• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT37| Everything Old is New Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
More to your post, I'll definitely be down to do a run with you and whoever else can help out. We'll find some time to give it a whirl and just keep our fingers crossed about your extra special connection issues.

Thanks Drizz, I'll be back in Australia tomorrow night so won't have those connection issues anymore.

Won't be able to make the reset raids though, I'll be in the air.

Tried to do Oryx on hard again last night. Group was all over 311 light but they insisted on doing the no knight strategy. Like I have seen every time a group tries this strategy, it was a complete cluster fuck and we got no where. Not sure if I'm ever going to kill Oryx on hard at this point. The rest of HM comes extremely easy. I'm considering taking a break from Destiny in light of this considering Bungie hasn't given us any clue as to why we should still be playing. I mean yeah, I can keep trying to grind to 320 light, but what for? What comes next? All we've heard about is more exotics and challenge modes. Both of which are great additions, but not really any reason to keep playing.

E92 M3

Tried to do Oryx on hard again last night. Group was all over 311 light but they insisted on doing the no knight strategy. Like I have seen every time a group tries this strategy, it was a complete cluster fuck and we got no where. Not sure if I'm ever going to kill Oryx on hard at this point. The rest of HM comes extremely easy. I'm considering taking a break from Destiny in light of this considering Bungie hasn't given us any clue as to why we should still be playing. I mean yeah, I can keep trying to grind to 320 light, but what for? What comes next? All we've heard about is more exotics and challenge modes. Both of which are great additions, but not really any reason to keep playing.

Killing knights - or the intended strategy - is so much better. Some people just want everything handed to them with minimal effort.

noomi

I wish this strat would just die off already, it relies too much on chance. Killing the knights is so much easier at this point... and way more fun for everyone involved.

Twilight Gap The stream seems to have taken a high explosive projectile to the knee its ascending servers.
Unlikely to ever see the footage again.

It's official. I don't understand how technology works.

Thanks Drizz, I'll be back in Australia tomorrow night so won't have those connection issues anymore.

Won't be able to make the reset raids though, I'll be in the air.

Ahhh, right right. For some reason I was thinking it was another week before you had to miss reset raiding due to travel.

Everything makes sense now.

WipedOut

Killing knights - or the intended strategy - is so much better. Some people just want everything handed to them with minimal effort.

I did 3 full raids tuesday night in 3 hours. Each Oryx kill we did Knight Strat. First time we had two wipes. 2nd Oryx we came close to 4 manning after two people went down. 3rd time we did a no wipe clean run. Leaving Ogres alive is just the wrong strat to do. We had two titans always in the middle, one running Weapons and the other running Blessing and we shredded the ogres.

E92 M3

I was helping out some brand new players to Destiny, and it was really exciting to get their perspective on the game. And so far, I have heard nothing but positive feedback. We've been playing for so long here - it's rather easy to forget how special Destiny felt just starting.

I did 3 full raids tuesday night in 3 hours. Each Oryx kill we did Knight Strat. First time we had two wipes. 2nd Oryx we came close to 4 manning after two people went down. 3rd time we did a no wipe clean run. Leaving Ogres alive is just the wrong strat to do. We had two titans always in the middle, one running Weapons and the other running Blessing and we shredded the ogres.

Yeah, uncontrollable variables are never good. No knights is good to get underleveled people through.

WipedOut

I was helping out some brand new players to Destiny, and it was really exciting to get their perspective on the game. And so far, I have heard nothing but positive feedback. We've been playing for so long here - it's rather easy to forget how special Destiny felt just starting.

Yeah, uncontrollable variables are never good. No knights is good to get underleveled people through.

Wait, are you doing the refer a friend thing? I need to find someone who doesn't have the game o_O

You say that now but we all know you gonna be busy killing some raider in the Commonwealth. :p

Haha. I'm on my second run with a Power Armor build. It's everything I imagined it would be.

Back to Destiny, up for a card tonight? Perhaps on your hunter? I know you usually just focus on your Titan in the slow times. So it's cool either way. I promise not to be a scrubby scrub tonight if we do play.

Namikaze1

Haha. I'm on my second run with a Power Armor build. It's everything I imagined it would be.

Back to Destiny, up for a card tonight? Perhaps on your hunter? I know you usually just focus on your Titan in the slow times. So it's cool either way. I promise not to be a scrubby scrub tonight if we do play.
Yeah, I'm up for it. Only got the ToO gloves on my alts so far. I'll most likely end up playing on my hunter.

Hey Nami have you had any luck finding newbies to refer a friend with?

Been playing Fallout 4 a lot now, about to switch up my build to include power armor so I can jetpack all around.

flkraven

Played 2 trials cards yesterday. We are just 3 dudes that rarely play PvP in Destiny except for Iron Banner. I've gone flawless once in the past but I needed a 14 year old ringer to help carry the team through. Without him, getting a single win on a card was rare.

Last night we got 4 and 6 wins. I don't know if it's the new matchmaking, the meta, or perhaps we've just improved? Whatever it is, I was happy with our results. I'm sure the December update will fix it so we lose every round again.

I gave up. Not worth the trouble.

Lol people on reddit are posting about how they wait on earth to see a level 25 with a low grimoire and message them. Like you said not worth the trouble.

Also I only rock the Y1 trials emblem because it is impossible to obtain it in Y2. I'm an OG flawless guy, back when you had to go up against Thorn.

Lol people on reddit are posting about how they wait on earth to see a level 25 with a low grimoire and message them. Like you said not worth the trouble.

Also I only rock the Y1 trials emblem because it is impossible to obtain it in Y2. I'm an OG flawless guy, back when you had to go up against Thorn.

My Man!

Jinjo

I gave up. Not worth the trouble.

I had persuaded a friend to buy The Taken King. But since he has a US account and bought a PAL copy of the game he had to input the download codes on an alternate PAL account. Conclusion: his main US account (were he played Destiny vanilla on) doesn't recognize he 'bought' TTK, so the quest doesn't trigger for the both of us.

That is some straight-A bullshit.

Namikaze1

I don't even use either flawless emblems anymore. Got bored of both a few days after I got them.

But if the scarab emblem drops for me, I'll be using that one for a long time. That one is freaking rare compared to the flawless ones.

I haven't played Destiny in a while, even though I've been keeping up to date with bwu and other news. It feels like without a known dlc on the horizon, the game loses a lot of its pull. I have nothing to look forward to with this game any more.

It also feels like Destiny 2 is the next thing. And part of me thinks a brand new disc release, maybe with some kind of carry over feature for your guardian.

GutZ31

I haven't played Destiny in a while, even though I've been keeping up to date with bwu and other news. It feels like without a known dlc on the horizon, the game loses a lot of its pull. I have nothing to look forward to with this game any more.

It also feels like Destiny 2 is the next thing. And part of me thinks a brand new disc release, maybe with some kind of carry over feature for your guardian.

Depending on what all would transfer over, I would seriously think about just starting from scratch.

I'm glad you can buy legendary swords now. Just started the quest for the void and solar sword on my Hunter at the same time. Trying to knock out certain exotic quests before new content roll outs because I know I won't be going back to do it. Just have these swords and the exotic scout for warlocks left to do.

AlexBasch

Just got Destiny Taken King bundle or whatever in the last sale. I've got a couple of questions.

Can I solo most missions aside from that forced-with-friends thing? And what's the deal with the online players at the same time as me in other missions? Can they attack me or enter PVP mode like the Souls game or something?

I honestly don't have any idea of how this game works, my best friend bought it for our shared account, so I'm just checking it out of curiosity.

GutZ31

Just got Destiny Taken King bundle or whatever in the last sale. I've got a couple of questions.

Can I solo most missions aside from that forced-with-friends thing? And what's the deal with the online players at the same time as me in other missions? Can they attack me or enter PVP mode like the Souls game or something?

I honestly don't have any idea of how this game works, my best friend bought it for our shared account, so I'm just checking it out of curiosity.

No PVP outside of Crucible.

It is a shared world experience, similar to being in a town in MMORPG's, but with many fewer players on screen.
They can steal kills from you, but can not hurt you.
The only time they can hurt you is if you are in a party(fireteam) with them, and they run you over with a sparrow, or push you off a ledge.

Soloing the story missions is completely possible, and the only time you will be forced to play with others is in strikes.

Fresh meat for refer a friend. Any takers? :p

You can solo most story missions, but more fun to do them with a friend. Strikes have matchmaking so you just play those on your own, but beware idle players and quiters.

Online players can't kill you unless you play crucible. They might annoy you in the shared world by intentionally interrupting some patrol activity, but that's about it

HMD

Wanna do refer-a-friend quest?

Drizzaaay

giphy.gif

Substitute build a snowman with play trials with me tonight

darknil

Somehow I feel that CoO is somewhat like the loot cave was.

How I wish that engrams could drop 300+ so doing CoO was worth the time.

Any possibility that the December update could have new content apart from the new old exotics? Like new CoO bosses or new events ala Black Spindle / NTTE / Sleeper Stimulant

Edit: I'm just another on that door hoping to build a snowman ._.

noomi

Just realized that I completely forgot to check Xur this Friday.... that's probably the first time since the game has launched that I didn't check...

Did I miss anything good..... lulz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom