• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT37| Everything Old is New Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lets talk basic settings real quick. Sensitivity.

I tend to change it from 4 to 7 and everything in between. Constantly.

I know my lack of consistency is probably hurting me, but I just can't seem to settle on a sensitivity level. Should I be practicing with the higher sensitivity for best results? Some days 7 feels great, but then sometimes when I twitch to make a shot- I will notice I may overshoot the target. Or I am having to constantly readjust my aim because I am bouncing around. Other days, 4 feels great. But then sometimes I don't quite get the crosshair far enough over. Or I am too slow to track an air target with sniper. Or too slow to turn around in melee-range fights.

Just curious what you guys all run on and what I should be practicing on and getting used to for best results.

I run 4 because I typically run Sniper rifles in FPS games. It definitely puts me at a disadvantage in extreme close quarters (rounding corners and such) but I find that rather than messing with my sensitivity it's better, in general, to practice trying to control the range of engagement. Not get baited into close quarters gun fights and not being afraid to back out of a fight that's not taking place in range of my strength.

I'd suggest that you pick a sensitivity that complements your playstyle (slower tends to favor more methodical players while faster favors Run n Gun types) and stick with that while training yourself to avoid gun fights that put you at a disadvantage.

CLBridges

Still see DGAF is going strong even after the 5 or so months I've been away, that's awesome! Itching to get back to Destiny but been through a little rough patch, hopefully I'll have some peeps willing to take me through old content when I can scrap up some change to repurchase a PS4. If anybody has an extra one laying around, let me know lol. Warlock still Master race haha.

PSN: Ghostfacedon

LTWood12

what's the concensus - loot worth it?

giphy.gif

GRIP

Lets talk basic settings real quick. Sensitivity.

I tend to change it from 4 to 7 and everything in between. Constantly.

I know my lack of consistency is probably hurting me, but I just can't seem to settle on a sensitivity level. Should I be practicing with the higher sensitivity for best results? Some days 7 feels great, but then sometimes when I twitch to make a shot- I will notice I may overshoot the target. Or I am having to constantly readjust my aim because I am bouncing around. Other days, 4 feels great. But then sometimes I don't quite get the crosshair far enough over. Or I am too slow to track an air target with sniper. Or too slow to turn around in melee-range fights.

Just curious what you guys all run on and what I should be practicing on and getting used to for best results.

I've been using max sensitivity for a while now. Not always ideal in pvp when using snipers (and I much prefer using snipers), but I got used to it and can't go back. I always feel like I need to be able to pan the camera around as quickly as possibly and lower sensitivities just feel too slow.

You always have a chance for a helmet and a chance for a primary, plus the guaranteed HM drop (plus shard drop if you had 20). So you rolled yes on the nm helmet and primary, plus yes on the hm helmet and primary, plus 314 gloves for guaranteed hm drop.

You could get up to 8 from one kill, with the Mouldering shard drop and yes on nm and hm exotic drops.

I see. So much loot potential, yet oryx can give you 2 shards and a 300 ghost at times.

If Bungie backtracks on 320 stuff, this place will be more dead than it ever has been the past few weeks.

The raid obviously gave crappy rewards overall, so this is finally something we deserve. It's not like the light level matters much outside of KF HM.

E92 M3

If Bungie backtracks on 320 stuff, this place will be more dead than it ever has been the past few weeks.

The raid obviously gave crappy rewards overall, so this is finally something we deserve.

Not even the bean counter at the investment team can make Bungie do that. It would be internet suicide lol.

The ire will be unstoppable.

Not even the bean counter at the investment team can make Bungie do that. It would be internet suicide lol.

It's kind of sad that some have that mindset. Anything good/fun will be taken *pause*... away so enjoy it while it lasts! I hope that mindset can ease away.

Light level is representative of skill

Kappa

Hahaha I can't wait to face some 320s in Trials!

One change needed:

Not Display a 40 next to everyone's name. Display Light Level instead.

I know this will never happen but:

At the very least, Shaders/Emblems/Emotes should be account-wide. I'd buy more Emotes if I could have them on both xbox one/ps4. I spent $20 on silver on ps4 and the fact I can't use those emotes on xb1 dissuaded me to not get anymore. I know I'm in the super 1% of the 1% minority but yea. Costmetics should be account wide at the very least.

This and put the grimoire score back on the emblem. I want every single random I come across to know I have no life outside of this game!

Exactly. I want people to look at my numbers and be like, "Jesus... I didn't even know Girmoire could get that high..."

Currently sitting at 4790.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom