• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT37| Everything Old is New Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Namikaze1

Where did you stay? I went camping up by Gainesville, I'll never do that again. Snakes, spiders and Alligators. No Thank you. I'll go camp up north
Orlando.

Family vacation about 8-9 years back. Only went there once while the rest of the family kept going back every year since (I hated it over there). We visited a bunch of places I can't remember. Tried looking a snake or an alligator (I was young and stupid) but never found one. The bugs though didn't bother me since I was used to being attacked by bugs after nearly a decade over at Puerto Rico. I'm terrified of snakes but at the same time find them fascinating. Only went looking for one because as I said I was young and stupid.

X-Frame

I've really clicked with Titan's as well, but Bungie being Bungie, will nerf something for no reason and take 5 months to reverse it lol.

I'm optimistic that it won't be anything bad. I mean it took them a year to tweak Blink, and skating is not nearly as "deadly" plus it requires significantly more practice and experience to be effective at it. I highly doubt they'd tweak it because of 1 person (Gabe). Every time I play I try to move more like him, which is a lot of fun. It's only taken like 3 months to be 25% as good as him, haha.

Oh God don't post pictures of Australian nightmare fuel. I can't handle it.

Your name isn't ruthless for no reason!

I hate spiders.

I ain't never going to Australia because of them (among many other reasons).

That's fucking Spider Kingdom.

I can't barely handle these small ass spiders here. Fuck the ones over in Australia. We should nuke that place.

How the heck do you deal with it? I'd have mint and lemon plastered all over my walls. They apparently hate that stuff but I haven't tried it yet

Spiders are harmless. Hasn't been a death from a spider bite in Australia in the last 40 years.

That said, summer is coming...spiders will be everywhere ;)

Oh and yeah I have pictures if you have the stomachs..

Afrocious

I wonder how interesting it would be to watch a stream of an average Destiny PvPer attempt to do 1000 games of crucible over the course of several weeks.

I got the idea from watching an old coworker of mine's youtube channel where he posts vids of his NBA2K games. Nothing spectacular is going on in them - it's just him making a team and going online in Ranked. At the bottom left is a live feed of him in a headset playing the game.

He has like 1000-2000 views on each video.

Spiders are harmless. Hasn't been a death from a spider bite in Australia in the last 40 years.

That said, summer is coming...spiders will be everywhere ;)

Oh and yeah I have pictures if you have the stomachs..

You don't have Brown Recluse or Black Widows? Those are dangerous!

I don't have the stomach, no thanks!

Namikaze1

Harmless...

Sure.

Whatever you say.

It's not like there's a pic of some spider from Australia killing this bird (can't remember if it was a bird) out there on the web.

But that's not what scares me. Nah. It's just those pics of places being overrun by them. I've seen those pics!

Imagine waking up one day to seeing web all over your front yard. Yeah, fuck that!

I wonder how interesting it would be to watch a stream of an average Destiny PvPer attempt to do 1000 games of crucible over the course of several weeks.

I got the idea from watching an old coworker of mine's youtube channel where he posts vids of his NBA2K games. Nothing spectacular is going on in them - it's just him making a team and going online in Ranked. At the bottom left is a live feed of him in a headset playing the game.

It may be that some people would see is channel. A change from this super duper and most of the time, annoying Destiny youtubers et all
Someone playing for fun, not for clickbaits it's always refreshing

i went to africa a few years ago and i was visiting my uncle's house. the foyer was dark and about 4 feet wide. Out of the corner of my eye i caught a spider the size of my hand above my head on the wall.

yea

Afrocious

It may be that some people would see is channel. A change from this super duper and most of the time, annoying Destiny youtubers et all
Someone playing for fun, not for clickbaits it's always refreshing

Yeah I wouldn't be doing any carries or raffles or anything, I'd just be playing to try to hit a quota of Crucible games while talking with folks in a party.

i went to africa a few years ago and i was visiting my uncle's house. the foyer was dark and about 4 feet wide. Out of the corner of my eye i caught a spider the size of my hand above my head on the wall.

yea

You have an uncle in Africa?

We talking South Africa?

mr gap what is your ethnicity and your race

it's about time we had this discussion

i've been trying to read your voice and i cannot at all

It's be interesting to do like 100 game of each playlist.

Rumble
Skirmish
Salvage
Control
Clash
Rift
Elemination
Doubles
Mayhem
Zones

Though 1000 games, or even 100 of each is a lot.

The average match (including loading screens and matchmaking) is about 12 minutes. It drops closer to 9 if you do playlists with fewer people such as Rumble or Doubles.

yea

That's normal over here..They don't really do anything. I've actually said this before but I'll repeat it, we have huntsman spiders that actually kill other spiders and insects, keep your house insect free.

Spiders are awesome.

Honestly, if they nerfed or otherwise tweaked skating and/or shoulder charge boosting in any way I would likely stop playing entirely.

I've clicked with the Titan class and that is the biggest reason why.

I hope the Titan focus is to do something with the melee for all subclasses, nerf Sunbreaker's Hammer and then buff Striker and Defender in PvP or something.

I can't see a reason to nerf Titans outside of Hammer of Sol for any reason whatsoever -- even if Defenders are currently top tier for PvE.

I feel like if Sunbreakers get nerfed, then Bungie should buff the other subclasses, especially Striker. But let's not forget that the clamor for balance is again centered entirely on PvP.

Year One subclasses need a major tuning pass, but I don't think that's going to happen. That's a lot of effort and things aren't in great shape.

My PvE Rankings:

Defender: A+
Striker: F
Sunbreaker: A-

Sunsinger: A-
Voidwalker: C
Stormcaller: B

Nightstalker: A
Gunslinger: D
Bladedancer: B-

(Those are approximate, I'm a Titan main, but those are my rankings from personal play and from my teammates).

Bungie is clearly okay with some guns being "for PvP only", like No Land Beyond. Based on Year one having 0 subclass balance changes, I think that they're okay with some subclasses being PvP only. I mean, Hunters were terrible for PvE for all of Year 1. Gunslingers w/o Celestial Nighthawk can't even one-shot a single yellow-bar Cabal. Bladedancers generate barely any orbs. Bladedancers at least had invis for clutch revives/dismantles. My question for Sage & the rest of the Sandbox crew is do they want all subclasses to be viable in both worlds?

Does Sunbreaker need to be nerfed in PvE? As badly as it does in Crucible? Defender is soooo good, that Sunbreaker 1.0 is the only thing that can get me to drop it. And what is the point of Strikers? They're pointless in PvE and only even close to viable in Crucible once Armamentarium comes back.

I worry this is going to be yet another "balance" update that's driven by PvP concerns and negatively impacts PvE.

Afrocious

It's be interesting to do like 100 game of each playlist.

Rumble
Skirmish
Salvage
Control
Clash
Rift
Elemination
Doubles
Mayhem
Zones

Though 1000 games, or even 100 of each is a lot.

The average match (including loading screens and matchmaking) is about 12 minutes. It drops closer to 9 if you do playlists with fewer people such as Rumble or Doubles.

Yeah 1000 is a ton of games, but recently I've been thinking about what I've been through outside of videogames to get the current skill set I have now as a 25 year old young adult, and I'm interested in applying a fraction of the initiative I've put in other parts of my life into Destiny given how much I visit this thread and play the game.

I dunno about doing 100 games of each playlist though. Rumble is ass

Yeah I wouldn't be doing any carries or raffles or anything, I'd just be playing to try to hit a quota of Crucible games while talking with folks in a party.

You have an uncle in Africa?

We talking South Africa?

mr gap what is your ethnicity and your race

it's about time we had this discussion

i've been trying to read your voice and i cannot at all

i don't have any accent. my dad's family is from Ghana and Lebanon.

Yeah 1000 is a ton of games, but recently I've been thinking about what I've been through outside of videogames to get the current skill set I have now as a 25 year old young adult, and I'm interested in applying a fraction of the initiative I've put in other parts of my life into Destiny given how much I visit this thread and play the game.

Then sub it for inferno

dgaf... I did it, I bought an xbox one.

now what?

sell it and buy a gaming PC instead
hg3XQCw.png

get Halo 5 and play it with me and stabie.

Namikaze1

But for real, go get Rise of the Tomb Raider. Us poor PS4-only folks will have to wait a year for the port while PC folks just need to wait a few more months.

Afrocious

i don't have any accent. my dad's family is from Ghana and Lebanon.

cool.

now i feel less weird when you post gifs or write out post with the n-word

i didn't want to start a world war in the thread but i would've at some point

all is fine in the world

Then sub it for inferno

or just do 1000 games of skirmish lol

But for real, go get Rise of the Tomb Raider. Us poor PS4-only folks will have to wait a year for the port while PC folks just need to wait a few more months.

but ps4 is getting uncharted 4 soon

noomi

Shoot me a friend request, name is noomi on XBL :D Just let me know who you are lol

You probably need to install some updates.

Oh man, gonna plug that bad boy in and let it update for 2 days :p

Rock Band, obviously.

Thats the only game I have on my XB1.

I might be tempted, I used to really enjoy guitar hero... been years though.

Now you go buy Destiny Taken King Legendary Edition and wait for the inevitable RAF requests.

Step 1) Buy Destiny
Step 2) Refer a Friend!
Step 3) Profit.

But seriously...

Rock Band
Halo 5
Sunset Overdrive (Supposedly, I haven't tried it yet)

ELITE CONTROLLER.

Also, welcome!

Destiny shall remain on PS4 only, I don't think I would ever have it in me to level a guardian from scratch again lol.

Get Halo 5 so we can play together and then just wait until next year for more exclusive games :(

Step 1: Sunset Overdrive
Step 2: Sunset Overdrive

You play Sunset OverDrive And Halo 5

Welcome aboard!

Planning on sunset overdrive, halo 5, forza 6, horizon 2, and rise of da tomb raider. Waiting for Quantum Break to come, that's going to be awesome.

sell it and buy a gaming PC instead
hg3XQCw.png

get Halo 5 and play it with me and stabie.

Heh, I've already got a pretty beastly PC. I just wanted the xbox for the exclusives :D

Rumble is my fav, mostly because I play solo. There's no better playlist for learning gun skill and situational awareness. Learning how to force 1v1s, and maintaining cover is crucial.

My Crucible skill has gone up immensely since I starting Rumbling and actively paying attention to my play.

Rumble is my fav, mostly because I play solo. There's no better playlist for learning gun skill and situational awareness. Learning how to force 1v1s, and maintaining cover is crucial.

My Crucible skill has gone up immensely since I starting Rumbling and actively paying attention to my play.

I agree. Rumble is where you should go to hone your skills. How many Rumble wins do you have? I'm trying to hit 100 for the grimoire but I've been feeling lazy lately. I plan to hop back in after the December update, before weapon 2.0 I would always end up in the top 2 in Rumble.

noomi

Download the obligatory updates, sure there is a ton of them. Update the controller. Download some games and Add GT - WipedOut - E92 is Trance Addix

Yeah, going to do that as soon as I get home... wait there are controller update? I have to do that separately? Weird....

I'll add you guys now, I downloaded the smart glass app... I think it lets you add friends... I think...

When I first got Halo 3, before I ever joined any forum or clan or anything, I played nothing but Rumble (or whatever the FFA thing was). (Edit: Lone Wolves)

I think I climbed up to Rank 48 before I finally started talking to some forum goers about playing in a group.

By the time I joined, they were happy to have me. I was already at the top end of the bell curve of the groups collective skill levels.

This is just how i play games though. I was the same way here for Vault of Glass. I was already level 29 before I ever asked anyone here to help me through VoG on Normal.

I just make sure that if I ever insert myself into situations where I'm playing with others, that I'm not going to be dragging the group down in any way.

Afrocious

... it's so odd to me that this is how language and race barriers work these days...

A lot of folks on GAF are clueless on how they talk with people. I've corrected (and sometimes blew up on) some users here and there.

Zoba's different - I didn't immediately say anything because he's a familiar face/user but folks like that are the most problematic because just because you can associate with them that you think they should slide.

I'd sooner call someone out on a mic than I would in a post for some reason though.

Hmm, really? I guess I'll count Rumble. I wasn't thinking about completing a quota for each playlist though.

My most anticipated game of 2016.

Sorry, Dark Souls 3.

good man

Yeah, going to do that as soon as I get home... wait there are controller update? I have to do that separately? Weird....

I'll add you guys now, I downloaded the smart glass app... I think it lets you add friends... I think...

yea you have to download the controller update seperately, by plugging it in via USB and then it might pop up. There's a new dashboard so it's all foreign to me again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom