• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT37| Everything Old is New Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

GhaleonEB

I so thought the challenges were next week with the big December update. They weren't even part of that update. Very sneaky, Bungie. :lol

GlamFM

Banned
Well.... here´s what they said:

Gavin: Hello again, my fellow Raiders! I wanted to give you a heads-up on an upcoming feature for the King’s Fall Raid: Challenge Modes!

Early in December, one of the King’s Fall bosses will offer their challenge each week. You’ll see which boss when you select the Raid in the Director. It will display next to a skull, just like one of our Nightfall modifiers. They work on both normal and hard mode, and offer rewards to match.

Each boss’s challenge requires that you defeat them in a very specific manner. How, exactly? We’re going to leave that up to you to discover (but apologies in advance to those that run the single-pool strat for Golgoroth).

Good luck, Guardians!

Earliest in December ;)

darknil

It makes sense to start challenge mode today. So 1st, 8th and 15th will be all 3, a lot of people stop playing from 24th onwards because of the holidays.

Honestly, if I had to guess, I think it's unintentional.

It makes sense considering they are spreading them out one challenge per week. They'd have to start today to get all 3 in before the holiday week arrives. I don't understand why they didn't just say "December 1" instead of "early in December." I guess for the surprise factor but seems kinda unnecessary.

edit: beaten by Darknil w/ same explanation, haha

breezy, this one's for you:

kLDfAz5.jpg

They just made the first raid Challenge Mode active today.You get bonus loot if you kill the Warpriest using a different brand holder each time. Emblem and a calcified fragment are guaranteed.

HM gives 320 artifact and 320 sniper, rocket launcher, or machine gun.

NM gives 310 artifact and 310 sniper, RL or MG. You get all 4 of these if you clear HM first.

Hopefully I managed to not screw up the loot this time :p

So, are the 320/310 weapon drops guaranteed as well? Or just the artifact, emblem and fragment?

Frostburn

So any more groups forming for this HM Warpriest Challenge? I'd be down for giving it a shot, haven't played Destiny in a while.

So, are the 320/310 weapon drops guaranteed as well? Or just the artifact, emblem and fragment?

Yeah I probably wrote that a little confusing... I meant the emblem and fragment would drop from either NM or HM. The artifact and weapon drops are guaranteed from their respective difficulty settings.

Mindlog

So the key for Warpriest is a different relic holder. Easy enough.
Golgermoney can't be one pooled... Not a lot of creativity.... We're calling the Golgoroth challenge as different gaze holders right? That could be fun for teams with limited DPS.
16 bombs. 4 Different Relic runners?
I'm sad all of you will he done with the challenge mode by the afternoon. Thus making it a pain to find a group tonight :(.
Same for me. I'll give it a shot in about five hours.

flkraven

So odds are we will have all the calcified fragments by December 15th, just in time to start the last quest, and have it time gated until the Christmas week.

I need one more challenge war priest anyone trying to do it in like 30 min? Also in hoping for a special weapon since I have 3, 320 heavy weapons

Afrocious

This is probably a poor time to ask this, but is there any interest in a crucible train later on today? Yesterday's was great thought I started it a bit too late at night lol.

Euro-Guardians will have your back.

Nice, I will call on you all.

I'll be on tonight. I'm sure we can find others. This is Greyblade right?

Just hope we can get the checkpoint tonight somehow.

Yeah, this is greyblade. I probably won't be on until 6:15 pm est ish time.

So the key for Warpriest is a different relic holder. Easy enough.
Golgermoney can't be one pooled... Not a lot of creativity.... We're calling the Golgoroth challenge as different gaze holders right? That could be fun for teams with limited DPS.
16 bombs. 4 Different Relic runners?

Same for me. I'll give it a shot in about five hours.

I probably won't be on then, but if you still need it around 6:15 est I'll be trying it.

deadduck

I can load either if you give me a few minutes to load it up.

I won't be playing more but I'll be around w either CP today. I'll try to keep an eye on the thread and can load them if people are looking.

Awesome, cheers Driz, whenever you're ready, no rush

Strider

Hmmm so we did Warpriest while having a different brand holder each time but we didn't get the loot. does it have to be done in 2 cycles? We did 3.

My first HM drop was a 310 heavy btw. rofl this fuckin raid

Trakan

So if I do this 3x today, I have 6 guaranteed chances at the raid sniper. If I don't get it today, I don't think I ever will. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom