• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT37| Everything Old is New Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Afro, are you getting one of those DX Racer chairs? $300 seems a bit much even by my standards. That thing better bring you a drink and can speak five languages.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
wait now hold on a second

there's a hard mode shader you can only get if you've collected all armor pieces

WHY DIDN'T ANYBODY TELL ME I SHOULD HAVE NOT DISMANTLED MY RAID ARMOR?

I thought there was no use for it aside from being better/worse. Shiiiiiiiiit. What else am I not supposed to dismantle?!?!?!?!

lol in a trials game yesterday, one of their people dc'd, then 2 of ours. they sent me a message saying LOL KARMA'S A BITCH, THAT'S WHAT YOU GET FOR DDOSING MY FRIEND. sent back a message "dude it's black friday PSN is messing up for everyone"

he just sent back "oh sorry mate my bad", at least he apologized LOL

Quoting myself hoping for an answer!

Jinjo

Nightfall boss easy mode:

Bladedancer w/ Dont Touch Me, invis melee, and Invective.

I prefer circle jumping around him and hitting R2 on my sword every single jump. He always misses his slam or doesn't hurt you enough to kill you. And it's super fun.

I hope I come across him again. I fucking hope I do. I don't know what I'll do if we do end up crossing paths again but dammit I need it to happen just one more time.

It's Tuesday. :p

Wait... It was Iron Banner? I thought it was trials due to the amount of salt involved lol

bitsurugi

Well I guess that's not too bad then.

Does the quest only work with one character or can you switch it up whenever? Because I started it with my hunter. Would rather use Titan for all purposes.

Once you unlock on one character, you can buy the sparrow on any of the remaining 2 characters via the vehicle shop. Pretty neat.

Smiley90

Pretty sure you can dismantle it, once you get the piece it checks the box on the shader in the kiosk.

wait, the shader is already visible in the kiosk and just has check-boxes to tick off?

... I should really go check out that vendor every once in a while shouldn't I.

wait, the shader is already visible in the kiosk and just has check-boxes to tick off?

... I should really go check out that vendor every once in a while shouldn't I.

Yeah so both the raid shaders (Bone Marrow and Ascendant Plane) have a list of requirements when you hover over the icon in the kiosk, essentially a four piece requirment for each one, so for example Bone Marrow requires you to have had on that specific character a piece of raid gear in each armour slot.

bitsurugi

I bought this baby a few weeks ago.

Before that i played on a big 55'' Samsung LCD.

The difference in fps pvp is.... insane! You feel like a snipe god, it really is good. Not only the no input lag, but mostly the small screen makes a way easier time in sniping. My KD is constantly raising ever since i use this monitor.

Just get it. You won't regret it.

Smiley90

Yeah so both the raid shaders (Bone Marrow and Ascendant Plane) have a list of requirements when you hover over the icon in the kiosk, essentially a four piece requirment for each one, so for example Bone Marrow requires you to have had on that specific character a piece of raid gear in each armour slot.

I have to check that out tomorrow. The shaders dont show in the Destiny app boo

Thanks!

Wonder what else I've
Missed... That's at the lady where the festival of the lost was, right?

I have to check that out tomorrow. The shaders dont show in the Destiny app boo

Thanks!

Wonder what else I've
Missed... That's at the lady where the festival of the lost was, right?

Yeah down near Eva/ New Monarchy. Haven't missed much else a few shaders that seems to be either very rare or unobtainable.

LeonSPBR

Just got Destiny with all the DLC yesterday for PS3. The game still looks and play good, but I've yet to see how Bungie asked for $20 for House of Wolves and Dark Below,they aren't good IMO. Haven't begun the Taken King, will begin today or tomorrow. Also the leveling changed (a little) for the vanilla, is there a place where I can read the difference??

Yeah it seems like it was for us as well.

Late Sunday night and late Monday night are traditionally the weakest player pools. Lots of good players have burned out or just stopped for the week, they don't give a shit about running Trials late into the night. Only the final boss was a remotely competent team and only because they were shameless spawn campers.

That said we had some crazy sweaty matches, especially early in the run- around 6-7pm, prime gaming time.

Thanks to everyone who stopped by the stream and landed a seat on the Mercury train. We had some rough games and some B I G P L A Y S

Also had some scrubbiness early on especially on my end. Think I die a dumb death at least 3 times a match just from my general lack of patience for dealing with people hard scoping across the map. It's easy to get out of position on this map and then you just throw away rounds in games that were otherwise easy wins. I'm more used to brute forcing based on gunskill alone and not this passive mind game nonsense. I'd rather have a bit of fun (and entertain the stream) even if it means losing, but I suppose there's a line that needed to be drawn.

Thanks as always to Drizz, excising tumors one by one with the surgical shade step plays. Always impressed by his clutch machine.

Also about the whole K/D thing I was going on about. I totally understood what you were saying but i was being stubborn. I never want to think that the other player can out gun me because then I'm hesitant to challenge them. Beyond that, this map is an equalizer for gun skill with how segmented and cluttered it is. It's easy to run away until you get in a bad spot, so even when the teams are that much better than us as a whole, we can still bait them into making bad decisions and getting stuck. Almost every match we lost was because we were dying in bad positions and not because we were being outgunned or outsmarted.

I can see how some people might like that, but it's still a terrible map for me and I'm only tolerating it thanks to the fun callouts. It's also good to Last Word on, even though I'm getting robbed of shots more and more. We threw a 4-4 round because my shot went right through the guy as he had a sliver of health, and he was able to escape and res his teammates. Fuck, I'm going to be salty about that forever.

Or at least until December's patch. TLW may not 2 shot from long range, but it'll always be the best gun in the game (unless Bungie ruins it)

Twilight where is that video of you killing yourself next to a self res sunsinger?

This is a myth.

Late Sunday night and late Monday night are traditionally the weakest player pools. Lots of good players have burned out or just stopped for the week, they don't give a shit about running Trials late into the night. Only the final boss was a remotely competent team and only because they were shameless spawn campers.

That said we had some crazy sweaty matches, especially early in the run- around 6-7pm, prime gaming time.

True, I just remember when me, you, and Stable did runs right before Weekly Reset back in Y1 it was still sweaty but now it's like we were the Bouncers in the club like you said lol

We had our typical 6th game sweaty, otherwise mostly smooth sailing. Honestly the one we lost was a 5-4 and it should have been a 5-2 win for us, we just let stupid shit happen

If that's the case, and you're still doing runs next weekend, sign me up. Haven't done y2 trials yet, watch me steal that shader and scarab emblem on my first passage :p

If my piece of shit PS4 didn't suddenly have a broken Share Recorded Gameplay feature I would have had so many amazing clips saved. Tons of pro moves and clutch saves, crazy comebacks, with a nice sprinkling of scrubbiness. Like spectating on TG when he rocketed the stairs in front of his face as last guardian standing. So good.

GlamFM

Banned
Just bought a new tool for my current job.

Check out the name of the preset ;)

gjPqCEC.jpg

Thanks Drizz for the run ;)

If that's the case, and you're still doing runs next weekend, sign me up. Haven't done y2 trials yet, watch me steal that shader and scarab emblem on my first passage :p

Well I did finally get one shader today so it would only bother me if you got the other, better shader. Don't think we have to worry about the scarab emblem since you have to keep winning games on a flawless ticket. Twilight got the scarab tonight on what would have been a 17-0 ticket, although apparently it's RNG and can drop on the 10th win even. Of course he also got both of the new shaders as well! Over the course of like maybe 10 games. Craziness.

More to your post, I'll definitely be down to do a run with you and whoever else can help out. We'll find some time to give it a whirl and just keep our fingers crossed about your extra special connection issues.

Was a ton of fun playing with and watching you guys today!

And as discussed I think the Tether would be much more 'exciting' if it did this :p

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5Gz7MeSbF4

Thanks so much dude. You played real well on our run and it was smooth sailing all the way. Honestly I was having the best time on the runs tonight, especially once we established a rhythm and got up to cruising speed. The call-outs were locked down, the team shots, the pinches, the revives, big plays for days. Nightstalker is totally addicting and has really reinvigorated PvP for me. You can get kills that straight up embarrass people in a way unlike any other subclass.

Also the video clip was pretty sweet. One of these days I'll sit down and watch that one. Of course a Destiny weapon like that would be a blast in PvE and hopelessly cruel in PvP so we'll never see anything like it.

Nightstalker is totally addicting and has really reinvigorated PvP for me. You can get kills that straight up embarrass people in a way unlike any other subclass.

I'd agree, if I had one complaint I wish Tether would have more of a DoT effect. If you want even more fun with it, grab a Mida and go wild. I finally got around to finishing Shaxx Quest yesterday and used it for the Scout kills part, holy shit its fun and the gun wrecks

noomi

Well hello there DGAF :)

Hope everyone's Thanksgiving was good, it's back to work for this guy.

I must have logged into Destiny a total of 10 minutes since last reset. At this point all I have in me is the Tuesday raids, other than that I've been finally catching up to my backlog of games.

The thirst is real, we need some content pls.

I'd agree, if I had one complaint I wish Tether would have more of a DoT effect. If you want even more fun with it, grab a Mida and go wild. I finally got around to finishing Shaxx Quest yesterday and used it for the Scout kills part, holy shit its fun and the gun wrecks

Tether needs work without question. It's extremely potent as is, but needs to be buffed in a few specific ways:

1) Non-lethal direct hits trigger immediate suppression (as lag allows). Currently, direct hits trigger deployment of those purple balls which will subsequently deploy tethers which then suppress after another short delay. Especially important for Blade Dancers, Stormcallers and Sunbreakers (who will have their armor reduced in December to match the others , bank on it).

I've hit Hammer-bros dead center chest, without ever suppressing them, because the contact occurred in midair higher than the tether reaches. So they drop to the ground and walk away with Hammers still in hand.

2) Faster suppression for indirect hits. You still have to wait for purple ball deployment but the tethers suppress as quickly as a golden gun shot does damage. Allows for more effective defensive use and area control. Shut down supers without "tying" because a purple glowing Blade Dancer still managed to kill you with his super.

3.) Chill out on the extra jump height during the shooting animation. Coupled with a higher than expected release point, some areas of Anomaly are virtually impossible to tether where you want. Instead you bump your head and the ceiling eats your Shadowshot.

To me these buffs are as clear cut as nerfing Hammer-bro armor. You could also debate things like reducing the activation animation time, adjusting the damage resistance (less resistance for faster tethers?), etc.

Otherwise the subclass is superbly built fo PvP and PvE. Better balanced between the two than any other, by far. Defender is simultaneously the best PvE and worst PvP subclass. BDancer has been eclipsed in PvP and nearly erased from PvE.

Namikaze1

I showed my sister this post and she's laughing hysterically. I told her about how we changed our strat on the fly from trying to kill him somehow to abandoning a capture point as soon as we saw him coming for it/teleporting to it.

Edit: that was some of the finest lagging I have ever seen though. He was a god of iron banner. He was a one man capturing team with a 100% success rate. If anyone in destiny ever deserved a lifelong crucible ban its him.
I still can't believe he then had the audacity to lie to us after one of us (can't remember who) sent him a message. Tells us he's from China playing on Asian servers yet his Bungie profile shows his American name and that he's from the US.

Before anyone says anything, this happened back when Bungie began to ban a lot of folks from crucible. Someone here posted a link to their forums since a lot of folks had gotten banned that week. Went and checked if that bastard was one of them. He sadly wasn't. And that's how I found out the truth.

GutZ31

Yo, how come I can't watch yesterday's Trials matches in your past broadcasts? I need to relive the hype.

Twilight Gap The stream seems to have taken a high explosive projectile to the knee its ascending servers.
Unlikely to ever see the footage again.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
Well I did finally get one shader today so it would only bother me if you got the other, better shader. Don't think we have to worry about the scarab emblem since you have to keep winning games on a flawless ticket. Twilight got the scarab tonight on what would have been a 17-0 ticket, although apparently it's RNG and can drop on the 10th win even. Of course he also got both of the new shaders as well! Over the course of like maybe 10 games. Craziness.

More to your post, I'll definitely be down to do a run with you and whoever else can help out. We'll find some time to give it a whirl and just keep our fingers crossed about your extra special connection issues.

Thanks so much dude. You played real well on our run and it was smooth sailing all the way. Honestly I was having the best time on the runs tonight, especially once we established a rhythm and got up to cruising speed. The call-outs were locked down, the team shots, the pinches, the revives, big plays for days. Nightstalker is totally addicting and has really reinvigorated PvP for me. You can get kills that straight up embarrass people in a way unlike any other subclass.

Also the video clip was pretty sweet. One of these days I'll sit down and watch that one. Of course a Destiny weapon like that would be a blast in PvE and hopelessly cruel in PvP so we'll never see anything like it.

Great stuff this weekend, man. You and Twilight were fun to watch as always. Hope I can help you guys out next weekend.

When you actually break down Tether, it really is kinda silly how much it needs a buff. Not only do you have the jump delay startup AND the actual travel time (which is quite slow if the target is outside of mid range), on top of all this they add a large startup for the actual suppression on hit.

No way it would be OP if they reduced the suppression startup after hit. Your opponent already has the long jump animation and sound effect cues for ample warning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom