• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT37| Everything Old is New Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apologies for the silly question - have you double checked postmaster etc?

EDIT - ok it was a go to orbit thing - a few drops seems to be like that. I remember it starting with exotics at Crota, and then there was the IB rank 5 package thing recently....plus their admission that if you quit the game before going to orbit you can lose drops.

Seems weird to tie loot to exiting a mission rather than completing it.

It must be that boss drops get activated on boss kill (like skolas primaries) but activity rewards get activated on activity completion...and there is a grey line between the two.

it was a glitch or something, because a) i got the 310 stuff from the chest right away, and b) everyone got their 320 stuff from the chest right away

btw, i told the person inviting me beforehand that i was going to back out after the warpriest. i didn't want it to sound like i was screwing people over.

On your second character or on the same one?

If on the same character - did you kill him on your first try?

yeah, same character. killed him on the first attempt too. the second try was with a different group.

You messed up a glyph sequence on your first try?

nope. not on either try.

it sounds like there's some trivial thing that you have to do a certain way, and a lot of people are just doing it by happenstance. i'm trying to think of anything significant that we did differently on either run, and i can't.

Jinjo

The fact that they don't tell you what the challenge is is fucking retarded.

Part of the fun is figuring it out. First time raiding is the best destiny experience you can get. That's why people are sorta "disappointed" in challenge mode. Since you can pretty much get it by things going normally.

They did say the actual challenge would be secret...although I thought they said there would be one of those "white text" clues?

There are really two challenges - just like there is with the raid itself. The actual challenge/execution of the fight and the "meta" challenge for the community of figuring out what the challenge is in the first place.

hope i don't wake up to this thread at the bottom of the sine wave again lol

WindyMeagerIberianmole.gif

Jinjo

How is it even possible to mess up the glyph sequence? :lol

Ask Breezy lol.

yeah, same character. killed him on the first attempt too. the second try was with a different group.

nope. not on either try.

it sounds like there's some trivial thing that you have to do a certain way, and a lot of people are just doing it by happenstance. i'm trying to think of anything significant that we did differently on either run, and i can't.

You had only one aura holder the first time, two different ones on your second run? That's the latest speculation, you need two different aura holders.

nope. not on either try.

Time? did the first one feel longer?

Two different gaze holders versus the same one twice?

Did the aura holder fully complete their count-downs each time? I.e. they didn't lose any cycles by killing two adds at once?

EDIT - reddit seems pretty convinced it's different gaze holders - would be interesting if you can confirm, or deny, that?

maomaoIYP

Wait... what? What did I miss?

I'm surprised that there are gaffers who haven't heard of this....Shaxx has a very long crucible quest. Completing it unlocks 5 weekly bounties. Completing those bounties every week gives you NF level rewards from the crucible drop pool, which has items that can only be found in the crucible. You can also get coins and exotics.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
I'm surprised that there are gaffers who haven't heard of this....Shaxx has a very long crucible quest. Completing it unlocks 5 weekly bounties. Completing those bounties every week gives you NF level rewards from the crucible drop pool, which has items that can only be found in the crucible. You can also get coins and exotics.
I see. I didn't bother to do it, probably should.

I understand going into the new raid blind etc, did it with KF and it was great but from previous MMO experience challenge mode was never something that had to be figured out, it was just difficult(though usually just timed).

If the challenge is limited to one boss per week to me it just seems clunky to have to hold the CP on an alt and everyone go to orbit and re join and then CP holder re join etc etc because you didn't do whatever the challenge is correctly. Not sure why I expected them to make the challenge known but I did.

I was probably too strong in my post, i'm actually salty as hell I can't be home having a go at it.

Namikaze1

Breezy
@Namikaze1 Challenge Mode is up!

Time stamp: 4:39 AM EST

I was knocked out, Breezy. Just saw your tweet. Still looking for a group to attempt the challenge.

Jinjo

320 heavy machine gun

finally

after 10000 years

My speculation- Golgoroth and Oryx will require different gaze holders and different Oryx runners
Pretty much. Guessing the single orb strat is still gonna be viable that way, as long as you can do it in 6 gaze phases.

Wait, so you dont even need to 2-shot him?

The two-shotted him both times, but other teams have reported getting loot with three/four cycles. Important thing is different aura holders.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
We were actually making it harder for ourselves by not dying and trying to kill him in two auras which is still pretty easily doable.

Pretty much. Guessing the single orb strat is still gonna be viable that way, as long as you can do it in 6 gaze phases.

The two-shotted him both times, but other teams have reported getting loot with three/four cycles. Important thing is different aura holders.

Yeah a person on reddit said they did it with 4 cycles and two people dead (they had deliberately let it go that long becuase they thought you havd to let him get all of his attacks)

because one of the three originals had died, they had 4 different gaze holders.

I think this also eliminates any time-based limit.

Deku Tree

Pretty sure Warpriest Challenge is to kill him by only having one Rune destroyed

aka 2 cycle him

aka do what everyone has been doing for months

aka wtf

Well my first prediction about the challenge modes for WP was correct.

Wonder if I'll got three for three. Can repost my predictions later from my post history.

Time? did the first one feel longer?

Two different gaze holders versus the same one twice?

Did the aura holder fully complete their count-downs each time? I.e. they didn't lose any cycles by killing two adds at once?

EDIT - reddit seems pretty convinced it's different gaze holders - would be interesting if you can confirm, or deny, that?

i don't remember if we did on the first one, but i do remember we had different holders on the 2nd one. actually, we had 3 separate holders on the successful run, because the holder died about 10 seconds before we killed the warpriest.

Warpriest Challenge seems to be "use a different brand holder each time."

Might also require 2 cycles but not necessarily so. Also if a different person grabs the second brand but then dies (and it transferred to the person who grabbed the first brand) we didn't get the challenge drops.

Also, the Challenge chest can drop 310 exotics. Stabie got a 310 Bad Juju.

Unstable

Warpriest Challenge seems to be "use a different brand holder each time."

Might also require 2 cycles but not necessarily so. Also if a different person grabs the second brand but then dies (and it transferred to the person who grabbed the first brand) we didn't get the challenge drops.

Also, the Challenge chest can drop 310 exotics. Stabie got a 310 Bad Juju.

I'm streaming our run right now. @ http://www.twitch.tv/unstablelive

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Did Bungie make a mistake? I kinda think this wasn't supposed to go live so we are just doing 3x Warpriest just to be sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom