• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT37| Everything Old is New Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

LTWood12

I got four weapons in my first Warpriest Challenge run:

320 sniper
310 sniper
310 HM sniper
300 sniper

It rained Yasmins for me. :/

LawsuitLogosPics_yaz_yasmin%20pills.jpg

99.9% effective

Namikaze1

Seriously, it rained Yasmins for me today.

Second WP Challenge run gave me:

320 sniper
310 sniper
311 HM sniper
and the fusion rifle (can't remember the LL but it was under 310)

I'm expecting my third challenge run to give me Yasmin again. I need a 320 heavy for my alts (Titan has had one since the first HM run)

I got four weapons in my first Warpriest Challenge run:

320 sniper
310 sniper
310 HM sniper
300 sniper

It rained Yasmins for me. :/

I have 14 overall KF completions but I've done WP more than that seeing as I didn't finish Oryx a couple times. Still zero Yasmin or raid auto rifle drops for me (not that I care for the auto rifle).

Namikaze1

So it's a fail if a brand holder dies at any point?
Only a fail if the brand goes to a previous brand holder.

Drizzay's group had their second brand holder die and it went to the first brand holder in one run from what he said. They failed the challenge.

But if the brand goes to someone who hasn't had the brand yet, you can keep going. This was confirmed by another gaffer.

Haybro

Only if it passes the brand to someone who has already had it.

Only a fail if the brand goes to a previous brand holder.

Drizzay's group had their second brand holder die and it went to the first brand holder in one run from what he said. They failed the challenge.

But if the brand goes to someone who hasn't had the brand yet, you can keep going. This was confirmed by another gaffer.

Thanks guys.

Namikaze1

I have 14 overall KF completions but I've done WP more than that seeing as I didn't finish Oryx a couple times. Still zero Yasmin or raid auto rifle drops for me (not that I care for the auto rifle).
I think I stole all the Yasmins today.

Got 7 total in just 2 Warpriest Challenge runs today. (I'm expecting another one or two to drop on my third run later on)

If you don't get one today, you can blame me for it. :p

Homeboyd

So on the Year 1 exotics that were recently announced returning for TTK, did they say if any had been improved or if any additional perks were added (and explained how/what was changed if so)? Aka why I would want to pick up a Dragon's Breath 2.0 vs tossing it in the dumpster?

Just did the challenge mode and got a 310 thunderlord to drop without using a 3oC. Pretty great addition. Makes me feel like only wanting to run challenges from now on. Great loot system.

E92 M3

So on the Year 1 exotics that were recently announced returning for TTK, did they say if any had been improved or if any additional perks were added (and explained how/what was changed if so)? Aka why I would want to pick up a Dragon's Breath 2.0 vs tossing it in the dumpster?

They made an ambiguous statement about some of them having something "new." It wouldn't be smart to release DB 2.0 as the same thing like 1.0. Then again, Bungie is known for such things sometimes lol.

ethomaz

Banned
I love the way they did Challenge but it give you a 320 armor/weapon.... not random from 310-320.

It is way better that way.

They can even increase the difficult if they hold 320 gears.

I was wondering why the thread blew up over night (like 6 x 50ppp) which is 5-6 more pages than a usual reset lately so I knew something happened.

Good to see some good drops for our efforts now.

lt519

Seems like an underwhelming challenge, we did this most of the time by accident. Expecting the same with Golgoroth, my normal raid group always did multiple pools and juggled.

Oryx on the other hand could be a nightmare if they force runner rotation into the mechanics. It's already hard enough finding people that can stand on a plate and not die.

E92 M3

Seems like an underwhelming challenge, we did this most of the time by accident. Expecting the same with Golgoroth, my normal raid group always did multiple pools and juggled.

Oryx on the other hand could be a nightmare if they force runner rotation into the mechanics. It's already hard enough finding people that can stand on a plate and not die.

Can't forget that majority of people haven't even beat hard Oryx yet. These challenges will only be completed by the few, in the grand scheme of things.

Pretty sure Warpriest Challenge is to kill him by only having one Rune destroyed

aka 2 cycle him

aka do what everyone has been doing for months

aka wtf

Technically each time we're able to DPS Warpriest, he destroys a different rune so his whole encounter is really only ONE CYCLE

kappa

I haven't fully raided for a few weeks but it was rare for groups I've been in to 2 cycle him (mostly lfg). Seems like more and more groups can now though so that's good.

Thinking about deleting my alt hunter and making a Titan (so I'll have all 3 classes). I still have that spark thing to level 25.

I don't even mess with raids/nightfalls too much since theres no more benefit really from either character.

lt519

Can't forget that majority of people haven't even beat hard Oryx yet. These challenges will only be completed by the few, in the grand scheme of things.

Yeah, true. It'll be a nice gear boost for most people to take make HM Oryx a bit easier.

It makes me wonder if in the majority of raids people select one person to always activate the final pressure plate? I'm expecting a shit show for most people when they force multiple pools in Golgoroth. It'll be like the bridge in CE all over again when they removed the spawn cheese and people didn't even know the mechanics. Glad we typically run the mechanics as "intended" in my group, prepares us well for nerfs and challenges.

Trakan

You can't think of it that way. If a majority of people don't do the raid, you don't cater the raid to them. If they're trying to entice new people to try raiding, well then that's what multiple difficulties are for. You would think "challenge" mode for the raid, which is already the hardest content in the game would provide an actual challenge, especially for hard mode. Most people didn't even notice what was different. They even could have done a separate challenge for both normal and hard, but this is Bungie we're talking about.

To be honest, I don't even care about the "challenge" being too easy, but I understand why some people are upset.

Thinking about deleting my alt hunter and making a Titan (so I'll have all 3 classes).

YES, THE ONLY WAY TO DO IT!

I still have that spark thing to level 25.

EVEN BETTER!

I don't even mess with raids/nightfalls too much since theres no more benefit really from either character.

Your new Titan can do Nightfall as long as you save blue engrams all the way to Light 40. Decrypt each 1 at a time and if it's higher light, equip first before decrypting the next. Any blue Armor engrams you earn from your mains, save those for your new titan to decrypt as well. He'll shoot up to 280 in no time. Then you can easily run a nightfall and probably get a legendary gear.

E92 M3

Yeah, true. It'll be a nice gear boost for most people to take make HM Oryx a bit easier.

It makes me wonder if in the majority of raids people select one person to always activate the final pressure plate? I'm expecting a shit show for most people when they force multiple pools in Golgoroth. It'll be like the bridge in CE all over again when they removed the spawn cheese and people didn't even know the mechanics. Glad we typically run the mechanics as "intended" in my group, prepares us well for nerfs and challenges.

Like you said earlier, some people can't even stay alive on the Oryx platform. Golgo will break people lol.

Thinking about deleting my alt hunter and making a Titan (so I'll have all 3 classes). I still have that spark thing to level 25.

Having one of each really opens up the game. Yeah, it requires a bit more effort with management, but I used to run 3 hunters and ended up hating it.

You can't think of it that way. If a majority of people don't do the raid, you don't cater the raid to them. If they're trying to entice new people to try raiding, well then that's what multiple difficulties are for. You would think "challenge" mode for the raid, which is already the hardest content in the game would provide an actual challenge, especially for hard mode. Most people didn't even notice what was different. They even could have done a separate challenge for both normal and hard, but this is Bungie we're talking about.

To be honest, I don't even care about the "challenge" being too easy, but I understand why some people are upset.

We are a jaded bunch and shouldn't be used as a barometer for what is hard or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom