• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT37| Everything Old is New Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forcing people to learn all of the roles to a fight doesn't sound like that much of a challenge on paper but I've been surprised by how un-adaptable the player base is. Many people get used to doing their set job and then freak out when they have to do something on the fly or different from the norm.

Yeah, it's the worst that so many people are so rigid. Traveler forbid some dies on Oryx and people have to change roles on the fly. Everyone just panics and throws their hands in the air. I blame Crota's End for making everyone so lazy.

I mean, I'm betting most groups have gotten into the habit of having one aura holder, one gaze holder, one brand runner...this would throw people in a loop.

(Luckily being such pros as we are, with my group I've alternated with Fig between running the Brand, so we're half way their for the Oryx challenge mode)

Forcing people to learn all of the roles to a fight doesn't sound like that much of a challenge on paper but I've been surprised by how un-adaptable the player base is. Many people get used to doing their set job and then freak out when they have to do something on the fly or different from the norm.

Yup, this is me. I do my job, I do it well, but that is all i do. I can't hold gaze, and I really suck when torn, I suck with the Aura etc......

Yup, this is me. I do my job, I do it well, but that is all i do. I can't hold gaze, and I really suck when torn, I suck with the Aura etc......

A little positivity goes a long ways. Just keep trying and try to improve. The platforming in oryx/daughters is really easy especially when you know the pattern of which jumps are longer and shorter.

Wow a destiny thread on gaming side that is unanimously positive. That is quite rare indeed.

You mean the Poll thread about Gunplay? I wouldn't call that a Destiny thread but we've heard many people's complaints that "everything but the gunplay sucks" so it's not too surprising.

Still, good to hear when it's not a hate thread and you just pick the best yada yada so it sounds positive.

Of course. TBD, but probably around 10 pm Central give or take.

Would love to have you aboard tonight if time permits. We are stating kind of late though.

I think I'll be around. Looks like my normal group filled up over the weekend. I'll let you know for sure closer to when you're running.

lol wut how the fuck did i get 5 drops from oryx?

310 hm helmet
306 nm helmet
314 hm gloves
311 hm hand cannon
300 nm pulse

and i didnt even have 20 moldering shards in my inventory...

You always have a chance for a helmet and a chance for a primary, plus the guaranteed HM drop (plus shard drop if you had 20). So you rolled yes on the nm helmet and primary, plus yes on the hm helmet and primary, plus 314 gloves for guaranteed hm drop.

You could get up to 8 from one kill, with the Mouldering shard drop and yes on nm and hm exotic drops.

Lol thisis(d)Gaf.gif

If only Twilight was around to post the actual gif.

giphy.gif

chewydogg

Save some runs for later tonight, please!

<I need to stay out of this thread until I can actually sit down and play. I'm just torturing myself looking at a all these raids I can't join...>

Of course. TBD, but probably around 10 pm Central give or take.

Are we only doing HM up to WP for the challenge loot and stopping there? If so this works for me, if not I may not be able to do the entire raid that late. It really depends on how fast we get through it.

E92 M3

Nah there were people that didn't want to run the Relic or get teleported (until that became random) for VoG either and some that never cared to learn.

"Who here knows how or is comfortable with running relic?"

It was usually 3/6 people haha.

But yea for some reason, the sword was worse. LIke 0-1 person on average.

Relic, sword, and platforming are some of the funnest parts of the raids, for me.

And that's why I am happy that most don't want to do it lol. I'd rather do it myself ensure efficiency haha.

Unstable

Hey guys, I had a really bizarre dream. I dreamt that Bungie patched in guaranteed progress! And everyone got some 320s!
(Yes, even Drake)

Crazy right? I mean, everyone knows that people don't play Destiny anymore.

Kappa

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Added you to my FL, we are running it now, we grabbed the CP to do it once more so we will need a few players for that ins run if you are interested.

Sure, just shoot me an invite for the next run!

Hey guys, I had a really bizarre dream. I dreamt that Bungie patched in guaranteed progress! And everyone got some 320s!
(Yes, even Drake)

Kappa

Thats poppy-cop. It's just a dream, unstable! A dream! Like it's always been!

lt519

Crota's End made people extremely lazy and bad at the game in general, especially with the Gjallahorn dependence that started to develop. To start most groups went like this:

-1 player cheeses bridge section with exploding lamp and rock
-Despawn all the enemies and snipe the Ogres
-1 player grenades the Wizards out of the rooms, everyone that isn't good dies and someone finishes the Deathsinger off
-1 player runs sword while people shoot Gjallahorns

They fixed things and then it was:

-1 hunter sneaks through to safe rock
-Every dies and a Warlock self revives
-Same
-Same

Then they tried again to fix the bridge:
-One person goes across with sword, hides behind pillar, everyone left wipes, warlock res and then snipe ogres.

It was infuriating to play CE with some groups, it's like some people didn't even want to play at all. I actually had people switch to low level Warlocks just for the bridge section so they didn't have to play the encounter.

This carried over into PoE (Gjallahorn burn every boss which led to an unnecessary Qodron nerf) and King's Fall where people aren't adaptable to rough situations at all. Getting a PUG group to think on the fly in King's Fall is really hard. Doing Skolas carries was fun because it required people to think on the fly in the patched encounter. It was fun to see people grow into themselves and start playing on good instinct instead of strict instruction.

ACR0019

Since LLs are going to rise dramatically over the next three weeks, do y'all think an early January expansion will be announced at PSX?

Lets talk basic settings real quick. Sensitivity.

I tend to change it from 4 to 7 and everything in between. Constantly.

I know my lack of consistency is probably hurting me, but I just can't seem to settle on a sensitivity level. Should I be practicing with the higher sensitivity for best results? Some days 7 feels great, but then sometimes when I twitch to make a shot- I will notice I may overshoot the target. Or I am having to constantly readjust my aim because I am bouncing around. Other days, 4 feels great. But then sometimes I don't quite get the crosshair far enough over. Or I am too slow to track an air target with sniper. Or too slow to turn around in melee-range fights.

Just curious what you guys all run on and what I should be practicing on and getting used to for best results.

Maybe something will be announced being worked on by the Live team, but I doubt it comes out in January.

If we take TDB as any indication, that came out in December. Things like levelling up old exotics and 'challenge' mode aren't really content, just time gated things.

So if they didn't announce anything, the fuck they've been doing.

Lets talk basic settings real quick. Sensitivity.

I tend to change it from 4 to 7 and everything in between. Constantly.

I know my lack of consistency is probably hurting me, but I just can't seem to settle on a sensitivity level. Should I be practicing with the higher sensitivity for best results? Some days 7 feels great, but then sometimes when I twitch to make a shot- I will notice I may overshoot the target. Or I am having to constantly readjust my aim because I am bouncing around. Other days, 4 feels great. But then sometimes I don't quite get the crosshair far enough over. Or I am too slow to track an air target with sniper. Or too slow to turn around in melee-range fights.

Just curious what you guys all run on and what I should be practicing on and getting used to for best results.

10. All day, every day.

Supposedly this makes sniping harder but I haven't noticed. I much prefer being able to run underneath a blink shotgunner, turn around and punch them in the back of the head before they can turn around.

LTWood12

Are we only doing HM up to WP for the challenge loot and stopping there? If so this works for me, if not I may not be able to do the entire raid that late. It really depends on how fast we get through it.

3x WP challenge.

(Yes, even Drake)

Kappa
tumblr_mkqey593ND1s7xdcoo1_500.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom