• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT37| Everything Old is New Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
After being harsh on this game more than once I decided to give it a try after finding a nice BF sale.

WLuz444.jpg

Trakan

We are a jaded bunch and shouldn't be used as a barometer for what is hard or not.

If you or Bungie think that multiple aura holders is hard or that groups actually had 1 person who was designated to run around to each plate and be the guy to do it everytime, then I don't know how to further respond to this conversation.

It would actually be harder if the challenge was 1 designated aura holder.

E92 M3

If you or Bungie think that multiple aura holders is hard or that groups actually had 1 person who was designated to run around to each plate and be the guy to do it everytime, then I don't know how to further respond to this conversation.

I never commented on the difficulty of the challenge itself, just the fact that, overall, Bungie can't really listen to us on what is hard or not. So far, they have been doing a great job on balancing the raid and not making it feel cheap like hard Crota. I trust them when it comes to difficulty.

One holder would be gross. Haha. My group will have trouble on golgeroth (spelling) since we only do one orb strat. Now other people, other than myself, will have to pull the gaze. So I'm happy about that.

Lol everyone just need to hang out in the tower for a few hours to find new players. Here is my tip: look for people level 25-39, check grimoire it should be from like 400-2300. Also check their PSN trophies: if they only have a few bronze trophies they just got their PS4 (and destiny), if they have more trophies they might have just got Destiny or been playing on and off (not eligible).

Having candy helps.

Also Deku I think I might know someone picking up Destiny soon, if he gets it I'll let you refer him ;)

Edit: Also if you find someone, first ask if they have a mic. . it is not worth doing it with someone who is micless. and then send your RAF code via psn message by using the phone app (copy and paste it in). It will pop up in their web browser on their PS4. Much easier than asking for an email address.

lol wut how the fuck did i get 5 drops from oryx?

310 hm helmet
306 nm helmet
314 hm gloves
311 hm hand cannon
300 nm pulse

and i didnt even have 20 moldering shards in my inventory...

SheHateMe

So, I'm torturing myself here at work because everyone is getting all the good stuff with the WP Challenge and I'm... at work.

But I won't be at work midnight EST.

Soooooo.... anyone wants to do WP HM Challenge?

1. Instant__Vintage (me)
2. (you)
3. (yo momma)
4. (yo cousin)
5. (rolling down the Dreadnaught on Vogues)
6. (coming up slamming Cabal Blast doors)

So my theory/speculation for future challenge modes is as follows-

Kings Fall has a peculiar gameplay theme. Something that is repeated for each fight, that it slowly teaches you before it takes it away then makes you perfect that.

That is, having a 'hero(Or Heroes)'.

A hero, in this instance being someone who is the main adjudicator of a boss. For the opening, it's having 2 people grab the relic then work in synchronicity to power up the statue. For the flying ships, it's to have 2 people stay back so that they open the gate for their teammates before having their teammates do the same for theme. For Warpriest, it is the one with the aura, who doesn't attack the boss in order to power up his teammates to do so. For Golgoroth, it is the one who distracts the boss so that his team can open fire upon his gut whilst the hero is taking the brunt of the assault. In the Penis room, it is the 3 who stay to unlock the passage ways(Albeit this can be skipped, unintentionally with a use of sword). The sister deviates from this, forcing different players be 'heroes'. And finally Oryx, the one who runs the path, steals the brand, and leads the assault on Oryx.

For the Warpriest Challenge Mode, the challenge is 'You must have different heroes.' It is as simple as that. My theory/speculation is that this theme will be repeated throughout the challenge mode. For Golgoroth, different people will likely have to hold the gaze in order to complete the challenge. For Oryx, there will have to be different runners who control the brand.

....it's my theory, but it would serve consistent with how the fights are made, and what the WP challenge has shown us.

So my theory/speculation for future challenge modes is as follows-

Kings Fall has a peculiar gameplay theme. Something that is repeated for each fight, that it slowly teaches you before it takes it away then makes you perfect that.

That is, having a 'hero(Or Heroes)'.

A hero, in this instance being someone who is the main adjudicator of a boss. For the opening, it's having 2 people grab the relic then work in synchronicity to power up the statue. For the flying ships, it's to have 2 people stay back so that they open the gate for their teammates before having their teammates do the same for theme. For Warpriest, it is the one with the aura, who doesn't attack the boss in order to power up his teammates to do so. For Golgoroth, it is the one who distracts the boss so that his team can open fire upon his gut whilst the hero is taking the brunt of the assault. In the Penis room, it is the 3 who stay to unlock the passage ways(Albeit this can be skipped, unintentionally with a use of sword). The sister deviates from this, forcing different players be 'heroes'. And finally Oryx, the one who runs the path, steals the brand, and leads the assault on Oryx.

For the Warpriest Challenge Mode, the challenge is 'You must have different heroes.' It is as simple as that. My theory/speculation is that this theme will be repeated throughout the challenge mode. For Golgoroth, different people will likely have to hold the gaze in order to complete the challenge. For Oryx, there will have to be different runners who control the brand.

....it's my theory, but it would serve consistent with how the fights are made, and what the WP challenge has shown us.

Forcing people to learn all of the roles to a fight doesn't sound like that much of a challenge on paper but I've been surprised by how un-adaptable the player base is. Many people get used to doing their set job and then freak out when they have to do something on the fly or different from the norm.

E92 M3

Forcing people to learn all of the roles to a fight doesn't sound like that much of a challenge on paper but I've been surprised by how un-adaptable the player base is. Many people get used to doing their set job and then freak out when they have to do something on the fly or different from the norm.

Yeah, it's the worst that so many people are so rigid. Traveler forbid some dies on Oryx and people have to change roles on the fly. Everyone just panics and throws their hands in the air. I blame Crota's End for making everyone so lazy.

Yeah, it's the worst that so many people are so rigid. Traveler forbid some dies on Oryx and people have to change roles on the fly. Everyone just panics and throws their hands in the air. I blame Crota's End for making everyone so lazy.

Nah there were people that didn't want to run the Relic or get teleported (until that became random) for VoG either and some that never cared to learn.

"Who here knows how or is comfortable with running relic?"

It was usually 3/6 people haha.

But yea for some reason, the sword was worse. LIke 0-1 person on average.

Relic, sword, and platforming are some of the funnest parts of the raids, for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom