• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT37| Everything Old is New Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Namikaze1

Hunger pangs quest continues after war priest challenge.

Promethian code heroic

Anybody down

Only on my hunter though. Weird
It doesn't.

Went to see if this was something new since I forgot what the steps were for the quest.

It seems your Hunter collected 15 fragments from what the guide states (Eris sends you to kill a taken centurion in the bunker after collecting 15 fragments.)

Strider

Is the war priest challenge selectable from the directory? I don't want to do the whole raid but I'd do a quick warpriest for that guaranteed 320 loot...

Ah okay. I imagine the rest of the raid dropped disappointing loot, as usual?

So, to confirm:

WP challenge requirement is having 2 different brand holders. One cycle is a failure. Deaths and number of cycles are irrelevant, as long as the brand holder is a different player each time. Reward is 310 artifact and 310 special/heavy for normal, 320 artifact and 320 special/heavy for hard, emblem, calcified fragment and random chance of getting 310 exotic from chest.

A 316 Ghost from Oryx was literally my only other HM drop on our first run, lol. Yeah the rest of the loot table still sucks.

As for WP Challenge, I don't know if one cycle is a failure. Someone posted earlier but then clarified it was actually two cycles. Was 1 cycle failure confirmed elsewhere? Also, afaik you could do however many cycles with a different brand holder each time, 2 isn't a requirement.

SheHateMe

I hate that I have to go to work in a hour, because I would totally run a WP challenge mode really quick.

Hopefully, you 1% of the 1% will still be around tonight to run through it.

Namikaze1

Is the war priest challenge selectable from the directory? I don't want to do the whole raid but I'd do a quick warpriest for that guaranteed 320 loot...
You just need the checkpoint. No need to do the full raid. Just grab the CP off of someone or join a team looking to do just Warpriest. :)

But no, not selectable from the directory.

It doesn't.

Went to see if this was something new since I forgot what the steps were for the quest.

It seems your Hunter collected 15 fragments from what the guide states (Eris sends you to kill a taken centurion in the bunker after collecting 15 fragments.)

Oh, makes sense. What does this quest lead to?

Nope it's just a modifier to the NM and HM directory selection. Have to beat him using the different brand holders but otherwise it's just like the usual raid.

I have Warpriest CP saved since I'm sure lots of people will be looking for it this week.

ToM

Ji66a-Man

Yeah of course. But why would you kill him just to lose the CP and have to redo the fight anyway? Much easier to just wipe.

We did full HM 3x. We just had to go back and redo Totems a 4th time then kill Warpriest again since we messed up the challenge.

My warpriest CP didn't save, it saved at Golgoroth's Cellar. Do you still have the CP?

Namikaze1

Touch of Malice. It's a long quest. Though there's still more to it after getting Touch of Malice. Everyone believe the quest will finally conclude after getting all fragments since no one has yet to get the shader tied to the Old Hunger quest.

Nope it's just a modifier to the NM and HM directory selection. Have to beat him using the different brand holders but otherwise it's just like the usual raid.

I have Warpriest CP saved since I'm sure lots of people will be looking for it this week.

ToM

Oh, nevermind. Already got that. Lol, been so long i forgot

So, Golgoroth will require double gazing, oryx will require different runners each cycle?

Yeah, these are the best guesses currently. I still think the Golgi actual check will be never getting "failed to capture gaze" text pop up. That would require double gaze and killing him within 6 orbs on the first cycle. I don't know how else they would force double gaze since they clearly aren't actually changing any of the fight mechanics.

working from home and no streamz

wai gaf wai

Sorry dude, we finished our runs awhile ago. Challenge mode was a fun new thing mainly due to sweet loot but it's not too hype.

My warpriest CP didn't save, it saved at Golgoroth's Cellar. Do you still have the CP?

Mistakes etc. Ummmm let me load it up and check real quick, hopefully it saved.

Strider

You just need the checkpoint. No need to do the full raid. Just grab the CP off of someone or join a team looking to do just Warpriest. :)

But no, not selectable from the directory.

Cool, thanks.

Yea I'll probably take the time to do that this week just for the quick and easy LL boost. If not today I'll look to get that checkpoint from you :D

Namikaze1

Alright, this is what
I hope
will
not
happen:

You get all 50 fragments

Eris has a mission icon over her head

Part 1 requires you to unlock ToM's full potential (basically get it to 320)

Part 2 requires you to beat Oryx HM with a 320 ToM

Shader get

Strider

I am very confident that Bungie listened to our complaints and made the drops guaranteed 320.

Ya know it seems as though LL isn't being increased just yet
goodjob.gif

noomi

Alright, this is what
I hope
will
not
happen:

You get all 50 fragments

Shader get

what about that sexy raid ship. #want

E92 M3

Alright, this is what
I hope
will
not
happen:

You get all 50 fragments

Shader get

While that sounds cool in theory, I already infused mines up to 317 lol.

Ya know it seems as though LL isn't being increased just yet
goodjob.gif

Thank goodness!

what about that sexy raid ship. #want

Yeah, supposedly there are 2 ships from the raid!

The funny thing about this challenge is that I don't think I've ever done Warpriest any other way.

What group ever assigned an aura holder?

Oh well, at least there is now a source of 320 infusion fodder, for those who want it.

Personally, I'm just not into pushing for LL320. I hate doing HM Oryx and that is the only real reason for it. The rest of the raid is enjoyable and I guess I'll hit 318 or so eventually.

Sounds good, I'll be online in a few hours and would like to grab the hm totem checkpoint if anyone is still online then.

Just post when you want it and I can load it up.

Actually, can I grab a checkpoint from someone? That would be nice.

Totems or Warpriest?

I am very confident that Bungie listened to our complaints and made the drops guaranteed 320.

Yep. *insert comment about "don't complain!" here*

Also, I guess Challenge mode fits with your OT title suggestion :p

flkraven

Here's my guess for LL. Now that we can reliably get 320 gear and a 320 artifact, odds are we can decrypt 330 exotics once at 320 LL. So the appeal of exotics will be that they are slightly higher defense and damage.

Strider

With the Warpriest challenge though I might actually wanna do it with both my Hunter and Titan... So what kinda LL do people normally look for with the HM raid? I know Oryx people like 310+ but the rest of the raid is basically the same as NM right?

My alt Titan is 302ish but if I could get it on a Warpriest challenge mode that will jump waaaay up considering it drops a 320 artifact.

E92 M3

Just post when you want it and I can load it up.

Totems or Warpriest?

Yep. *insert comment about "don't complain!" here*

Also, I guess Challenge mode fits with your OT title suggestion :p

I'll never suggest a better OT title again. Happy to get 1 under the belt lol.

Now to get through this workday.

But your ToM's true potential lies dormant! It needs to be 320 for it to go Super Saiyan!

I'll put it through the hyperbolic time chamber.

Just noticed my Titan 320 Artifact has a legit new perk.

"Taken Piercer" gives chance for orb generation on all Taken precision kills. Sounds decent, much better than those silly elemental precision kills when we have no elemental primaries.

Namikaze1

Now that fake 320 Hunter from the other day can be a real 320 Hunter this week.

With the Warpriest challenge though I might actually wanna do it with both my Hunter and Titan... So what kinda LL do people normally look for with the HM raid? I know Oryx people like 310+ but the rest of the raid is basically the same as NM right?

My alt Titan is 302ish but if I could get it on a Warpriest challenge mode that will jump waaaay up considering it drops a 320 artifact.
It's doable with folks in the lower 300 range.

Does anybody want Warpriest CP?

I'm sitting at it now and can chill for a few minutes if anyone wants to join. Fireteam is public, PSN is DrDrizzay101.

Did 2x challenge today and I got one of the new legendary swords (I didn't need my linked buddy to get it).

I need to buy Truth soon and buy the 1000 stare sniper so I can be ready for trials.

Namikaze1

I mean my weapons are 310 at least so I really doubt it'd be an issue... You lookin to do it 3 times? If you have a spot in any of your groups let me know :D
I'm done actually. Only need to do it one more time but I'm saving that for my reset raid run with the group later.

Afrocious

The funny thing about this challenge is that I don't think I've ever done Warpriest any other way.

What group ever assigned an aura holder?

Oh well, at least there is now a source of 320 infusion fodder, for those who want it.

Personally, I'm just not into pushing for LL320. I hate doing HM Oryx and that is the only real reason for it. The rest of the raid is enjoyable and I guess I'll hit 318 or so eventually.

Someone with Red Death can have a fun time being an aura holder.

I've been assigned to hold aura once, but it's not a strat I normally do because we don't time for that shit.

I mean my weapons are 310 at least so I really doubt it'd be an issue... You lookin to do it 3 times? If you have a spot in any of your groups let me know :D

If you're gonna be around 5-6pm Eastern you can join our group.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom