• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT37| Everything Old is New Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Namikaze1

Might check out Reddit, but is the warpriest challenge to use all three monoliths, to have different people grab the brand, or both?

Basically are you able to get the brand by one or two cycling him as long as the brand carrier is different each time?

I'm down to trying the challenge with my group this evening.

Also, do you even get 320 gear on normal if you complete the challenge on that difficulty?
Nah, just different brand holders.

Also, I got the Warpriest CP for us later.

Namikaze1

Nice. What's the challenge specifically?
Challenge basically is to not have the same person as brand holder twice in a row. Don't know yet if the second brand holder dying and brand going to the first one will fuck things up since we did it without anyone dying.

Haybro

Probably been answered, but is there any difference in rewards (besides the standard drops) between doing the challenge on normal vs hard?

todd360

I'll be home at 5:15 pm est nami. Just got to eat dinner when I get home. No big deal if their isn't a spot for me or if you go early though.

Namikaze1

Still curious about Normal mode
It's 310 stuff. You get double drops from the chest that shows up if you do hard mode first, two items at 320 and two at 310 (artifact and heavy or special weapon).

Normal Challenge rewards are a 310 artifact and a 310 weapon (heavy or special)

Hard Mode Challenge rewards are a 320 artifact and a 320 weapon (see above)

Afrocious

I still want a shot at the HM raid helmet on my Titan. It's all I need to get that shader.

We play around 5-6 PM EST. I think we're going around 6PM. We usually have tone or wo spots open.

I can play tonight if you still haven't played then. Welp off to work

If you guys do it in a few hours, I'd love to tag along.

Need that max grimoire score.

If we got Todd and Kor, we're set then since that's 6.

Awesome.

Ji66a-Man

Probably been answered, but is there any difference in rewards (besides the standard drops) between doing the challenge on normal vs hard?

Our group finished the HM Warpriest challenge x3, and it seems like NM guarantees two 310 drops, HM guarantees two 320 drops (an artifact and one item from that boss' loot table) along with a chance for an exotic.

Haybro

Our group finished the HM Warpriest challenge x3, and it seems like NM guarantees two 310 drops, HM guarantees two 320 drops (an artifact and one item from that boss' loot table) along with a chance for an exotic.

Nice, thanks. Doesn't seem like much of a challenge, since that's how we normally run the encounter, lol.

Dave_6

Thanks, sounds like I need to do HM then. I need all the 320 stuff I can get.

I'd like to run 3x NFs this week too. The first part is a bitch but I'd love a higher chance to get that exclusive Warlock helmet.

flkraven

So, it's the same thing? Only we need to just make sure that someone different gets the brand each time? And it's the same Harrowed 320 weapons?

Steady stream of content...

Namikaze1

Warlock now 315! Everyone now over 315.

Thanks for the two Challenge runs, guys! :)

Got the Warpriest CP if anyone needs it later.

noomi

Alright so warpriest is this week, which means next week will either be golgoroth or oryx, right?

That's the only 3 challenges that we know of?

only if it goes to the guy who first had it. as long as it goes to a new person, it still works.

That's good to know, thanks. I guess we were just unlucky it went to the first guy again. I was just mentioning it since Nami had asked specifically about it transferring to the first guy and that exact thing happened w us.

If you kill the warpriest and don't get the challenge, you can redo it and still get the loot.

Yeah of course. But why would you kill him just to lose the CP and have to redo the fight anyway? Much easier to just wipe.

You guys didn't do the full raid 3x?

We did full HM 3x. We just had to go back and redo Totems a 4th time then kill Warpriest again since we messed up the challenge.

Namikaze1

only if it goes to the guy who first had it. as long as it goes to a new person, it still works.

That's good to know, thanks. I guess we were just unlucky it went to the first guy again. I was just mentioning it since Nami had asked specifically about it transferring to the first guy and that exact thing happened w us.
Yeah, I was mostly wondering about the first guy. So it fucks it up then. Good to know that you can keep going if it doesn't go to the first guy.

Is it just me?

Or does this fix the main loot problem in the raid? (Crap or no loot)

It seems specifically designed for exactly this. There is no additional challenge, using different brand holders was a very normal and even optimal strat. Only one person still needs to be good with it since you can easily get well over half damage on the first cycle (or even kill him in 1 cycle).

Luke tweeted before that the hold up w Challenge mode was nailing down the rewards system. They very clearly wanted to fix the terrible loot and this was a smart way to do it (apart from changing the KF tables themselves which I don't see happening).

"Challenge Mode" is a misnomer, should be called "Loot Mode" or something.

We did full HM 3x. We just had to go back and redo Totems a 4th time then kill Warpriest again since we messed up the challenge.

Ah okay. I imagine the rest of the raid dropped disappointing loot, as usual?

So, to confirm:

WP challenge requirement is having 2 different brand holders. One cycle is a failure. Deaths and number of cycles are irrelevant, as long as the brand holder is a different player each time. Reward is 310 artifact and 310 special/heavy for normal, 320 artifact and 320 special/heavy for hard, emblem, calcified fragment and random chance of getting 310 exotic from chest.

So, Golgoroth will require double gazing, oryx will require different runners each cycle?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom