• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT37| Everything Old is New Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Homeboyd

Hopefully Bungie makes the changes that bring you back to this wonderful game.
post-18170-Leonardo-Dicaprio-raising-glas-Glmc.gif

I just wait in the tower, anyone over light level 25 and have a very low grimoire and low ps trophies is a new player that bought the destiny ce edition. The guy I tried to do it with didn't work out because someone linked him yesterday and now he is stuck with that person. Darn, but the method should work and all ps4 comes with mic so communication should be easy.

I had to email him the code so he had to share his email address with me.

Strider

For a while I just wanted another expansion in Fall 2016 but the more I think about it the more I want Destiny 2.

An actual Destiny 2 that is. Not some expansion that's a seamless transition that's just marketed as Destiny 2 (Which I kinda expect)... But a whole new game where everyone starts all over again.

And it better have damn space dragons

Has Bungie confirmed/Denied a presence at PSX?

AlexBasch

No PVP outside of Crucible.

It is a shared world experience, similar to being in a town in MMORPG's, but with many fewer players on screen.
They can steal kills from you, but can not hurt you.
The only time they can hurt you is if you are in a party(fireteam) with them, and they run you over with a sparrow, or push you off a ledge.

Soloing the story missions is completely possible, and the only time you will be forced to play with others is in strikes.

Fresh meat for refer a friend. Any takers? :p

You can solo most story missions, but more fun to do them with a friend. Strikes have matchmaking so you just play those on your own, but beware idle players and quiters.

Online players can't kill you unless you play crucible. They might annoy you in the shared world by intentionally interrupting some patrol activity, but that's about it
Oh, it's a relief then. I was starting to get worried about getting into a "oh, you're new to this game, meet some people with one year experience who prey on the newbies" thing, haha.

Honestly, I'd like to play this alone as possible, I'm not really comfortable to play with other people, tbh. :/ Matchmaking would work well for me, but getting organized, play seriously and whatnot is not really my cup of tea.

Wanna do refer-a-friend quest?
Not at home right now, but what are those? :O

E92 M3

For a while I just wanted another expansion in Fall 2016 but the more I think about it the more I want Destiny 2.

An actual Destiny 2 that is. Not some expansion that's a seamless transition that's just marketed as Destiny 2 (Which I kinda expect)... But a whole new game where everyone starts all over again.

I don't want to start completely over. Keep it like an MMO where veterans have certain benefits for playing through the franchise.

Oh, it's a relief then. I was starting to get worried about getting into a "oh, you're new to this game, meet some people with one year experience who prey on the newbies" thing, haha.

Honestly, I'd like to play this alone as possible, I'm not really comfortable to play with other people, tbh. :/ Matchmaking would work well for me, but getting organized, play seriously and whatnot is not really my cup of tea.

Not at home right now, but what are those? :O

Refer friends are quests designed to get newer players playing with veterans players. You all get unique items at the end of the questline. You interested? ;)

Has Bungie confirmed/Denied a presence at PSX?

I don't want to start completely over. Keep it like an MMO where veterans have certain benefits for playing through the franchise.

I don't want to start COMPLETELY over, but yea I'd rather have a huge new game than a CE/HoW mini expansion, and be able to reward vets somehow for continuous play. Drop previous gen and revamp the tools to be able to make both development and updates/bug-fixes faster.

Every year there should really be a reset in stats. And a place we can visit old stats if we wanted to. Bungie.net would show current year stats by default.

With my monitor and the new meta and new subclasses, my stats are so different. But it's hard to change your average when you've played 1000 hours in year 1.

E92 M3

I don't want to start COMPLETELY over, but yea I'd rather have a huge new game than a CE/HoW mini expansion, and be able to reward vets somehow for continuous play. Drop previous gen and revamp the tools to be able to make both development and updates/bug-fixes faster.

Every year there should really be a reset in stats. And a place we can visit old stats if we wanted to. Bungie.net would show current year stats by default.

With my monitor and the new meta and new subclasses, my stats are so different. But it's hard to change your average when you've played 1000 hours in year 1.

Sorting stats by years would be really nice. In fact, Bungie has to up their stat game. Reach was the pinnacle, in my opinion.

Namikaze1

This gif I'm making for the BWU this week just isn't coming out good. Well just one part of the gif really but taking that part out will make it worse since it's essential to the whole thing.

does the "Refer-A-Friend" work for people who will be playing on a secondary PS4?
i.e., if I install Destiny on another PS4 with my account for my son who has never played Destiny with his acct, would it "count" as a new player? :D

oh, and I hope everyone had a terrific Thanksgiving!

and my account still hasn't fully changed from kazeshini to my PSN- rasengan1337... lol!

does the "Refer-A-Friend" work for people who will be playing on a secondary PS4?
i.e., if I install Destiny on another PS4 with my account for my son who has never played Destiny with his acct, would it "count" as a new player? :D

oh, and I hope everyone had a terrific Thanksgiving!

and my account still hasn't fully changed from kazeshini to my PSN- rasengan1337... lol!

The purchase of ttk has to be tied to his account sadly

Afrocious

Just put my dick on a chopping block

By that I negotiated a potential raise

Am I an adult now

I'll be returning to destiny this week

!

E92 M3

I am honestly scared about how Bungie will be tinkering - nerfing - Titans. I can see this happening:

Upon observing statistics and looking at gameplay, we have realized that Titans are moving too fast. Commonly known as Titan skating.

How we are fixing it: 30% decrease in movement speed.

Titan skating did not fit within our vision for Titans. As always, your feedback is always welcome, Guardians.

I made a couple of gifs from my doubles games this week:

http://i.imgur.com/33DYiJB.gif[IMG]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/ifM8DP5.gif[IMG]

Ugh... can someone tell me if we can post gifv files on this board? Do I use the image tag? I always get a broken image when I do that.

.gifv is an WebM or MP4 conversion of the gif. It's a much smaller file as a result and much more mobile (read:bandwidth) friendly. Those GIFs are 23MB and 50MB, which is huge.

The downside is that they're technically videos now, so the

GhaleonEB

Should be a fun week. Very much looking forward to more info on the next update. I have a good feeling about this one. I've had a strong itch to play more Destiny in breaks from wandering the Commonwealth, but part of me is just wanting the next update to hit.

Homeboyd

Should be a fun week. Very much looking forward to more info on the next update. I have a good feeling about this one. I've had a strong itch to play more Destiny in breaks from wandering the Commonwealth, but part of me is just wanting the next update to hit.
Is there something coming other than the HM challenges you're looking forward to? Haven't been keeping up at all.

Namikaze1

Well, had to scrap the old gif I had made for this week's BWU but the new one (it's really the same as the old one but instead of taking some stock gif, I went and made my own after looking up the video those gifs were from) is working perfectly.

So far anyway.

Now to wait for the BWU to add in the last details it needs (just some text) and then it's set.

Sorting stats by years would be really nice. In fact, Bungie has to up their stat game. Reach was the pinnacle, in my opinion.

It would be really cool, because with the way Destiny is with the weapon patches usually containing a megaton of changes all at once, it'd be nice to be able to either group by months/weapon patches or be able to just export by month/year and check out those stats ourselves.

I'm very curious to how much / performance I've done with each meta and either figure that out via stats or be able to break it down within Bungie's tools themselves. Either way would work for me. At the very least, by year.

Well, my deleted main character's stats are probably gone with him I'm guessing, so it wouldn't be completely accurate regardless, sad.

Tried to do Oryx on hard again last night. Group was all over 311 light but they insisted on doing the no knight strategy. Like I have seen every time a group tries this strategy, it was a complete cluster fuck and we got no where. Not sure if I'm ever going to kill Oryx on hard at this point. The rest of HM comes extremely easy. I'm considering taking a break from Destiny in light of this considering Bungie hasn't given us any clue as to why we should still be playing. I mean yeah, I can keep trying to grind to 320 light, but what for? What comes next? All we've heard about is more exotics and challenge modes. Both of which are great additions, but not really any reason to keep playing.

I made an attempt with an LFG group yesterday afternoon. We got close but weren't able to finish it. I gave up cause of RL stuff I needed to do. They were doing no knights and people kept dying stupid deaths as is usual with that strat.

By far the best LFG HM Oryx experience I had was last week. Joined the group as the only hunter, of course they pegged me as runner. I told them, "I'm not running unless we do the kill knights strat". Everyone was above 310 light and we had two Titans who I had do WoL and BoL so it worked out. The hilarious thing was that was my first time being the runner ever on HM, but it couldn't have gone more flawless.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Yeah down near Eva/ New Monarchy. Haven't missed much else a few shaders that seems to be either very rare or unobtainable.

so, I went to check and guess what

I have all armor pieces for normal mode shader except the chest
And the only hard mode armor piece I have is... the chest

:lol

I have a combined set!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom