• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT37| Everything Old is New Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

bitsurugi

LOL, just watched a stream (darn work):

kinda looked the same as usual to me, they 1 shotted the boss, easily. They got 320 artifact, fragment & emblem. I swear to god, half stream chat was ''WTF, what's the challenge?

Seeing it... NOT mad i am stuck at work.

I wonder if we can expect the balance patch later today. I doubt it, but it would be a nice surprise.

They need to add a jumping puzzle challenge mode.

Jinjo

how do you do the challenge. is it automatically active during the raid, or do you choose that part specifically in the director?

Active during the raid automatically.

I wonder if you can fuck up a challenge and then lose your chance at loot.

Pretty sure Warpriest Challenge is to kill him by only having one Rune destroyed

aka 2 cycle him

aka do what everyone has been doing for months

aka wtf

Shito

Ha ha, all that hype and don't worry about content as challenge mode is coming. Bungie blew it again

320's nice though
Yeah, not interested one bit to come back to the game for "just that".
It's a nice little addition, but I don't really care about getting to 320 if it's only useful to run the only relevant raid at the moment... which you don't need to be 320 for.

I can't say I'm being blown away by the live team so far... ^^

Jinjo

Pretty sure Warpriest Challenge is to kill him by only having one Rune destroyed

aka 2 cycle him

aka do what everyone has been doing for months

aka wtf

I wonder what happens if you happen to 3-cycle him instead.

Or like next week, kill Golgoroth with the 1-orb strat instead of the desired full-orb strat. Would you just not get the challenge loot then?

But you don't know that >_>;

Breezy pls. You can give the Devil's Advocate a rest from time to time.

Of course I don't know that, but it's based on the fact that everyone who's posted here or on Reddit has gotten it from doing 2 cycles (destroying only 1 rune). Also it was clearly speculation based on this information since I said "pretty sure..." which means I don't know for sure....

Huh, so we all got a 320 Artifact, and a 310 Normal and 320 Hardmode drop. Pretty cool. Will be interested to see if that is guaranteed or just awesome luck.

Breezy pls. You can give the Devil's Advocate a rest from time to time.

Of course I don't know that, but it's based on the fact that everyone who's posted here or on Reddit has gotten it from doing 2 cycles (destroying only 1 rune). Also it was clearly speculation based on this information since I said "pretty sure..." which means I don't know for sure....

That speaks more to how easy the boss fight is. Try 3 cycling when you do it on your alt after this~

Nuszka

If this is the taste of things to come... Wow i am actually speechless... Challenge mode...
Btw did anyone saw any "new" exotics drop or do we still need to wait for the patch when it comes to that ?

GlamFM

Banned
Easy on the salt because the challenge mode does not "challenge" you enough.

Keep in mind we are the 1% of the 1% .

We can´t expect the game always to be tuned towards us and our skill level.

There are millions of Destiny players who will find this really tough i´m sure.

Jinjo

If this is the taste of things to come... Wow i am actually speechless... Challenge mode...
Btw did anyone saw any "new" exotics drop or do we still need to wait for the patch when it comes to that ?

I'll take the better loot drops gladly, great change. But there's no reason this shouldn't have been available day 1. Not that I expected any real new mechanics or anything to the bosses. That was hopeful dreaming from day 1.

don't you mean phases

every raid is easy when you're playing with experienced people tho

try it with newbs it's not so fun

No, in this case it's cycle because it's repeating the same thing on the same boss over and over again. I went through this, since the sisters forces you in a certain order, you have to clear both sisters to 'cycle' and start on the 1st again. If it was like warpriest, where you could choose any sister(In this case, any runestone), then it would be a cycle.

Easy on the salt because the challenge mode does not "challenge" you enough.

Keep in mind we are the 1% of the 1% .

We can´t expect the game always to be tuned towards us and our skill level.

There are millions of Destiny players who will find this really tough i´m sure.

If it's a 2 cycle challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom