• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT37| Everything Old is New Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just finish warpriest in one cycle got nothing what did we do wrong

Did anyone die? Where did you DPS him from?

Edit people on Reddit are saying they 2 cycled him with no deaths and got nothing, or another warpriest spawned :d it's either glitched or you need to something very specific

Just finish warpriest in one cycle got nothing what did we do wrong

If the check is that you have to kill him while only destroying one rune, but you killed him before he actually destroyed a single one, then you wouldn't get it...

That would be hilarious if true... (Disclaimer: this post is pure speculation as is every post about Challenge mode right now)

2real4tv

If the check is that you have to kill him while only destroying one rune, but you killed him before he actually destroyed a single one, then you wouldn't get it...

That would be hilarious if true... (Disclaimer: this post is pure speculation as is every post about Challenge mode right now)
Sorry meant 2cycle

The challenge is strange because it's stuff we've been doing all along, so we have no idea what triggered it. Off the top of my head it could be an actual modifier and adds are harder and we just didn't notice (not likely), no deaths (seemingly already debunked), and obviously the two cycle with only one rune destroyed which seems the most likely. We'd have to do some testing if the center rune is the key though. Perhaps it's entirely linked to only losing that center rune.

2real4tv

The challenge is strange because it's stuff we've been doing all along, so we have no idea what triggered it. Off the top of my head it could be an actual modifier and adds are harder and we just didn't notice (not likely), no deaths (seemingly already debunked), and obviously the two cycle with only one rune destroyed which seems the most likely. We'd have to do some testing if the center rune is the key though. Perhaps it's entirely linked to only losing that center rune.
Look at vid above center rune still there

got him on the second aura, nobody got shit. i'll be really really annoyed if you only can get it on your first warpreist kill for each character, and i missed out because they don't tell us what the fuck we're supposed to be doing.

We broke a glyph sequence on our second run, but still killed him with the same 2 cycles from middle... and nobody got the Challenge drops. Including Breezy who was doing it for the first time, so it wasn't just an issue of "once per account" or whatever.

edit: also we used two aura holders on the first one but only one aura holder on the second (I did it both times)

GlamFM

Banned
We broke a glyph sequence on our second run, but still killed him with the same 2 cycles from middle... and nobody got the Challenge drops. Including Breezy who was doing it for the first time, so it wasn't just an issue of "once per account" or whatever.

The big question is if you can get it if you failed once.

Are you trying again on the same characters?

Daemul

I wonder if we can expect the balance patch later today. I doubt it, but it would be a nice surprise.

They need to add a jumping puzzle challenge mode.

Iirc Deej said a patch wasn't dropping today. The big patches seem to drop the day IB launches nowadays, so don't expect a patch until the 15th.

i just want to get it done quickly on as many characters as possible, because i wouldn't be surprised if they messed up and this wasn't even supposed to be in the game yet. didn't they do that with iron banner one week?

GlamFM

Banned
i just want to get it done quickly on as many characters as possible, because i wouldn't be surprised if they messed up and this wasn't even supposed to be in the game yet. didn't they do that with iron banner one week?

Why do people think it´s not supposed to be live?

Early in December, one of the King’s Fall bosses will offer their challenge each week. You’ll see which boss when you select the Raid in the Director. It will display next to a skull, just like one of our Nightfall modifiers. They work on both normal and hard mode, and offer rewards to match.

Jinjo

Okay so Unstabie raid crew conclusions from two runs:

Don't break cycle
Different aura holders (maybe)

That's the only thing different from the first run they did. Both a two-cycle kill.

You can keep doing Warpriest as you get the rewards from a chest, people have gone back and done it after scrubbing a first attempt

Anyone got a war priest check point :D

umm, i think you can only get hard mode rewards on your first try. i did it once and we didn't get it. did it a 2nd time and we got it, but i only got 310 stuff. everyone else got 320. i was the only one on my second attempt.

noomi

So don't break middle obelisk maybe?

Not sure, maybe? All speculation from reddit right now.

Isn't Right-Middle-Middle the usual order?

We usually just do middle x2. I think thats what drizz and crew did this morning also.

that's what we did, but we didn't get it.

it's probably something completely random, like you have to kills the knights in some order or something.

Hmmm, well i wont be raiding unil 6pm so by then hopefuly someone figures it out haha.

umm, i think you can only get hard mode rewards on your first try. i did it once and we didn't get it. did it a 2nd time and we got it, but i only got 310 stuff. everyone else got 320. i was the only one on my second attempt.

scratch this. i didn't get it until i went to orbit for some reason. got the 320 artifact and 320 sniper.

we went right-middle, but we also did that on my first try that didn't succeed. we also had one person die each time, but we still got it on my second try.

Apologies for the silly question - have you double checked postmaster etc?

EDIT - ok it was a go to orbit thing - a few drops seems to be like that. I remember it starting with exotics at Crota, and then there was the IB rank 5 package thing recently....plus their admission that if you quit the game before going to orbit you can lose drops.

Seems weird to tie loot to exiting a mission rather than completing it.

It must be that boss drops get activated on boss kill (like skolas primaries) but activity rewards get activated on activity completion...and there is a grey line between the two.

Double edit - it's just a guess but "dont break glyph sequence" seems the most likely. That is "the" mechanic in that fight, and the bit that was hard to puzzle out in blind raids.

Either that it's a secret timer, and breaking a glyph sequence loses time as people re-shuffle themselves back on plates?

GlamFM

Banned
scratch this. i didn't get it until i went to orbit for some reason. got the 320 artifact and 320 sniper.

we went right-middle, but we also did that on my first try that didn't succeed. we also had one person die each time, but we still got it on my second try.

On your second character or on the same one?

If on the same character - did you kill him on your first try?

Jinjo

You messed up a glyph sequence on your first try?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom