• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT37| Everything Old is New Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magik

isnt this always a thing

I think more so now than before considering how the meta has changed to more range focused engagements. Y1 Trials had a good mix of CQC with TLW/Hawk where as Y2 is all about Pulse Rifles.

Even looking at Anomaly when its a 6v6 its a lot more shotgun/pulse rifle where as trials is more sniper/pulse.

Maybe its just me but that's what I have been noticing a lot more nowadays.

Seems Trials is basically boiling down to Sniper battles with a bit a primary here and there. Every match I've watched for this weeks Trials is basically people running with Snipers as if they were primaries.

That does seem to be Trials in general though.

I'm quite enjoying trying to get good at it. This has been the first map I've really given it a go, and it's fun.

Afrocious

I wish we would get matched up with Japanese people. They suck at FPSs. At least lagging with them wouldn't be sweaty.

image.php

third person shooter but still

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I think I've seen more teabagging today alone than I had for PVP within the last two weeks combined. That one team we lost to especially. That purple Titan which is ironic because he sucked on his team while the rest of them were carrying him.

But good games. I had fun sniping. Have to make gif of that double point blank sniping kill.

I think I've seen more teabagging today alone than I had for PVP within the last two weeks combined. That one team we lost to especially. That purple Titan which is ironic because he sucked on his team while the rest of them were carrying him.

But good games. I had fun sniping. Have to make gif of that double point blank sniping kill.

Yeah my fellow brazilians were charming for sure.

And that point blank sniping was clutch as hell.

What upsets me the most is when someone is lagging on purpose, and they taunt you by dancing/other emotes when they won the round/match. I can't stand that!!!!

With that being said, anyone want to run a card or 2 of Trials for XB1?

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
wait now hold on a second

there's a hard mode shader you can only get if you've collected all armor pieces

WHY DIDN'T ANYBODY TELL ME I SHOULD HAVE NOT DISMANTLED MY RAID ARMOR?

I thought there was no use for it aside from being better/worse. Shiiiiiiiiit. What else am I not supposed to dismantle?!?!?!?!

What upsets me the most is when someone is lagging on purpose, and they taunt you by dancing/other emotes when they won the round/match. I can't stand that!!!!

With that being said, anyone want to run a card or 2 of Trials for XB1?

lol in a trials game yesterday, one of their people dc'd, then 2 of ours. they sent me a message saying LOL KARMA'S A BITCH, THAT'S WHAT YOU GET FOR DDOSING MY FRIEND. sent back a message "dude it's black friday PSN is messing up for everyone"

he just sent back "oh sorry mate my bad", at least he apologized LOL

I don't like it when players teabag, but I don't blow kisses and dance on orbs nor do I wave after every play I make. People really like drawing the line just beyond their own behavior.

Afrocious

I don't like it when players teabag, but I don't blow kisses and dance on orbs nor do I wave after every play I make. People really like drawing the line just beyond their own behavior.

Same.

At the end of a match, I might dance or run around popping my super, but I don't insult other players.

I don't get unironically teabagging.

I think I teabag my own teammates more than anything.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I have a strict "only teabag if teabagged first" rule.

Just like with everything I give respect from the get go. It's up to anybody whether they want to keep it.

Yesterday I actually got a nice message from another team but today was lagging and bagging central.

^Must be a shot at me. Driz, Igor, Zoba and Todd. Did I do any of that after every play I made? I even have hours of videos to prove it. Generalizing and exaggerating.

Namikaze1

C_yoU_next_time1 deserves to get teabag in every freaking match.

Yeah, I haven't forgotten that bastard and it's been months (almost half a year) since that happened.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I was always feisty. Doesn't usually show up unless someone makes me so. Have to be feisty to survive in today's world. Especially where I live. Real talk.

The purple Titan was wearing Laker's colors so maybe he's a Lakers fan and them being so bad makes him that way. The funny thing about it too is that he's teabagging even though he didn't get the kill.

Strider

I usually just find BMing funny or I'm indifferent. I do my fair share of it thats for sure. My all chat Dota 2 BMing is legendary and hell yes I'm doing the sprinkler on your orb if I make a really good play on you.

I can't remember the last time I got mad over someone else doing it to me tho. I don't take any game that serious plus you gotta be able to take what you dish out...

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
I was always feisty. Doesn't usually show up unless someone makes me so. Have to be feisty to survive in today's world. Especially where I live. Real talk.

The purple Titan was wearing Laker's colors so maybe he's a Lakers fan and them being so bad makes him that way. The funny thing about it too is that he's teabagging even though he didn't get the kill.

Sometimes people just act silly and there's no malice or taunting intended. I've played with some really nice people that do exactly that sometimes, haha and then worry that people think they're serious. It's impossible to tell. Sometimes people just drink a lot when playing LIKE ME

Sometimes people just act silly and there's no malice or taunting intended. I've played with some really nice people that do exactly that sometimes, haha and then worry that people think they're serious. It's impossible to tell. Sometimes people just drink a lot when playing LIKE ME

I also feel like some people do it as mind games. It throws you off, but sometimes it backfire and makes people get all sweaty. If I'm casually doing trials and I get teabagged I'm throwing on a sweatband and a tank top because I'm about to be sweaty.

todd360

C_yoU_next_time1 deserves to get teabag in every freaking match.

Yeah, I haven't forgotten that bastard and it's been months (almost half a year) since that happened.

I love how you remember his exact name. The salt lives on in us brother

Just like with everything I give respect from the get go. It's up to anybody whether they want to keep it.

Yesterday I actually got a nice message from another team but today was lagging and bagging central.

^Must be a shot at me. Driz, Igor, Zoba and Todd. Did I do any of that after every play I made? I even have hours of videos to prove it. Generalizing and exaggerating.

Kadey is an honorable sniper. She could have teabagged after her amazing double snipe, but she didn't.

Namikaze1

He has succeeded in his goal then.
He's the only one I remember due to some shitty thing he did. I remember folks like taco_dgaf, Winter_Soldier, and a few others due to other reasons (taco for the name, WS for the mere fact I came across him multiple times throughout the year, etc.) but this guy is for shitty reasons.

C_you... I won't forget his lagging ass. I will never understand how this fucker went from C all the way to the other side where Todd and the others were at. I'm at C, capturing the point and he shows up to try and kill me. I was a second away from blowing his head with my Matador when the fucker uses Instant Transmission.

He does this multiple times throughout the match but it's that one moment I remember vividly. I could still hear Todd going "The fuck?! Where he came?"

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey

I think only a very few of them are actually serious. People do it for a psychological advantage. I never even knew any of this stuff until I played Destiny. It's apparently been around since the dawn of time. I played a little bit of Day of Defeat and other FPSs for just a tiny bit back in the day and never seen any of it though.

People see random gifs of me doing that stuff but all of it is retaliation. In fighting games, when they taunt me I just slaughter them with flashy combos.

^ we had a bunch of matches like that today Nami. A blinking sunbreaker is OP. And that's another thing we ran into a few teams with two Sunbreakers. Lag + camping + two sunbreakers is beyond final boss mode. It's like the secret stronger than final boss mode.

He's the only one I remember due to some shitty thing he did. I remember folks like taco_dgaf, Winter_Soldier, and a few others due to other reasons (taco for the name, WS for the mere fact I came across him multiple times throughout the year, etc.) but this guy is for shitty reasons.

C_you... I won't forget his lagging ass. I will never understand how this fucker went from C all the way to the other side where Todd and the others were at. I'm at C, capturing the point and he shows up to try and kill me. I was a second away from blowing his head with my Matador when the fucker uses Instant Transmission.

He does this multiple times throughout the match but it's that one moment I remember vividly. I could still hear Todd going "The fuck?! Where he came?"

How does that quote go?

To you, the day C_You_next_time1 beat you was the most important day of your life but to C_You_next_time1 it was just another sunday.

:p

Namikaze1

I hope I come across him again. I fucking hope I do. I don't know what I'll do if we do end up crossing paths again but dammit I need it to happen just one more time.

It's Tuesday. :p

Shiv47

Anybody still doing Trials? Just looking to do stress-free bounties, unless you are extra special bonus good and want to carry.

Smiley90

Anybody still doing Trials? Just looking to do stress-free bounties, unless you are extra special bonus good and want to carry.

I'm not special bonus good but I'm bored and wanna do trials, does that count? 5+ I'd be happy with

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I'm happy that I found someone to do the refer a friend quest. :) Just want that Tron 2.0 sparrow. And the fact it is indestructible means you can use it for cover.

Smiley90

LOL, that's fine, but I've never even gotten to five wins in trials much less Mercury, so don't be expecting a whole lot!

haha okay, as long as you can talk on mic and we can have a good time :p

need a third tho!

I'm happy that I found someone to do the refer a friend quest. :) Just want that Tron 2.0 sparrow. And the fact it is indestructible means you can use it for cover.

Isn't completely indestructible, only when you are driving it. Is pretty great though, I drove through the entire daily story with it and just hopped off in the last room, took less than 3 minutes, was great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom