• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT37| Everything Old is New Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

GunnerZ

WoW getting that artifacts is way to easy, I was feeling that doing each challenge each week would get you the remaining get calcified fragments which would open a quest then you will get the 320 artifact, but no "switch the relic holder" really??? it my bad for having higher expectations I guess I'll have to dumb-down my predictions and speculation for future content. -_-"

Deku Tree

MvSfKzX.jpg

Jinjo

So people are getting excited? Wow. Enjoy your 15 minutes of "new" content.

If you thought challenge mode was gonna be actually be "new" content I dunno what to tell you man. Seems like your own expectations are to blame there. It was always gonna be: beat boss in a specific way, get better loot. Like Templar granting the extra chest if you beat him without teleporting. Only this time it's worthwhile.

Nuszka

If you thought challenge mode was gonna be actually be "new" content I dunno what to tell you man. Seems like your own expectations are to blame there. It was always gonna be: beat boss in a specific way, get better loot. Like Templar granting the extra chest if you beat him without teleporting. Only this time it's worthwhile.

So from getting excited over new content now we have to keep our expectations low. I honestly just thought the challenge would be more complicated. The fact that some people didn't realize that they were doing challenge mode until receiving rewards speaks for itself.

Deku Tree

Anyone doing HM challenge mode need a solid player? I can be on in five minutes.

Also looking to do HM warpreist 3x

Looking for another Warpriest challenge mode, did it twice. I have the check point.

PSN: Kilau

I can do HM WPx3 as well. I have a meeting at 9am so depending on how quick it gets started I may have to dip out for a few.

Edit: Kilau too?

Let's do this. Need two more?

Shito

It's also way less "organic" than it was for the Templar, which was available day 1, not on a schedule, and not with a big icon telling you "oooouuuh secreeeeet ahead!".
I'm really not a fan of what they did with KF, at all, it's all too gimmicky. :/

Also, the rewards for the challenge mode are only good because the ones for the raid are just abysmal.
And they were this way because of the challenge mode...

Hm. Is the challenge mode a separate thing on the director or just part of the raid as normal?

Just a modifier for the normal and hard Raid director selection.

You have to kill Warpriest with different people grabbing each Brand. You can die, you can do different numbers of cycles, but you have to use different brand holders.

So, warpriest challenge can be done from checkpoint? You don't need to start a fresh raid?

I guess golgoroth hm checkpoint with be in huge demand next week. Guaranteed 320 armor would be nice. Wonder if oryx challenge will drop a guaranteed 320 primary, or just pull anything from the loot table..

EL CUCO

They should've had this from the beginning HM was out and not say a word about it. Let people figure it all out on their own.

The real challenge mode is firing up Destiny for this knowing that there's no noticeable benefit to being 318 from 315 or whatever I was.

1% of 1% world problems

Just a modifier for the normal and hard Raid director selection.

You have to kill Warpriest with different people grabbing each Brand. You can die, you can do different numbers of cycles, but you have to use different brand holders.

Thanks Drizz. Seems very easy and doable. Will give it a run tonight with my reset crew.

Apart from the recent iron banner I've been out of destiny since AC:S and Halo 5 came out. Nearly all of the people I played with have moved on to other stuff, but today feels like a good time to get back into destiny. If there are any xboners out there who need an extra gun in their fireteam, or just fancy helping a guy out, add me.

GT Lee182jib

Ji66a-Man

What is NF this week? Haven't done one in a few weeks.

Fallen SABER
Epic - Heavily shielded and highly aggressive enemies appear in great numbers.
Void Burn - Void damage from any source is greatly increased.
Brawler - Guardian melee damage is greatly increased.
Juggler - No ammo drops for your equipped weapon.
Ironclad - More enemies have shields.

Fallen SABER
Epic - Heavily shielded and highly aggressive enemies appear in great numbers.
Void Burn - Void damage from any source is greatly increased.
Brawler - Guardian melee damage is greatly increased.
Juggler - No ammo drops for your equipped weapon.
Ironclad - More enemies have shields.

Do you think this NF is easy-ish?

Afrocious

Might check out Reddit, but is the warpriest challenge to use all three monoliths, to have different people grab the brand, or both?

Basically are you able to get the brand by one or two cycling him as long as the brand carrier is different each time?

I'm down to trying the challenge with my group this evening.

Also, do you even get 320 gear on normal if you complete the challenge on that difficulty?

Jinjo

So from getting excited over new content now we have to keep our expectations low. I honestly just thought the challenge would be more complicated. The fact that some people didn't realize that they were doing challenge mode until receiving rewards speaks for itself.

It's also way less "organic" than it was for the Templar, which was available day 1, not on a schedule, and not with a big icon telling you "oooouuuh secreeeeet ahead!".
I'm really not a fan of what they did with KF, at all, it's all too gimmicky. :/

Also, the rewards for the challenge mode are only good because the ones for the raid are just abysmal.
And they were this way because of the challenge mode...

Well I do agree, and also mentioned earlier, that this should have just been there on day 1 of the (HM) raid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom