill him somehow to abandoning a capture point as soon as we saw him coming for it/teleporting to it.

Edit: that was some of the finest lagging I have ever seen though. He was a god of iron banner. He was a one man capturing team with a 100% success rate. If anyone in destiny ever deserved a lifelong crucible ban its him.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Yeah, it isn't that bad but it will take a solid half a day if you power through it all. I really enjoyed going back though, it reminded me why I play this game as much as I do.

Yeah. Gives a lot of perspective on how hard we use to have to work for things. Now we're doing the crucible one. Oh boy.

LOL nobody is playing 6 on 6 classic. Been stuck at the screen for over 2 minutes now.

Trakan

Ah Teabaggers, how I love em. Shit barely has an effect on me, other than to make me smile, it makes me nostalgic about the early Halo days. Tbh I have never understood why people get so annoyed with Teabagging, it's harmless fun in my eyes and I even do it from time to time in Destiny.

Maybe it's because I've essentially become used to all forms of gaming wind ups over the years, years of dealiing with Gears of War shitalking has probably made me immune to these things, you can say or do anything to me and I won't skip a beat. I've heard and seen it all son, plenty of which I dished out myself admittedly lol.

Gears of War moonwalk execution can't be beat.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
They just put us in a team of five with another player who is obviously just starting. Things didn't go so well.

Actually. I don't think the youngins would know but the biggest insult in a fighting game back in the day was throwing your opponent. For some reason there was an unwritten rule where you're not allowed to throw your opponent. People use to get into actual fistfights because of that back in the arcades. Taunting and stuff these days is the equivalent of throwing.

Magik

Yeah. Gives a lot of perspective on how hard we use to have to work for things. Now we're doing the crucible one. Oh boy.

LOL nobody is playing 6 on 6 classic. Been stuck at the screen for over 2 minutes now.

I think outside of Trials, the Crucible population is really low.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
You still around? We're at 7-0 on the current run.

I'm sorry man. I just read this. I only had like a 2 hour window there and I needed to go back to work. I didn't want to interrupt your matches with er, Ghazaraario (SP??) Next time!

2nd card with my nephew and Phenom Jr and we made it to 5-0 until the kids had to go. Got a 303 artifact from the gold package. So useful

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Mike "chaos"

Lol

What's funny is every single person they made fun of in that video went onto become someone big in the gaming industry.

Justin Wong = One of the most popular and arguably best fighting game player ever. Sponsored by EG, the team which won Capcom Cup, EVO and DOTA2. His accolades and such need not be mentioned.

Clockwork = He's actually a Gaffer and posts a lot in fighting games thread. Went to work for Sony Monica and create a game you might know as Playstation all stars.

Yipes = Sponsored by an E-Cig company, clothing company and various other companies. One of the most popular commentators. A lot of Twitch words and memes that you hear people say was created by him.

Josh = Known as one of the best players of the Marvel community. His name always comes up when the word Marvel is mentioned. Has his own business.

Etc.

Shiv47

Anybody for some trials bounties? Have to finish my gold/silver bounties. Hopefully won't take more than one card. PSN shiv2099

coy

They just put us in a team of five with another player who is obviously just starting. Things didn't go so well.

Actually. I don't think the youngins would know but the biggest insult in a fighting game back in the day was throwing your opponent. For some reason there was an unwritten rule where you're not allowed to throw your opponent. People use to get into actual fistfights because of that back in the arcades. Taunting and stuff these days is the equivalent of throwing.
Teabagging is whatever to me as I only played FPS casually until Destiny. In fighting games, if you threw you better let your opponent get a free throw back. I've seen folks win a match by accidental throw then give the loser a quarter as an apology.

Teabagging is whatever to me as I only played FPS casually until Destiny. In fighting games, if you threw you better let your opponent get a free throw back. I've seen folks win a match by accidental throw then give the loser a quarter as an apology.

:lol

That seems like such a weird rule. Amazing gamesmanship though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom